Make the game more popular

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Make the game more popular

Post by compbatant »

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the game more popular, how to gain more users? Maybe write info about game on some games/android forums? or maybe enhance description on play market or... just improve the game and the players will come automatically :D
Light The Mage

Re: Make the game more popular

Post by Light The Mage »

Social Networking sites, Ask people to 'Like' and 'Share' a post on Facebook and people to rate the game on Google play store
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

A bit more information on how to play the game for new players in the form of a tutorial quest maybe? A lot of new players ask how to do things all the time.

Is there anyway others can create quests or help with ideas for quests to assist you?

I think the limited number of quests sees mid level players stop because there is nothing left for them to do. Most of the friends I have made no longer play, and I think it might be due to a lack of quests.
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

True Havoc, Quest make things enjoyable. maybe quest you have to do before you go into an area with better items and monsters.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Good idea. Please write your quest ideas here: http://forgotten-tales.boardonly.com/t3 ... te-a-quest
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

For me as a player, balance is the most important. When you have an equal number of players that are choosing each character, I think that you have reached heaven as a developer! I'm sure you have stats and are able to see the % of players who are each class on your server.

For example, if you have 25% swordsman, 25% dark dwarf, 25% archer, and 25% white mage this is a very good start!

The other example that needs to follow is a similar % balance across levels. For example if you have 25%/25%/25%/25% but swordsman average level is 20 and dark dwarf average level is 25 and archer average level is 15 and average white mage level is 45 then you know that you need to increase stats for some characters and lower stats for others to improve balance more.

The hard part is increasing/lowering/improving stats and keeping the same balance of 25%/25%/25%/25%. Of course this is also an ideal scenario. For me personally, when I play a game I like to have as much of an opportunity to do something as the other characters. I want to be able to play the class I like and still be similar in power and growth as other characters. If other character has an advantage that is ok but my character must also have an advantage in something!

---

This is an excellent game! It needs more quests and better ways to level but the graphics are great and the world is huge! My opinion is that the #1 reason anyone who plays this game decides to stop playing is because they feel that the character they chose is limited compared to another character and they don't feel like redoing everything all over again and putting in so many hours again just to get that same advantage.

Another idea to increase your users would be to make a quest in the RPG version that when it's completed it advertises the MMORPG :)
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

napkinator wrote:For me as a player, balance is the most important. When you have an equal number of players that are choosing each character, I think that you have reached heaven as a developer! I'm sure you have stats and are able to see the % of players who are each class on your server.

For example, if you have 25% swordsman, 25% dark dwarf, 25% archer, and 25% white mage this is a very good start!

The other example that needs to follow is a similar % balance across levels. For example if you have 25%/25%/25%/25% but swordsman average level is 20 and dark dwarf average level is 25 and archer average level is 15 and average white mage level is 45 then you know that you need to increase stats for some characters and lower stats for others to improve balance more.

The hard part is increasing/lowering/improving stats and keeping the same balance of 25%/25%/25%/25%. Of course this is also an ideal scenario. For me personally, when I play a game I like to have as much of an opportunity to do something as the other characters. I want to be able to play the class I like and still be similar in power and growth as other characters. If other character has an advantage that is ok but my character must also have an advantage in something!

---

This is an excellent game! It needs more quests and better ways to level but the graphics are great and the world is huge! My opinion is that the #1 reason anyone who plays this game decides to stop playing is because they feel that the character they chose is limited compared to another character and they don't feel like redoing everything all over again and putting in so many hours again just to get that same advantage.

Another idea to increase your users would be to make a quest in the RPG version that when it's completed it advertises the MMORPG :)
I agree with everything said, Balancing Is a big part of the game
~Smokey~

Post by ~Smokey~ »

promotion is the main key to attract new people...offer in game rewards for your facebook page being shared and liked. maybe also have a more diverse choice of monsters to fight with low level. I personally found it a little difficult from level 5-10. monsters seemed to be too easy with little exp or too hard to kill. I like the quest idea but there would need to be more maps so quest wouldnt be piled on top of eachother. also maybe make a twitter or instagram page to draw people in. hmm maybe reward players who are playing with special weapon if they leave a review on google play description.

just my thoughts :)
great job and great game admin
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

We could also create a youtube trailer for the game :)
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Light The Mage wrote:We could also create a youtube trailer for the game :)
Good idea :) Could you try doing this?