Make the game more popular

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mornarq

Re: Make the game more popular

Post by Mornarq »

I will :) I might also do a Tutorial series. (I have the means to record voice, video)

****************************************************************************************

Mornarq: Your friend, your Mod, at your service

1st in game Moderator and Lead/Main Game Moderator
Forum Moderator
Clan Leader (more info revealed when clans are added, wouldn’t want to get name stolen ;))
Level 1000, not hacks, for Mod work only, don’t worry :)
Mod Trainer and Recruiter
FT Community Representative (I read all suggestions, bugs, and send to Admin. I answer questions, etc.)
Admin informer and eyes and ears

Moderators: (Name – Specialties)
Mornarq – Lead/Main Game Mod – Covers Everything

Gandalf – PVP Abuse
White mage – Glitch Abuse
Havoc – Language Abuse
torff – Language Abuse
Light – Language Abuse

Mornarq = Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Steam, Origin, etc.

Mornarq = White Mage (my main... Mornarq is my online name)
Vornarq = Sword Man ("V" because my warriors used to be called "Vorn"… now its "Vornarq")
Nornarq = Dark Dwarf ("N" because based of the race "Nord" in the Elder Scrolls <3 who love axes) :)
Kornarq = Archer ("K" ... who isn't "Korny" once in a while) ;)
  • Player since 02/13 around release
  • Founder of Staff Team, Thank You for opportunity Compbatant
  • Retired Game Admin
  • Founder of famous [TLAW] Staff Clan
  • Founder of infamous [PIN] Vigilante Clan. Continue to protect weak from tyrannical strong
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

Admin wrote:
Light The Mage wrote:We could also create a youtube trailer for the game :)
Good idea :) Could you try doing this?
I could try but I have not uploaded a video in a while :)
~Smokey~

Post by ~Smokey~ »

another thing that might get new player is a friend codes...maybe make it to where new players put in a code of existing players an exesting players get some sort of bonus...it would maybe get players to contact people friends etc for the bonus an inturn gives you more players :))
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

Good idea Ryan!
SimonTmplr

Dissatisfied Player...and a lesson for the high level players

Post by SimonTmplr »

I encountered a lvl 14 (!!!) dwarf in the map tile I call "Upper Leftopia" who was asking about new quests. Every quest I suggested to him he said he had done. I could not believe that a lvl 14 dwarf could have completed all the quests on his own and said so. He admitted that he had had some help, to which I replied he must have had more than just "some." He deflected this by saying that he felt the developer should "hurry up" and code more quests and additional game content, to include new gear to buy at new stores. I was boggling over this and pointed out to him that it was just one person doing the work and that he was doing it for no pay (I don't know if the dev is making any money or not, but I was trying to make a point). I considered pointing out to him that even if there was additional content, he would just get some high level to walk him through the rough spots and not bother to rise to the challenge to overcome the game on his own merits and character development, but instead I suggested about half a dozen times that he come out here to the forum and join in the conversation...and perhaps even provide some help. I doubt he'll show up...he just kept saying that it sucked that there were no new quests and that the quests that had been developed couldn't be done more than once (hey, its a story-line...). He did ask if there was an ice axe and I said that I thought I recalled selling one (I'm a mage, what use do I have for one of those?). When he asked where it could be found, I started guessing that it might be in the ice elemental cave ("no," he said, "that was an ice club and ice crossbow") or in the blue cyclops cave. Since he didn't know where that was, I told him it was 1 map panel west of the red dragons. Then he floored me by saying he didn't know where the red dragons were... How does one complete the portal quest (which he had claimed to) without passing by the red dragons??? He then asked me, even though he could see I was in the middle of something, if I would take him to the blue cyclops cave. I thought, "what the f#$% is wrong with you???" but said, "Hey, you could go explore the map, that would be something new for you." He wasn't too thrilled with that suggestion. I pointed out to him that I had seen high level mages and swordsmen, but no high level dwarves, so maybe he could work on becoming the highest level dwarf in the game. He didn't respond to that. I also suggested that he start a new character, perhaps in a different class, and now that he knew where the quests were, he could develop that new character to the point that he could do the quests without any high level help. He only responded by saying, "but then what?" I said that the dev was working on fixing various issues and considering new content to add and by the time he finished getting that new character through the quests there might be new quests available. I could tell he had no intention of putting forth the effort to do this, though. He eventually wandered off grumbling. I was sooo tempted to ask him just how old he was -- mentally -- and whether or not he got everything handed to him on a silver platter in real life, too. But I restrained myself.

