Mods are now allowed to help a clan

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Asmodeous

Re: Mods are now allowed to help a clan

Post by Asmodeous »

blitzcraig wrote:they did get some free walls, but so did at least 5 other clans (surely more from other GMs) because of resizing issues. theirs was an especially difficult fix because of their unusual original set up (using interior walls to block new buildings rather than exterior wall to seal out invaders) but they shouldn't be punished for that... unfortunately I don't think there was a better solution than what was done there...

at any rate, I appreciate that while your disagree with the decision, you're willing to believe that we are trying to be fair, rather than complaining about mod abuse ;)

a simpler option for us would be to never do anything on clan maps... that's the only way we could be 100% fair, but I truly believe that players would quickly regret that stance after something came up, know what I mean?
Other clans probably did get a few free walls. But theres a huge key difference between other clans set ups and this clans set up.

For as long as most can remember about this clan. They never had a fortress set up. Towers were in random spots as they built. Sure early on they had a small fortress but they themselves forsake that when they started building incredibly weirdly positioned towers with useless walls that did nothing.

No one can say they even tried to seal themselves in. A wall to keep people out. And walls spaced 1 space apart intentionally. Along with a mass of towers in weird positions. Along with total lack of effort to create seals for their base... is not an intention to make a fortress.

We know you try to do the right thing. Unfortunately you get all the messes it seems lol. And to be honest i can see how the player base feels screwed. Since not only did they purposely overbuild (Anyones welcome to state they didnt. I talked to one member. He knew what he was doing). Then get it compacted. Then get their mess of a base theu created like that on purpose, moved by claiming their affected by the update when they simply werent.

Again i know you do a lot of good. But in this scenario. This good faith was heavily abused.

While staying 100% out of clan warfare would be both good and bad. Itd do more harm than good. Its why needing to be 110% certain before getting involved would be great.

Look at the history of intervening and complaints. Along with descisions reversed or compromised on.

This is one of those scenarios. But this one has to be the most well played on their behalf. While I applaud the effort and timely talks on their behalf. Im also disgusted that they decided to go along with this.

Its not the staffs fault. But how they now react to this aswell is going to show a lot to the player base on whats acceptable. What isnt. And the faith they will now have/not have.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

what I am saying and many of us are saying is that they did not have internal blocking walls originally. they build theur 15 tower city and still there was room for other towers.
they onky build these internal walls after the repositioning if castles resulting from them breaking the building limit. they did that because their original strategy did not work.

even that did not work since we would go in with a team of mages and support staff and kill a tower and wall. only a week before the update we killed one and a day before attacked towers deep inside their compound.But with a wall around there that is not possible anymore since they were smart enough to get the real high lvl towers at the edges. which is why we attacked inside.

as i said u had a hard decision to make, caused by sloppy work of creator.

basicly u had to decide which of 2 options is fairer:

- them ending up with the problem that others might build inside their base. (but they still had massively high towers to shoot these down, and they build theirbase like that knowingly)

- other clans ending up with the problem that they no longer could use the stupid layout of rash city by going in and kill its members or towers.

in the light if earlier situation with building limit and their unwillingness to compromise at that time, ending up with a much better situation after knowingky breaking rules, i would have expected that this time the decision would go the other way.

its not like the war between rash/godz and raw,dr,trio,trek is a secret.

all these things have been said before. if you did not realise/suspect that this wall would cause such an uproar I can only blame it on extreme tiredness.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Yes we did not have walls when we start building. That is true. Later when we tried to build walls, we could not, cause of the size of buildings/tree etc. They won't let us place any. As a result we got many gaps which we could not fill. True, it is! But those gaps were not as large as those which were generated due to the new update. Many clans were affected, GMs helped every. No whining in other cases! :o

As the builds gone slimmer, we were eventually able to place walls along towers since every unit size got reduced: walls, trees, tower etc. Before the update, players could not enter our compound moving close to a building, tree but with new update, everyone could move along the tower, even hide behind a castle or tower, climb on a tree, dance over the rock!

This was not our fault. The update was responsible for it, kinda bug, which was debugged. SO?

About the towers: The towers were placed to cover the stone. They were not placed in a haphazard manner. We could easily mine from within clan compound, staying in a safe range , but the update brought the twin towers close to the giant piece of rock. We were unable to access the stones from within, so help was asked (as all clans asked) and we were helped (as all clans were helped)

Have a nice day

The End
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Thats a poor response.

Lets pick it apart. Your right. You didnt have walls when you started building. No one actually had walls at that time and rash only had one castle.

That castle was removed. Rash started building to the left. Buildings originally were placed out ok. With proper interlinking walls. Later things went pretty badly. A tower destroyed here a tower destroyed there.

War ensued and so did a mass building attempt where many many towers were built in odd spots. You cant say that was a planned effort to make a sealed base when there were clear spots like this.. e.g

W_W__WW

W being a wall and the underscore being a blatent space. Now this was apparent all through your overbuilt base. I remember, i was walking through it. Later when buildings were removed and absorbed into others, that was your chance to actually put it all into a fortress of sorts. Out of existing buildings.

You couldve done that quite easily. You didnt. Instead it was still random broken walling in which everywhere but a castle was strollable.. due to this "unique" layout of buildings and blocks of wall. The difference between the other clans layouts and yours. Was that their actually kept people out. I did a lot of weakspot probing for them. With the update that screwed them.

It didnt screw rash because rash's base was full of holes to begin with. Not just minor ones and not ones that opened up due to the bug. But holes that were so big you could probably fit two siege engines side by sie blatently in these.

