save ft's main attraction.

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

save ft's main attraction.

Post by rearrow »

I became an ft addict because of its helpfull,friendly players. Even the 'bad guys/galls' like doom or jony were helpfull and friendly to newbies and uclanned.
loopholes were reported and fixed. not many misused them.

but i the last months many newplayers started stealing accounts , borderhugging to kill buildings or players,clan to kill only and other forbidden actions.

Ad nothing seems to be done. there is no repercussion of breaking therules ir stealing accounts.
After many reports players are still not outlawed.
And outlaw isnt realy a punishment for most. more a little tap on the cheek.
, the only thing which seems to be enforced is cursing. u are muted quick.

Honestly, if it wasnt for my friends, i wouldt play anymore.

Compbatant,Admins ad mods, please save ft by impleenting real punisments to intetional attempts to steal and forbidden actions. Not outlaw.
Ucan use screenshots send to u , witness reports and the logs. most actiobs should be eident from logs if its been reported.

i would propose:
PROVEN THEFT OF CHAR - char given back to owner. Thief banned from game permanent.

BORDERKILLING, CLAN-KILL-UNCLAN and other clearly forbidden things : loose 1 level first time, more lvls if repeat offender.

only if offenders are realy punished they will stop.
like it is now it will only get worse. which would make may of ur ost loyal players stop ad turn ft into a playground for bored kids who like to vandalise things and irritate others. THAT WOULD BE TRULY A SAD END FOR THE GAME WITH THE BEST PLAYERS AROUND

thank u
please coment if u agree

Rene
Piffl / El Majo

Re: save ft's main attraction.

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

Hi, rearrow.

I want write a short reply about some of the issues that you comment:

About account stealers: we are working on this. Several accounts are already jailed. The main problem that we have is the huge amount de account trades and account sharing that we have on game. Its really hard to knows, the most of the times, who is the true owner of an account. Check logs is not always easy. But the staff is sending to the jail every stolen account and too the accounts of the people involved in some way on the account stealing. Its really not easy decide who is truth and who lie. Believe us, rearrow: the staff has and has had long discussions about it, always trying to be as fair as possible under the circumstances we work (lots of shared/traded acconts, people lying about stolen accounts, "forget" pw......really hard to decide who is true)

About border pvp abuse, compbatant is working on it. I think there is two options: rotating buttons when you are near a map border or a /target nameplayer command. But codify all can delay some time. Working too on a system to penalize players who abuse of clan/declan to take advantage in pvp.

About unfair players (blocking spawn, bridges, abusing of unclaned pvp, etc), please report it (a screenshot can be helpful). Again: it is not always easy to know all the circumstances, but in cases that require it, we will act. The staff always tries to first have a conversation with offenders. This often fixes the problem. The punishment is for cases where the player does not listen to reason. We want everyone to have fun in the game. Included players looking pvp (clans are perfect for them). We do not want the game to become a continuous "crime and punishment".

The game still under development. Too munch "opened fronts". But always going forward.
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
PiVoRuS

Post by PiVoRuS »

I'm agree that stolen acc will be given to the real owner...
My account:

{PiVoRuZ} ----> lvl 240+ [Archer]
{D-day_} -----> lvl 145+ [Dwarf]
Trilix

Post by Trilix »

Nice answer, majo.
It became very apparent that lately, with some exceptions, the whole game is been focused on clan war, specifically AD clan looking to destroy other clans, in particular, Link. Don't take me wrong, clan is the biggest chunk of FT, and it would be inevitable not to have wars going on. The sadness is the context of how it started and since then how it developed to what is now. How players from ALL clans, unclanned alts and unclanned independent players are using every possible way to damage the good flow of the game, by spamming sales and friends messages, border jumps, heal blocking, knife/axe stunning and other tactics not approved by the rules. And here I'm not saying that only one clan is doing it, but it now came to a point that it became out of control. No one can prevent players from lying about who started it, what was said (unless u have screenshots), but there is a lot of written abuse going on on chat, people calling names, saying unrelated abuse and offensive remarks to other players, etc. Also, the outlaw mechanics is not fair at all. A high level cannot start attacking a low level player, however if he/she attacks back to defend themselves, they become outlaws . in 2 years I play FT, I was never an outlaw [ by choice, I may add ] but in the last 5 days I was constantly attacked by low levels trying to 'impress' other players, that I decided to defend myself, and as consequence, I'm outlaw for the first time. Then you think, what is the point? You either take the abuse of low levels or get punished by defending yourself? There are loads of things needing adjustment, as we know, it's a game in progress, but fundamentally, the moral concept has become corrupt (as Rearrow points out), and that is very sad indeed........................
One thing that could work is a to make clan map a 'wild west' sort of thing. Enter at your own peril, no level protection, buildings shoot anyone not on that clan (as it was before), so if you want help a clan without being in the clan or if your intention is to disrupt or sabotage, you will risk being killed every time you enter the clan map. That would stop the main abuse going on, like spamming, blocking, interfering with fights, unfair outlaw status. Just a free for all zone. Then we would see who has guts and who 'hides' behind the level protection protection.
One other detail to add, in regards to stolen accounts. Easy to resolve. Game only accepts passwords with minimum 8 chars/digits. And when u set account, u have security question, so if account is stolen, real owner can give right answer to recover account.
Trilix - archer - (the first one)
Grindix - mage - (the good one)
magix - mage - (the bad one)
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

About pvp abuse (trying to force outlaw) and continuous clan/declan, i think compbatant is working on some changes to prevent this abuses. I agree, clans are a nice feature of the game, but not ALL the game.
Agreed with "wild" clan maps. And with more strict pvp rules (included clan pvp) on the rest of the maps.

He is working too on a safe changepass system, from the login game screen, not from game chat. And I hope some way to recover your account if you was the account creator (fingers crossed) ;)
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

thanks for ur replies.
I also spoke to cleo in game and she also told me that over 15 people where permanently jailed because of stealing. i understand that it often not clear , but im glad that i the cases it was this action was taken.
I didnt know and maybe some would be thiefs will bedetered if its wider known. I myself would support a system where in case of dispute the char is returned to its original creator. but i never traded or wanted to trade. it would however be only possible for new chars since many honest trades have been done before it was forbidden.

As for other punishments , i didnt mean those specific current things like borderghugging etc
specificly.
with every update there will be new loopholes to exploit, especially since its a game in progress and compbatant is only one person. exploiting this is ok in my book but if they have been found and decided to be illegal, continuin...g to do these things should be punished. and outlaw is not a real punishment. the people iv seen outlawed continue their behaviour afterwards. for continued misuse deducting lvls would be a deterrent for most, but still allow them to recover from it. and often its exactly what they are doing. using illegal tactics they kill and the one who dies looses xp. often a lot. if u get kiled repeatedly u easily loose sevwral levels of xp. and those qho employ these tactics do not do this only once.

One thing which would be needed is a list of whats illegal in the help or even better in a separate menu choice. if the mods/admin team decides something to be illegal this should be updated.
trillix mentioned some tactic as illegal which i do not employ because i find them unfair but which i dont consider to be illegal (although id be happy if they were). so even between us two there is unclarity of what is illegal and what is just a tactic some people find unfair.

A last idea is to periodicaly post some numbers about actions taken against illegal things, so we know something is being done. again it might work at a deterent.
someting like.
last month 4 were perm jailed for stealing, 15 had a lvl reduced fir illegal borderhugging and killing, 18 were muted fir swearing,
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

we already work on this:

changepass is moved to the app menu. if you create a pw, you can enable a security question. this, you can only change, if you type the correct answer to the question. when you want to change a pw, you also need this question. so, if you give away your char, you can have it always back. trading/stealing is now much harder.

i want to emphasize el majos post: via internet, you NEVER know, who is who. example:

player A trades char 1 fair with char 2 of player B. now B owns 1 and A owns 2.
both changepass. now, A contacts mods. "account stealing!!! i know the last pw, it was 123" (correct pw of 1 before change of B),

if we would return the char, we would steal from B ;) or, easy alteration... A did not own char 1, but knew the pw. it is the char of C. and now? if C contacts us? if we return char, we do the right thing. who knows, who is who in a real case... easily to make it more complicated.

that is why we decided to JAIL PERM chars, which are involved in stories, as this above one. it seems the fairest. if you formerly know a chars pw, you can ask to jail it. we do that in most cases.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
KOREA

Post by KOREA »

Nice idea with /changepass, Gandalf.
Language spoken: English, Polish, Persian.