2 is mod right for you
3 what are you intentions to be a mod
4 is mod what you will /did expect
5 any regrets.
"I fought the LAW and the, the LAW won"
blitzcraig

Re: Applying / being a mod

Post by blitzcraig »

Interesting thread here mike, I like it, and I'll go first :)

1> I loved this game right away... I like the idea of helping to keep it appealing to people around the world. By ensuring rules are followed and players are having fun. Additionally, I love game building (mechanics, maps, graphics, the mathematics of battles etc...) and want to know as much as possible about the game so I know how best to add to it.

2> I believe it is ;)

3> Basically same as answer to #1

4> some of what I expected, but not entirely... Mod work does take more of my game time than I thought it would. Another surprise was the friendships formed with the other mods/admins and some of the other players, I never really anticipated that :)

5> no regrets becoming a mod. I have made a few mistakes as a mod that I wish I hadn't made, but I'm not big on regret... I'll just try to make sure I don't make those mistakes again ;)

Hope this is what you were looking for :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Secular

Post by Secular »

Mike wrote:Few questions to those
1 why did/do u want to be a mod
2 is mod right for you
5 any regrets.
1). I wanted to become a moderator for the ability to help the community more so than I was able to as just a regular player of Forgotten Tales. To assist in conjuring new ideas for future content, to enforce the rules to ensure an enjoyable game for all, and to simply overall improve the game that I love - along with copious other reasons. Many simply seek the position for power-- If those are your goals, don't even bother applying, we aren't oblivious to (some) player's intentions & you'll be weeded out quickly. :)

2). I would say so, or else I would've never applied if I felt I wasn't.

3). To be a large factor in the community and to interact with everyone to develop a lasting relationship.
To remove the negative stigma that goes around about how we engage players, how we handle abusive issues & what we do, etc. I want people to see the true colors of the staff team. I want to give back to the community as much as they've given me.

4). Yes, it was pretty much exactly how I expected it to be. Seeing as this isn't the only game I've moderated before (as well as forum board) there were no surprises, just adjustments to be made.
It is something I honestly enjoy doing.

5). None at all, the only thing I regret is the action of others by dropping me as their friend altogether simply because I enforce the rules. :) (not really an issue now, but was when I was first recruited)

I'm also a huge PvP fanatic no matter what game it boils down to, so becoming a moderator, I have lost some of that ability - but then again, it was a conscious sacrifice that I was prepared for. Not a regret, only an adjustment. :D
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

1> as I grew to love the game so did my kids and I want to help make it cleaner for all ages.

2> at one time I did leave but that's when I figured out how badly I belong in mod and how truly people needed me as mod.

3>I intend to keep it clean for all age groups and help find glitches and bugs (mmm yummy bugs) :lol:

4>I didn't expect I'd make such life long friendships with the mods. I thought they treat me different because I was female but I was totally wrong and I'm glad!! it's a very strong and supportive collective I love the brainstorming the goes on in the group!

5>I don't have many regrets and if I did I don't try to focus on them. I do know that people treat me a lot differently as mod even when I'm playing on my aliases. we try our best to do our job but we're not perfect sometimes we make mistakes too. so if I do my job and punish you please don't take it out on my aliases. poor Kirk has learned how to do "Captain's Log" just too well ;)

very nice questions Mike I feel like I've been interviewed! :D
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

Blitz was first, hence the name. :lol:

Seeing these questions as a directive for others whether or whether not to apply for being a moderator, I will be happy to answer:
  • 1. Moderators are there to keep the game running. As a player, I used to look up to the moderators and to their good work.
    Getting quickly accustomed to the game, I was always helping new players, as I was helped when I entered FT as a newbie.
    Later on, I was inclined to help even more, and I estimated myself capable to that task. Thats why I applied for being a moderator, and was luckily selected after some time.
  • 2. To be a moderator is far from being easy. I saw that in training. But as I am used to challenging tasks, I decided that it was the right thing for me to do. Hopefully the majority of the FT player community agrees with me on that.
  • 3. See question 1
  • 4. Moderator job is much more time consuming than I thought. Sometimes I spend more time on the forum than in game.
    But I was overwhelmed with the kindness of the moderator community, who embraced MadMikael and me like old friends.
    This is really a great crew and I am hoping to be part of it for a long time.
  • 5. There is less time to grind on my alts. So it will take forever to explore the new maps as a normal player without dieing all the time. :lol:
    As i'm not really keen on PvP besides defending myself, the restrictions for moderators are nothing for me to regret.
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
vicbri

