i paid for these lvls or i earned them

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

patrapture

i paid for these lvls or i earned them

Post by patrapture »

y penalize anyone for stat reset? i mean i curious if i got the xp and/or i paid for y should one lose a lvl when thy want to reset, in my personal opinion there r many situations that causes on to reset, its a major bummer that its a penalty for having to change my stats from one area to the next. this slows ppls ability to lvl particularly favors the pvp argument as to its unfairness (meaning if i wanna kill mages i need diff stats than if i wanna kill or defend myself against archers), i wanna go cyclops but my dex is 250 when i really only need 76 so all str is lost cause. i paid my dues i merely asking if there is an explanation to what i deem unfair for players in game by being punished for tweaking ur stats.
Leone

Re: i paid for these lvls or i earned them

Post by Leone »

Yes - good point.

Perhaps one argument against stats resetting (without any penalty)is because then everyone would always use the option to suit different battles (you list a couple there yourself). To prevent this happening, a compromise might be to only be able to reset your stats - with no loss of level - once every X hours of gameplay or something?
ayc

Post by ayc »

This has been argued before,and ended up with this decision.
Before,1st stat reset was free,2nd reset was 100k.And no more reset for this acc,for other "special cases" mod was required to reset that quest,and lvl 100+ was required.
But some players added stats wrong,and really need more than 2 resets,so the staff team decided to make it repeatable,and made cost -1lvl/reset so it wont be abused.
If other mods have info to add,i'm sure they will :)
Alts:
DeathWish (dwarf)
Storm (archer)
Mysterious (mage)
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

I agree that it would be nice to have a free stat change maybe once a month but any more of a man that and I think it would be abused. reset stat used to have to be done manually by mod I really like the new system much easier for everyone ;) ;)
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Dr DOOM

Post by Dr DOOM »

I am like parkbones, meatdrapes & many others. Never did use the "free" stat change. Take that back dkd on first DOOM. But rest accs never did. Then one day it was removed from game & plyrs not used got left out on a critical experiment phase. ( cuz no one likes losin lvl) for pvm need dif stats tham pvp or taking on UNGODLY like castles.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

I understand parkbones reasoning because he doesnt do pvp.
but for pvp free stat changes would ruin it.
you would instantly know the type of stats of players if they and u are reasonably smart.
archer at cyclops:. ok.dex is 77 so lets make my dex 6 higher, rest str and kill him.
want to hunt mages: go all str. hey I see an enemy archer, go high dex.
so unlimited free resets wiuld be a bad idea.
maybe a free reset once a week.
I reset about once a week or 2weeks to keep anemies . off balance. I would love not to loose levels.
Secular

Post by Secular »

[DELETED; reposting elsewhere]
Last edited by Secular on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I personally think they current system is perfect for stat resets, but understand and appreciate why others disagree...

But more importantly, I really am mostly posting here to say how great it is to see your input on forum again Sec. ... it reminds me of old days ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

blitzcraig wrote:I personally think they current system is perfect for stat resets, but understand and appreciate why others disagree...

But more importantly, I really am mostly posting here to say how great it is to see your input on forum again Sec. ... it reminds me of old days ;)
IKR, lol I was thinking the exact same thing Blitz ^_^
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
HAMMERBITE

Post by HAMMERBITE »

Im a mage and my only statt xhangw was pure str for the lols, quit cryin and deal with it