Make the game more popular

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ditto3000e

Re: Make the game more popular

Post by Ditto3000e »

napkinator wrote:it continues to elude the quality that so many other games out there have. It's an excellent work in progress but that's it.
I do enjoy playing this game, and i dont know about you guys, but this game is free to play as it is to leave. I personally enjoy training my account(s) and seeing different people. I also feel that some of these games can build character in people that are learned through engaging in communication. Image I've played Runescape for over 10 years in the past, and I've learned a heck of a lot about real life stuff as well as play a pretty nice game. Now it got out of hand with botting that I stopped playing because of it. I just hope things dont go south for FT as yes, it does have potential to grow...it's how it grows that's important.
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

and we dont get paid as mods -.- Just to clarify that...and if we do, I haven't received my paycheck lol
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

Ditto3000e [Game Mod] wrote:and we dont get paid as mods
That's exactly my point! You're expected to do an excellent job, be fair, and make consistent decisions that objective people could look at and say "yeah that was the right thing to do." All the while you also have to be courteous and stick to your decisions (not flip flop when challenged) and be an all around helpful and decent person (think of a good policeman).

It takes a lot of time, devotion, and work to do it right and you will never please 100% of the people. It's one of the hardest jobs ;)

Some games pay moderators but their pay is low for the amount of crap they deal with every day. As a result of low pay and high crap, those moderators don't have motivation to do a great job (unless they the type of people passionate about this kind of stuff, which is rare). It's a vicious cycle!

I could never work customer service again. Too many idiots in the world :D
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

napkinator wrote:
Ditto3000e [Game Mod] wrote:and we dont get paid as mods
That's exactly my point! You're expected to do an excellent job, be fair, and make consistent decisions that objective people could look at and say "yeah that was the right thing to do." All the while you also have to be courteous and stick to your decisions (not flip flop when challenged) and be an all around helpful and decent person (think of a good policeman).

It takes a lot of time, devotion, and work to do it right and you will never please 100% of the people. It's one of the hardest jobs ;)

Some games pay moderators but their pay is low for the amount of crap they deal with every day. As a result of low pay and high crap, those moderators don't have motivation to do a great job (unless they the type of people passionate about this kind of stuff, which is rare). It's a vicious cycle!

I could never work customer service again. Too many idiots in the world :D
very nice insight. Light has some experience in bigger gaming mod work. But, as for me, my priorities are: 1.) Forums (including emails), 2.) Mod Check, 3.) Game.

I don't play until I get this all done. I may get on and attack once and return to forums, but that's just to gain some exp while I'm busy helping everyone. If I didn't I might as well be lvl 0 :P
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

Ditto3000e [Game Mod] wrote:I don't play until I get this all done. I may get on and attack once and return to forums, but that's just to gain some exp while I'm busy helping everyone. If I didn't I might as well be lvl 0 :P
Believe it or not, that's the way it's supposed to be for a mod (work not play) :) I'd prefer it actually if all mod accounts were level 0. It would remove the thinking that mods have an advantage if they play the game (which they do) ;)
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

napkinator wrote:
Ditto3000e [Game Mod] wrote:I don't play until I get this all done. I may get on and attack once and return to forums, but that's just to gain some exp while I'm busy helping everyone. If I didn't I might as well be lvl 0 :P
Believe it or not, that's the way it's supposed to be for a mod (work not play) :) I'd prefer it actually if all mod accounts were level 0. It would remove the thinking that mods have an advantage if they play the game (which they do) ;)
but then maybe have 10000 defense to protect ourselves from monsters...
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

Level 0
Unable to be attacked.
Unable to attack.
Simply there just to mod :)
Maybe even look like an uncommon monster so people can identify you easily (Red Devil?) :twisted:
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

napkinator wrote:Level 0
Unable to be attacked.
Unable to attack.
Maybe even look like an uncommon monster so people can identify you easily (Red Devil?) :twisted:
i would prefer looking like fog :)
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

King Kebab the Real wrote:
napkinator wrote:Level 0
Unable to be attacked.
Unable to attack.
i would prefer looking like fog :)
Frog?
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

no, fog. just a small cloud that cant be attacked :D
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German