Post by vicbri »

1-»I wanted to become mod because i like to help and i thought i could help the comunity , at the moment there wasnt a Portugusese speaking mod on staff so i thought i could help the staff and the comunity.Wayted for some time and got lucky ,and they invited me to join the staff.

2-»Havent been mod for long , but i really like it and yes i think it is.

3-»Always do my best to help the comunity (thats the reason i applied ).

4-»I think it is a bit more demanding that wath i thought it would be.

5-»No i dont have any regrets , i dont have much time to play my accounts but i still think i made the right choice when i applied to become moderator.
Useful links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages spoken :English, Portuguese
(vicbri) -> swordsman
(vicbri 2) -> mage
(vicbri 3) -> archer
(vicbri 4) -> dwarf
(vicbri 5) -> ogre
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

Mike wrote:Few questions to those
2 is mod right for you
5 any regrets.
there were posts like 'do you like mod x' long time ago on forum what i dislike. because these questions are different, i am happy to answer.

1. i did not want to become mod and later admin actively. for mod, i was asked by creator. it came with my forum activity [which is an important part of mod work today too] and probably also, because i helped ppl ingame.

2. yes. when i played, i was testing, what is possible and how to build an optimal char. as player, i had the goal to reach lvl100 :D the next goal would have been lvl200, but i was already mod then.

3. i think, this game is unique on market and reminds me of the past, when i was a student and had plenty of time for similar pc games. today, i have not enough free time, to enjoy playing whenever i would like. so administrating is something i can do, to make it possible for others, to have this game experience. FT really is addictive :D

4. i was in the lucky position, to be a mod from the very start of this class. so, it developed with me too and i had influence on that :) so, yes!

5. never! even if i lost nearly all options to play myself, i am happy to work in a great team of volunteers for this nice community. [btw, this is a danger for our team: you need to grind, do the quests etc. to stay uptodate]
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Azok

Post by Azok »

Few questions to those:

1 Why did/do you want to be a mod? Because I love the game, and the players, and moderators. I also enjoy helping, and it's very interesting and a learning experience.

2 Is mod right for you? Yes of course. I have made a few mistakes in my time of moderatorship, but I can't say I haven't learned from them!

3 What are your intentions to be a mod? To better the game, and the players. To make it safe for everyone playing, and keep everyone having fun! Like it should be.

4 Is being a mod what you will /did expect? Yes and no, I honestly didn't know what to expect but things are different. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be, but I enjoy it.

5 Any regrets? No. With great power comes great responsibility, and if being mod means not being a player, I can make that sacrifice :D
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I have always tried to be helpful, on forum and in-game. I always tried to do the right thing. With so many little kids on, I did not appreciate language use, and I hated the spammers. It wasn't until friends suggested it to me that I seriously considered it, and my wife's support was the final push to apply.
2 is mod right for you
I like to think so. Its a lot more work than it seems, and it is very trying on your patience at times. I think that my honest nature does make me suited for the job. Anyone thinking of applying, be sure to know its a lot of work!
Really I just want everyone to have a good experience on the game and in the forum. Unfortunately, in anything in the world, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. By helping out the existing team, we can together make the game more enjoyable for all. For instance, if I can help keep watch, blitzcraig can focus more on new skins and maps... other mods can plan parties... you get the idea.
Actually, its a lot more complicated than it looks! I did walk into it ready to put forth a strong effort, and I believe I have risen to the challenge. But the group is a good group, willing to help each other out with advice, opinions, and friendship, even more so than I had originally thought.
5 any regrets.
Not really. I was never into pvp anyway. The only reason I joined clans was to be in contact with existing friends, and make new ones. The only thing that could be considered near regret is that I can't talk to them as easy as /c anymore.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711