Clarification: what is "hacking" ?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Asmodeous

Re: Clarification: what is "hacking" ?

Post by Asmodeous »

Security is security. Just because my device then hooks up to the internet doesnt then mean my security somehow becomes bad. Take blackberry for example. Their banned in a few countries because between them, phonecalls cant be listened to without the right key. Even then just having a key doesnt mean its the right one. Same with emails to and from those devices.

When a cryptographer makes his algorithm. He doesnt stop at one key, although some do which is stupid. The best cryptographers are the ones who havent just only generated what will be used, but also has a dynamic mix up system in which that device or security software changes its keys regularly. Similar to the manual means that the military do with their radios.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

please continue your conversation... it is interesting and I don't mean to interrupt it ;) I do just want to point out to others reading that the original intent of this message was to give a little bit of very basic information to help people realize that when they give their password away, or set it as 123 or their character's name, they are wrong to say, "my account was hacked" when somebody steals it.. nothing more. Anyway, I do enjoy reading the rest of this, so please continue :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

I guess if you want more i could go into some of whats on my phone. Not directly related to this. But theres a useful apk called cryptonite. Free on google play, it allows you to mount truecrypt volumes onto android. Which is pretty useful to me.

Its using aes 256 which is what the US govt is considering standard encryption when they send/receive important pieces. Also considered right now as one of the top ciphers out there. Even though its broken faster than AES128 and AES192. Still happy using 256 though. Average person doesnt have the time to do it. Neither do 90% of your hackers out there. If you can aes128 and 192 is a safer bet, im just too lazy to decrypt my entire container and rencrypt it.

Aes256 has some pretty complicated attacks run on it, which had it broken a lot faster than 128 and 192 but thats partly because 256 has a pretty poor key schedule where as 128 and 192 dont.

PLEASE NO EXTERNAL LINKS.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

Asmodeaous please understand that security was not eternal, when a developper develop an anti-cheat the hacker develop a system for bypass it and they hackers wins all the time.

And I think you can't talking to me about this, you doesn't have capacity for this.

Thanks for understing,
Trusted.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

blitzcraig wrote:please continue your conversation... it is interesting and I don't mean to interrupt it ;) I do just want to point out to others reading that the original intent of this message was to give a little bit of very basic information to help people realize that when they give their password away, or set it as 123 or their character's name, they are wrong to say, "my account was hacked" when somebody steals it.. nothing more. Anyway, I do enjoy reading the rest of this, so please continue :)
Ok blitz :)
It's true, set 123 for password or share password and if a guy find the password, the account was not hacked but shared or the "hacker" had a very big luck.
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

If someone sets their password as 123 and someone guesses it. Its a guess. You could I guess call it "cracking" if you want to get technical. Since cracking a password via brute force really is a guessing attempt as i see it... only using every single possible combination.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

Asmodeous wrote:If someone sets their password as 123 and someone guesses it. Its a guess. You could I guess call it "cracking" if you want to get technical. Since cracking a password via brute force really is a guessing attempt as i see it... only using every single possible combination.
We can't use brute force on FT
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

You can use brute force on anything. Just depends on if its viable or not to do. I could in theory brute force any password i want. Even with lockouts after a certain amount tries. But then it stands to reason, will i brute force a long password using only an alienware laptop within my lifetime? Probably not.

Im not sure if you understand entirely what brute forcing something is. Its where you try every single combination of all letters, numbers and symbols. Therefore any and all combinations are tested. So yes, yes you could brute force FT. But thats utterly stupid because by the time you get the results you want using just a computer. Itl be a very very long time down the track. Give it a go, by the time your done ill probably have an S10 lol.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

Asmodeous wrote:You can use brute force on anything. Just depends on if its viable or not to do. I could in theory brute force any password i want. Even with lockouts after a certain amount tries. But then it stands to reason, will i brute force a long password using only an alienware laptop within my lifetime? Probably not.

Im not sure if you understand entirely what brute forcing something is. Its where you try every single combination of all letters, numbers and symbols. Therefore any and all combinations are tested. So yes, yes you could brute force FT. But thats utterly stupid because by the time you get the results you want using just a computer. Itl be a very very long time down the track. Give it a go, by the time your done ill probably have an S10 lol.
For use brute force we need a dictionnary and in android it's very hard to found one, it not impossible but we can't
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

That would then be a dictionary attack. Not a brute force attack. Brute forcing doesnt require a dictionary. Because its doing every single combination. Do you have any idea how big a brute force dictionary of every single character, including numbers and symbols would be? Lol.

Take a wps attack for example. Some people run a dictionary attack on wps since theres only 10k combinations. Others dont, because bruteforcing wps is exactly the same.

Outright insane. As a white hat you should know this... right?