As I was having this conversation with him, a lesson to the whole story settled in on me: as high level characters we are often eager to help the new players in their struggle to overcome the challenges of the game, but are we really doing them any favors if we feed them gear and money and rush them through the quests before they could naturally survive them on their own? I think the answer to that is a resounding: absolutely not. We will have robbed them of the opportunity to develop their character on their own, or with other characters their own level, and explore and enjoy the mysteries of the world the developer has created. So, the next time some new player begs you for equipment and gold or help to complete a quest, ask yourself, "should this guy be able to complete this quest at their current level?" If the answer to that question is no, then you should have enough spine and intestinal fortitude to tell them that you can't help them. If we don't restrain ourselves from being overly nice, we will end up sharing the game with a bunch of players who breeze through it and quickly get bored because we made it too easy for them.

I don't know if the game's architecture will support it, but if it is possible it might be a good idea if areas and quests were set up so that you have to be a certain level before you can enter the area or trigger the quest from the NPC. It might also be nice to be able to do some quests more than once, but perhaps limited to only once per day.

Simon
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

SimonTmplr wrote:We will have robbed them of the opportunity to develop their character on their own, or with other characters their own level, and explore and enjoy the mysteries of the world the developer has created.
This!

---

Which calls for more balance! If as a player I have to grind orcs for 6 levels and then grind green cyclops for 5 more just so I can get all the medium-level quests done and still be unable to kill the red dragons, devil, or ice elementals, without grinding hard core for another 8 levels then this means I get bored. Yes there's tons to explore but once you've done all that and can't move on cause you can't kill higher level units, the game becomes more of a job than a joy.
SimonTmplr

Post by SimonTmplr »

napkinator wrote:
SimonTmplr wrote:We will have robbed them of the opportunity to develop their character on their own, or with other characters their own level, and explore and enjoy the mysteries of the world the developer has created.
This!

---

Which calls for more balance! If as a player I have to grind orcs for 6 levels and then grind green cyclops for 5 more just so I can get all the medium-level quests done and still be unable to kill the red dragons, devil, or ice elementals, without grinding hard core for another 8 levels then this means I get bored. Yes there's tons to explore but once you've done all that and can't move on cause you can't kill higher level units, the game becomes more of a job than a joy.
maybe because it is 4 o'clock in the morning, but I'm not entirely sure I know what you are saying here... :oops: Aside from the fact that grinding for XP can become a bore, that is...
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

I've told a couple of my team mates to atleast try it out. I also talked about it with one of my friends that plays Runescape. I'm going to post on FB soon. I just dont get on FB that often...dont really like it besides photos...
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

SimonTmplr wrote:maybe because it is 4 o'clock in the morning, but I'm not entirely sure I know what you are saying here... :oops: Aside from the fact that grinding for XP can become a bore, that is...
That's what I was saying :) Because grinding can make it a bore, low level players will look to high level players for help in doing quests or leveling. As a result:
And because of that, people won't tend to stay very long. It will be a case of I came, I saw, I got help, I conquered, I moved on.

Once all quests are done (assuming your character can do it alone or you have the time to put in) there really aren't many options. You can explore but once that's done, you can help others "finish" the game, but if that's not your fancy you can grind monsters to gain more levels, but if you get bored of that 24/7 you can just relax and wait for new content, but if it doesn't come it's a cycle of doom. Image
Gold mage

Post by Gold mage »

I know this scenario only to well and I agree totally on your opinion!
retired Game Admin In clan LAW
retired Forum moderator

Useful links:
- General game help, including a giant map and more.
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules