Thoughts on 4.5.2

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Baba Yaga

Thoughts on 4.5.2

Post by Baba Yaga »

I tend to have strong, immediate reactions to change. I also tend to form opinions rather quickly. Yesterday, when I found out about the latest FT update, I was not happy. In fact, I was a bit irritated...

Then...as age, and wisdom has taught me, I waited. I waited to post my thoughts because I know I am prone to having strong reactions to things. Even when I haven't fully processed what I'm reacting to.

What this latest update brings, I think, is a total 'reboot' of what clan's are within the world of FT. For those who have invested time, effort, and person resources it seems like a bit of a slap in the face. I consider myself to be in that group.

I can also separate my emotion from the game and see that long term, the concept of clan might be improved through the changes have brought in this update.

Ever since the first Magix came back and when high lvl, Gandalf and the mods have been preaching teamwork and the concept of truly working together. Every time someone would complain about a high lvl doing something they didn't like (I can admit to doing this) the response always promoted the idea that one player shouldn't be stronger than a collective effort. I think the new update continues in this direction.

I think I understand why some of the changes were made. I don't know yet if I fully agree or disagree. But I do know that I need to fully think about the whole experience Compbatant is trying to deliver before I voice my opinion. The new update forces players to work together to build buildings and to really influence the game. I can admit that it might be a better idea to not let one player build a lvl 500 tower in 2 minutes (even though I have benefited from it in the past).

Some of this won't feel good to some players in the short term. I'm not saying it's perfect. Compbatant has acknowledged that there will be ongoing tweaks to this. If we all enjoy the game as much as I think we do, let's test this out and wait to provide some solid feedback vs. broad over reaction...
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
Asmodeous

Re: Thoughts on 4.5.2

Post by Asmodeous »

Over the last day (ish) putting up a castles been.... interesting. Three of our high lvls were there and plenty of our lower ones.

We had plenty of laughs at times and plenty of annoyances. We eventually found out a method to use that was optimal.

I learned something new. How to build. It came from a level 23 who'd been hammering away since the day before. A level 103 was cracking up laughing that our lvl 76 got popped and I was enjoying making "wood" jokes.

This was cool. This is exactly what a clan is about. Epic teamwork and a good time. About that lvl 23. It blatantly broke our 50+ rule but we all totally wanted him to stay. We all know I work 12hrs and in this space of time I play a good bit of ft. He was there nearly as long as my work shift.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
M4G3

Post by M4G3 »

Nice and wise advice and interesting share of your
Experience reflection!
★☞M4G3☜★☞Turtle☜★☞A X Y☜★☞Archy☜★☞Swordy☜★
.☞★244★★★lvl 106★★★lvl 150★★★lvl 168★★★lvl121★☜.
Trilix

Post by Trilix »

Changes always make players apprehensive, with strong opinion both ways. It true that no matter how "hard" the update affect the game, we will adapt and eventually find a way to "live" with the changes, and ultimately forget "how it was before". And, as said above, it eventually will change the concept of clan that was in place until now. Also time is needed to adjust the small flaws that may be created by a complete redraw of a major part of the game. All that said, most of the current changes are understandable, like "forcing" clan to work together, waiting for a level to be added (as in real life, things takes time to build), but to go from one extreme to the other in the sense of protection, that's hard for some of us that spend long hours working together to protect our camps and now seeing players walking around your buildings, destroying the farms and killing low levels inside the camp. The new concept of join forces to build is noble but to take the ability to defend yourself was very disheartened and was like a slap in the face for those who put so much effort, time and gold to keep clan camp as a sanctuary for members... As in real life (and I keep referring to it because I believe that the goal is to create a game as realistically as possible), you have the ability to defend yourself against "unwanted visitors" and that's now gone.... Most of us would like our towers/castles to have the auto attack back, at least for now....
Trilix - archer - (the first one)
Grindix - mage - (the good one)
magix - mage - (the bad one)
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Agreed on the auto attack. So far the 3 days of building this castle were making has been both good and bad. For instance. After theft from the clan the same guy decided to sit on a low level alt and generally act like a.... rear side of a donkey... To deal with this we've eliminated the ranking of marshal from our clan. Members and lords. Because one of our marshals got tricked into accepting this guy in.

Theft happens. It's apart of what an open storing facility brings. But having this same guy able to sit there by a castle on a low lvl alt and do what he did. Sorta a pain.

It's a clan building after all. Meant for that clan. If someone wants to go through that areach their either apart of your clan. Or need to try take out the building.

For reference were unsure who clanned this thief. But I'm giving you a name.

Samuel BR/Darkmonk. I feel bad for the marshal who clanned him. He didn't know.

By the way, whoever he joins next. He'l still be killed on sight. To his friends. I feel bad for you. A few of us are going to hunt you as well for Samuel BR/Darkmonks mistake. Group punishment.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

lol sam again.

one thing on.titles in clan.
I feel.we need a rank who can upgrade but not create or sell building.
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

More clan ranks would be awesome.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Combatant is working on a clan alliance system that wil restore balance to clans
Dr DOOM

Post by Dr DOOM »

So if your DOOM you're pretty much s.o.l.? Is this the alliance you speak of?
Baba Yaga

Post by Baba Yaga »

Dr DOOM wrote:So if your DOOM you're pretty much s.o.l.? Is this the alliance you speak of?

I'm not AHOU anymore but I got you bro...
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)