Why does this game reward negative behaviour?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

jimknight92

Re: Why does this game reward negative behaviour?

Post by jimknight92 »

A pvp on/off option in the homepage settings would be nice. I enjoy pvp but not when I'm forced into it and waste my supplies because of a surprise attacker while i'm grinding maybe even addng a "pvp map" where you may offer items/gold up for stakes would be interesting for all players
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive into yours.
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

Hi Sec
Secular wrote:Having a disable/enable PvP option in the settings like some have mentioned here, seems like a far-fetched idea to me. If two or more players were battling it out somewhere in the realm, if one came close to death, he or she would just quickly back out of the game, disable PvP and then become immune. That seems a little ridiculous, don't you think? Something like this has a great potential for abuse.
it would be almost impossible do anything that is not open to abuse in 1 way or another, however i dont think the fact that you could disable pvp in the settings would make a difference and you would have already logged and saved yourself anyway

Very few people fight to the death without logging unless they are friends who agree to give the items back
Secular wrote: The best you can do is to prepare yourself, you should have no problem fighting back or escaping death unless you AFK train.
You dont have to be AFK to be vulnerable to attack from an opportunist archer with a fire arrow who waits until your are red!! i have done it myself to JONY :-)

As i am set up for PVM to level as fast as possible without the temptation to buy levels i will never be set up to PVP!! typing in a password to google wallet to buy levels after 1 too many stella artois is far easier than handing over cold hard cash :-(

Fiora showed me how poor my PVP stats are when we fought to the red yesterday and she kicked my ass.
she has 50 more dex than me!! i dont need 50 more dex as i have 50% more dex than the highest dex'd monster this is something i have experimented with and it seems to give me the edge in PVM

Talking of dex where is warpig (dexpig)

I am not a fan of PVP ( you may have guessed) but i think it may be more acceptable to us who hate it if the attacker had more to lose.

If only the attacker could become an outlaw and not the defender? we all know that you no longer have the option of not defending yourself due to the new game mechanics (which i happen to like)

Also if only the attackers items and maybe XP were threatened? i would quite happily defend to the death if the only thing at stake was my pride and the walk of shame and not the rare item i had just paid 20million for!!

Then maybe we could get their names and addresses from the server and send around some hairy arsed gay hells angels to tech them some deliverance!! i can hear banjo music :-)

scrap that we could just send around warpig :-)

well that's my bit for now

More opinions please as we seem to have a sensible discussion going instead of the usual kids screaming in the playground :-)

i hope we can all put our minds together to find a solution that keeps everyone playing this great game and thanks to creator and the rest of the crew for involving us in the further development of the game

Happy gaming all

P.S. Gandalf i know when your watching :-)
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

jimknight92 wrote:A pvp on/off option in the homepage settings would be nice. I enjoy pvp but not when I'm forced into it and waste my supplies because of a surprise attacker while i'm grinding maybe even addng a "pvp map" where you may offer items/gold up for stakes would be interesting for all players
WOW now that is a novel idea!!

rather than spawn parties we could have player fighting like cage fighting or cock fighting and people could bet on who would win

maybe a mod could reset both fighters stats before the bout and then have a 2 minute time limit and the player with the highest percentage of his starting XP would win (a fight to the death would be better but could take all day)

we could have a handicap system so that higher players kept some advantage but it was equalled out a bit then have a a league table of the greatest fighters with the most skill :-)

am i getting a bit carried away LOL

bye for now :-)
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

OK. its clear that some people want to defend unwanted attacks on weaker characters but personally I think its not a good thing. I understand Secular that some people don't want to see it go but at the end of the day you've got to ask yourself what's fair and what isn't......people join clans because they want the PvP experience, some people want pvp outside of clans and that's fair enough. but starting fights with people isn't nice...especially when people attack when you're weak with no health or mana and when they're stocked up on potions but you're not because you've used them all grinding.......and. of you beat them they just log before the kill so they don't lose xp....but some people don't want to log....they have a goal of getting a character to a certain level and want to stick to it.
I love this game but this element is like a thorn in my side.

