issues with pvp

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leon105

issues with pvp

Post by Leon105 »

the other day i was reading up on pvp in the help section on forgotten tales and saw that during pvp mages lose 50 pecent on heal spell and attack spells... just wanted to know if their was anyway to change tht cuz i feel its a rip off of mana.
blitzcraig

Re: issues with pvp

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm actually trying to verify this right now myself... when that update came out, my understanding was that only the heal spell was cut in half during pvp... but like you said, the help file seems to say all spells... anyway, I'll share what I find here :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leon105

Post by Leon105 »

ok thanks and yeah plz do what u can. while i do the same :D
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Ok, I've got some info on this - both heal and attack spells are essentially cut in half during pvp (the damage is multiplied by a random number between 0.00 and 1.00 ... so on average, it's cut in half. At low levels, this makes it hard for mages like you pointed out.. I doubt it will change though, because at high levels mages are still the most powerful (even with this cut) .

I hope that answers your question :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leon105

Post by Leon105 »

ok thnks i think tht does answer my question. ;)
3RayJ3

Post by 3RayJ3 »

My issue with PvP is different. Maybe even belongs under suggestions. I like the 3 lvl rule, but I think once someone attacks, they should be open to attack from anyone. Maybe the attacked has a friend nearby, that under the current rules can't be of help. Such a simple revision would change the whole PvP while you are red, bash a solo player thing that happens now.
Tonto - Archer (lvl 100+)
Tauron

Post by Tauron »

Some players may use their friends help to attack other player.Maybe they want something to drop and much exp for themselves.
I have been chosen to greatness by the Dark Gods themselves.
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

3RayJ3 wrote:My issue with PvP is different. Maybe even belongs under suggestions. I like the 3 lvl rule, but I think once someone attacks, they should be open to attack from anyone. Maybe the attacked has a friend nearby, that under the current rules can't be of help. Such a simple revision would change the whole PvP while you are red, bash a solo player thing that happens now.
I actually love this, but the targeting bug has to be solved first
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
saab

Post by saab »

3RayJ3 wrote:My issue with PvP is different. Maybe even belongs under suggestions. I like the 3 lvl rule, but I think once someone attacks, they should be open to attack from anyone. Maybe the attacked has a friend nearby, that under the current rules can't be of help. Such a simple revision would change the whole PvP while you are red, bash a solo player thing that happens now.
It's great that you raise this idea independently, Ray, I totally support it! :) As I heard, now that a lot of new content is added, creator and admins are focussing on sorting out PvP issues. I also suggested this very same idea in another topic a few months ago. I'm going to bump that one up to find other supporters. It's probably the best time to push this issue.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Duncan Idaho - lvl 140 swordsman
Jethro Tull - lvl 130 archer
Hungarian translator
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Yes I agree in bumping, just not too much. Don't let the best ideas get buried and forgotten! Let the new players add, they may have something new, you never know ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711