So yeah. Actually it is your fault for either you or letting your members build like that. Especially tapok.

They may have not been place haphazardly. But they were never placed efficiently. That again is your fault. No update or bug can be responsible for slightly bad planning.

Have a nice day.

The end.

Lol.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Eclipse wrote:Yes we did not have walls when we start building. That is true. Later when we tried to build walls, we could not, cause of the size of buildings/tree etc. They won't let us place any. As a result we got many gaps which we could not fill. True, it is! But those gaps were not as large as those which were generated due to the new update. Many clans were affected, GMs helped every. No whining in other cases! :o

yes true . you planned your city wrong only found out later that you could not build walls. so did we several times. sold tiwers and walls and started anew.
you admit you had gaps. not big ones but gaps which you could not close. so people could come in.

As the builds gone slimmer, we were eventually able to place walls along towers since every unit size got reduced: walls, trees, tower etc.

here you are saying that the slimmer buildings did in fact help you. you were lucky. it damaged mo
st who had walls surrounding their city. u profited from the update, which is fair and ur luck. so you did nit need mod help. you were already helped.

Before the update, players could not enter our compound moving close to a building, tree but with new update, everyone could move along the tower, even hide behind a castle or tower, climb on a tree, dance over the rock!

inconsistent with first part of your answer where you said there were gaps.

This was not our fault. The update was responsible for it, kinda bug, which was debugged. SO?

not a debug but achange in situation and power. not debugging which only silves a problem not creates a dufferent situation.

and not your fault. creators fault in releasing another bug ridden update which hasnt been tested properly or willingly released with bugs in it.

About the towers: The towers were placed to cover the stone. They were not placed in a haphazard manner. We could easily mine from within clan compound, staying in a safe range , but the update brought the twin towers close to the giant piece of rock. We were unable to access the stones from within, so help was asked (as all clans asked) and we were helped (as all clans were helped)

befire we could easily shoot the miners.the towers could not hit us if we stood left of the stone.that has changed.

Have a nice day

The End
Tnickel

Post by Tnickel »

Back and forth.. And again. We all get the point rash had a poor base before update, now its improved quite a lot. Dr, raw, trio, and lgnd took lots, countless hours to build the perfect base. The way I see it is two options, we roll sever back just after update with all the gaps and mods stay outof it letclans defend themselves. Option 2 we will agree it's wrong in every aspect but what is done is done and accept this new challenage and destroy rash's new found base.. I like option 2 but hey option 1 be ok. A.K.A The True Death (clan) Grim

The End!
Be Happy, Safe Gaming look to see y'all on battlefield!
Twisted Nickel AKA Death Cl0wn
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

For that clan warfare needs to change. A whole different topic again. Or 30 odd people with 2 sieges each and some high level players.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Asmodeous wrote:War ensued and so did a mass building attempt where many many towers were built in odd spots. You cant say that was a planned effort to make a sealed base when there were clear spots like this.. e.g

W_W__WW

W being a wall and the underscore being a blatent space. Now this was apparent all through your overbuilt base. I remember, i was walking through it. Later when buildings were removed and absorbed into others, that was your chance to actually put it all into a fortress of sorts. Out of existing buildings.
Hi, yes you are right. What I am saying is....the blatant space got doubled with the update. :) Yay,

It was something like that;

Before update:

W_W__WW

After update:

W___W____WW

That blatant space we used to fill with walls. A blessing ;) but not for our towers. :cry:

Towers before update: were like this (T for tower: R for rock)

T

R

T

After update they shrunk like this:

T
R
T

Hope you understand. Thank you very much

Regards

E
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Tnickel wrote:Back and forth.. And again. We all get the point rash had a poor base before update, now its improved quite a lot. Dr, raw, trio, and lgnd took lots, countless hours to build the perfect base. The way I see it is two options, we roll sever back just after update with all the gaps and mods stay outof it letclans defend themselves. Option 2 we will agree it's wrong in every aspect but what is done is done and accept this new challenage and destroy rash's new found base.. I like option 2 but hey option 1 be ok. A.K.A The True Death (clan) Grim

The End!
Be Happy, Safe Gaming look to see y'all on battlefield!
the problem here is that this is not the first time these things are happening. we did option 2 several times already .
now a bigger uodate is looming.

many of us hve lost all trust in the creator regarding doing it better the next time since the problems are increasing and not getting smaller. and he spends his time on walking npcs.

Never once has creator replied to these concerns about quality control and bugs in updates. only on specific bugs .
he leaves that to admins but they are often as much in the dark as us players. and thwy are volunteers. he is the one responsible and he is earning the money.
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Yeah we all already knew that. The point being is that there were plenty of gaps without the need to blame rocks trees or clans pet dog. This update wasnt the defining point in the making or breaking of any seal rash had. Because rash didnt have any real seal to begin with. It was just convenient. The fact you've just posted this further solidifies my point.

This update was used to create a fortress you otherwise couldnt have had with your current building scheme and only ever had in the very very early days before the rash war.

So thank you for that.

Its not that you suffered from the update because gaps were created. The gaps were already there. In plentiful amounts. Its now that their maybe one space bigger. The nost damage possible this couldve done would be an extra player standing there.

So to close this post of mine off. This update was used to gain benifits that otherwise werent possible with original intentions or original layouts of buildings. But now achieved using this update at the mod/staffs willingness to move buildings after being told there were problems (Which existed long before this)