In real life people get put in big buildings from which they can't escape and get hurt by much bigger and much stronger, nastier people for many years for committing crimes like assault and murder so I don't think a PvP request is too much to ask for.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

PS...I can almost hear the cries now.......oh...but this isn't real life...its just a game. etc. etc.
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

DavidIcke wrote: In real life people get put in big buildings from which they can't escape and get hurt by much bigger and much stronger, nastier people for many years for committing crimes like assault and murder so I don't think a PvP request is too much to ask for.
hi David

I agree with a lot of what you say but comparing gaming to real life morality may be stretching the point a little too far :-)

Have you tried this approach on the GTA5 forums :-)
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

LOL you knew it was coming
Secular

Post by Secular »

WEST HAM wrote:Hi Sec

it would be almost impossible do anything that is not open to abuse in 1 way or another, however i dont think the fact that you could disable pvp in the settings would make a difference and you would have already logged and saved yourself anyway

Very few people fight to the death without logging unless they are friends who agree to give the items back
I see the point the point you're making here WEST, and it's a viable one. Although, players who have spent thousands of dollars on this game, such as Lucifer (US-Army, DarkArrow, Shorty_Sx, etc) would become immensely upset with a change like this - seeing as they spent these thousands of dollars solely for PvP domination. If a 'setting' to disable/enable PvP ever came into existence here in FT (I actually do favor this idea over 'requesting' a battle), the option to change back and forth should have restrictions.

I think a good idea is a simple command instead, "/pvpon" or "/pvpoff" (if you're in a clan, /pvpoff will NOT make you immune unless you drop the clan) whereas if you turn PvP off/on, you cannot revert your decision back for a full 24-hour time period. This would entirely solve any major potential of abuse here and allow non-clanned players to decide if they wish to engage someone or avoid it altogether.
Fiora showed me how poor my PVP stats are when we fought to the red yesterday and she kicked my ass. she has 50 more dex than me!! i dont need 50 more dex as i have 50% more dex than the highest dex'd monster this is something i have experimented with and it seems to give me the edge in PVM
Dexterity plays a huge factor, primarily in PvP alone. The fact that you can have just a minimal amount of DEX over your opponent, and win the fight regardless if their STR is 100 points or greater, is something that also needs looked into and changed in the future. The chance-to-hit window is far too small, as Blitzcraig has mentioned in his posts before. Sorry if I'm rambling here.
If only the attacker could become an outlaw and not the defender? we all know that you no longer have the option of not defending yourself due to the new game mechanics (which i happen to like)
Agreed, the outlaw system is not working as it should - far too often have players retaliated against an attacker who struck them FIRST, only to get the unwanted strike on their account regardless, for being the victor. I discovered this the unfortunate way. (It was a bad week, to say the least)
Also if only the attackers items and maybe XP were threatened? i would quite happily defend to the death if the only thing at stake was my pride and the walk of shame and not the rare item i had just paid 20million for!!
I think if more items dropped, it would be much more fair. Some classes don't have to worry far as much as others, for example, the mage is only concerned about losing his hat whereas rangers/melee characters can lose their entire set-up, save their weapon. If the dark robe was removed from stores, and become an obtainable item in-game, more would be at stake - they would think twice before charging WEST's 7 accounts.
WEST HAM wrote:I agree with a lot of what you say but comparing gaming to real life morality may be stretching the point a little too far :-)

Have you tried this approach on the GTA5 forums :-)
Lol! :roll:
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

yes I agree with most if not all of that.........would make the game much better to play...
BTW. I've never played GTA online so I don't know how it is but I do feel like far too many games promote negative behaviour...GTA being high on the list. GTA is fun but when you die on GTA you start at the hospital having lost a few hundred dollars....hardly a week or more's work. also I think you lose your weapons in some instances but they're scattered over like confetti anyway.

I have my own reasons for not liking negativity even in gaming. I remember walking into a game shop to buy a non violent game and the only choices were viva pinata and thrill ville. oh. and sims

shocking....no wonder my dreams were nightmares (and felt as real and vivid with all the pain of real life)
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

LOL

ok i have had to break away from my long post in response to secular to respond to David ( i will try again tomorrow if i have stopped laughing by then )

I think Gandalf may have a rival for the title of "oldest person in FT" be it physical biological or mental age!!
DavidIcke wrote:
I have my own reasons for not liking negativity even in gaming. I remember walking into a game shop to buy a non violent game and the only choices were viva pinata and thrill ville. oh. and sims

shocking....no wonder my dreams were nightmares (and felt as real and vivid with all the pain of real life)
have you recently walked into an electronics store to buy a "Gramaphone"

your last comment made me think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDK3x5lAYI

sorry if that is a bit harsh but the beer is affecting my sense of humour