Beginners guide to spawning monsters

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Beginners guide to spawning monsters

Post by MadMikael »

As a new player, you may be amazed to see a player pacing back and forth, creating a horde of monsters for the killing. This is known as spawning. My goal here is to try to explain the basics to those who don't know them. I am not an expert, but I will share what I know.

How to Find Spawn Points
As you walk across a map, keep an eye on your minimap. If you see red dots appear, you may have just stepped on a spawn point. This is easiest when there are no other players around.

If you think you just found a spawn point, take a step or two backwards, then go forwards again. If more enemies appear, then you have probably got one. You should be able to pace back and forth here to make enemies to your hearts content. Be careful you don't make more than you can handle ;)

Auto-Spawn
In most places where there is a spawn point, you can trigger a near endless supply of enemies. This is known as Auto Spawn. There are several ways to trigger it, but the simplest way is to pace back and forth at the spawn point, and stop directly on the spawn point. You may need to pace as the flow of enemies slows.

Blocking Spawn Points
Spawn points seem to have a front and a back. This is important to know in player groups. When one player is spawning, everyone should stay behind him. If someone stands too far forward (on the spawn point, or in front of the spawning player), the spawn will cease. This is known as blocking the spawn

At times, you may wish to do this if there is far too many spawn for the group to deal with. However, do it too much and you can anger other players.

Warnings About Spawn Abuse

Intentional blocking of spawns when players are trying to grind, to irritate or annoy others, is not acceptable. This is considered ruining the game experience for others. You may report this to a game moderator if its a problem. Offending players will be warned, and punished if they refuse to co-operate.

Over-spawning and/or swarming, with intent to kill others, may be considered ruining the game experience for others. If done, repeatedly, with little or no provocation, it is considered abuse and may be punishable by a game moderator.

There are times when it may be considered acceptable; usually these instances involve instigation from the other player. It all depends on context, and punishment is at the discretion of the moderator involved. To that end, I advise not doing it at all if you can help it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
joeylamcy

Re: Beginners guide to spawning monsters

Post by joeylamcy »

Nice post, Mikael

P.s. there are also some bunny/deer spawn points :lol:
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Thanks. I should have included there is a maximum number of monsters that can be spawned on any map. If the maximum is reached, you will not be able to spawn. Unfortunately sometimes monsters spawn in strange, far away places.

I should also have added something about auto spawns becoming "charged", and may continue spawning long after the player has left.

I will edit these in later I hope.

HAMMERBITE

Post by HAMMERBITE »

Also forgot doubble auto in thunder tower
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

MadMikael wrote:Blocking Spawn Points
Spawn points seem to have a front and a back. This is important to know in player groups. When one player is spawning, everyone should stay behind him. If someone stands too far forward (on the spawn point, or in front of the spawning player), the spawn will cease. This is known as blocking the spawn
Seems like pets can't block spawn ;)
Btw, why is this in "Off-Topic"? I think it should be in "General Information" or "Help Wanted" :)
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
Secular

Post by Secular »

Quite an informative post here, Mikael. Why is it not a sticky?
None else like it! I think all new players should take a read.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I was thinking we should collect all sorts of helpful guides for beginners together. Either in General Infos or its own category.

This could include the reference lists, such as unit list, item list, craft list etc, shop list etc.
Also helpful posts like Mike's suggestion on creating new clans, and this one.

kuruvar

Post by kuruvar »

Might be good to mention in this thread about "pet parking" while spawning. It is an issue for us lower level types.
Pro Player

Post by Pro Player »

kuruvar wrote:Might be good to mention in this thread about "pet parking" while spawning. It is an issue for us lower level types.
I agree, low lvls need to know so there pets arnt killed on accident :)
★H ᴇ L ʟ O☆
CRAZIES
Ghost Tank
Drakan
PM me for help :P
VampKnight

Post by VampKnight »

Hey Michal is there anyway to unregister an email