Septembre 'balance' update

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Septembre 'balance' update

Post by rearrow »

With the recent controversy resulting from a minor update of smaller towers, I think it only fair if some details of the coming ‘balancing update’ in September are released.
This update will surely change many aspects of the game and some will like it and some will not.
Releasing some more details will help players to decide if they are willing to spend more time and money on ft during the wait.
Underneath I will mention the biggest unbalancing factors in ft at the moment.
For each I would like to know if a fix is included in the coming update. no real details necessary but a general outline of solution would be great.

1) UNBALANCED CLASSES IN PVP
After update do all classes have approximately the same chance to win in a one on one fight against another class of the same lvl? At all lvls?
Specifically is the problem of high lvl mages being able to kill other classes with tw=ice as high lvl solved? This includes their high dmg per second at high lvls and their attack speed which is many times higher than other classes. also includes use of slow skill.
Are skills made useless or less useful by previous updates (freeze) replaced by others.
Is melee problem of unable to hit others if they move fixed? (glue on targeting).
Can archer finally choose his target instead of keeping shooting random or lowest hp monsters when attacked

2) UNBALANCED CLASSES IN PVM
Do all classes now get multi target attacks and approximate same dmg at similar lvls so farming is not more profitable for one class then for others?

3) UNBALANCE IN TOWERS/CASTLE ATTACKS
At the moment only mages can kill towers because of their high dmg and heal.
After the update it should be one of the following:
-no one can kill towers with alt. you need a stronger siege or something.
-all can kill towers. ie high dmg and some type of heal for all classes.

4) IMBALANCE BECAUSE OF LVL BUYING
Any effort or time spend on building or grinding is made instantly useless if another person can log, buy 1000+ lvls and kill u the next minute. You may build 4 months 8 hrs a day. then some enemy gets tax back, buys 2000 lvls and instantly destroys your 4 months work.
ANY EFFORT BY GM OR CREATOR TO BALANCE GAME IS ALSO DESTROYED BY THIS FACT.
Already several high lvls are planning to buy 1k to 2k new lvs , making the imbalance bigger.
I can see several solutions here:
a) upper limit at lvl. You cant get higher then lvl xxxx, say 4000. (im sure isoril would actually agree to be reduced in lvl if this was done).
b) max lvl purchased per month. for instance only 100-200 lvls max bought per month. this lets grinders at least keep up for 50% if they spend a lot of time grinding.
c) limit effect of lvls in pvp and tower destroying.
For instance a lv 2000 can only attack lv 1500 or higher. not someone 1000 lvls lower.
or dmg is maximized at a certain percentage of players hp, like firearrows %.
there are surely other solutions as well.

5) IMBALANCE BECAUSE OF GM
First im going to state that what i say here describes thing which Im sure are unintentional on GMs part. But they are a fact which imbalances ft by favoring and encouraging players who break the rules. They promote bullying and ignoring or laughing at gm.

There are many rules but they are not enforced. If you don’t enforce them, allow it.
Examples:
In other games trading or even offering accounts is instant block of account. Here its allowed in practice and not acted upon.
Items are still offered for lvls and blackmail for lvls is still going on. Unless gm wants to check logs on a daily basis, the only way to stop it is making lvl buying needing the password. if you want to give somenone else lvls, get their bank account or their password.
People are jailed by one mod and then released by another mod.
Problems and bugs created by updates are exploited by some. GM does not always rectify the resulting advantages.
Some are allowed to interfere with GM helping other clans. Killing a player working with an admin to rectify bugs and preventing him to come back was not punished because there ‘was no warning first’. Either punish (JAIL) or make clan non pvp when admin/mod rectifying problems.
GM does not seem to understand how fixes repairing problems affect clan balance.
Mods and admins should spend some time in clans. preferably warring ones, just to see how this works. Im sure both raw and rash or godz would be willing to have a gm account in them which gm could use regularly for this.

6) UNBALANCES BECAUSE OF TIME ZONES
Hard to fix but parties and resulting rare drops favor certain time zones. An effort should be made to have parties at different time. a schedule could be made/planned.
7) UNBALANCE BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL ISSUES
If you have a bad or lower speed connection u loose if u play a mage.
If you have bad/slow connection or slower device you get worse lag. Other high end graphical mmorpgs dont have this problem. even 3 D ones are smoother.
If you have a small screen you can only target a player if he is close and already in attack range. If you have a large tablet or play on pc you can target a player when he is at other end of the map. a mage can run in and kill without the other even seeing him. targeting should only be possible in attack range in my opinion.
More may follow. I got to work too
Gandalf
Site Admin

Re: Septembre 'balance' update

Post by Gandalf »

After update do all classes have approximately the same chance to win in a one on one fight against another class of the same lvl? At all lvls?
the goal is, that at same level, classes share same chances, yes. that must be the end of the road.
Specifically is the problem of high lvl mages being able to kill other classes with tw=ice as high lvl solved? This includes their high dmg per second at high lvls and their attack speed which is many times higher than other classes. also includes use of slow skill.
yes, that is a big issue and it will get solved. best is to boost the other classes with better skills, faster skill reg or details like "freeze arrow freezes with every successful hit again, if opponent is not freezed yet" etc.
Are skills made useless or less useful by previous updates (freeze) replaced by others.
skills have to become better to balance vs. the mages.
Is melee problem of unable to hit others if they move fixed? (glue on targeting).
i cannot answer this, because its a huge coding issue. but there might be workarounds in current coding. would be nice.
Can archer finally choose his target instead of keeping shooting random or lowest hp monsters when attacked
yes, it is very needed.
Do all classes now get multi target attacks and approximate same dmg at similar lvls so farming is not more profitable for one class then for others?
as with pvp, pvm has to be fair, too. so it should be even. but you can also think about the idea, that there is a class like dwarf, who is doing great with pvm but is not that good in pvp.
At the moment only mages can kill towers because of their high dmg and heal.
that is correct: no one can kill towers with alt. you need a stronger siege or something.
Any effort or time spend on building or grinding is made instantly useless if another person can log, buy 1000+ lvls and kill u the next minute. You may build 4 months 8 hrs a day. then some enemy gets tax back, buys 2000 lvls and instantly destroys your 4 months work.
ANY EFFORT BY GM OR CREATOR TO BALANCE GAME IS ALSO DESTROYED BY THIS FACT.
Already several high lvls are planning to buy 1k to 2k new lvs , making the imbalance bigger.
this is also on the list. but many options, so i cannot say what the solution will be atm.
There are many rules but they are not enforced. If you don’t enforce them, allow it.
if you cannot enforce a rule, you have to cancel it. 100% agreed. we will also discuss team for sure. i have some ideas there. these would also solve the other issues like "gms should play in clans" etc., same with time zones.
People are jailed by one mod and then released by another mod.
yes, but we talk in between ;)
If you have a bad or lower speed connection u loose if u play a mage.
hard to fix. same with lag. but maybe, there is a solution, too. not sure.

for sure, targeting should only be possible in a certain range to avoid, that the "big sized devices" are mich better. they will always be better but they should not give you these advantages.

thx for your time, rearrow.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Good points all around. A suggestion. Are we able to merge all this into a different subforum? Because all the posts are everywhere atm. It would help to keep a track of it all.
Insider

Post by Insider »

Asmodeous wrote:Good points all around. A suggestion. Are we able to merge all this into a different subforum? Because all the posts are everywhere atm. It would help to keep a track of it all.
New subforum "August suggestions festival" :P
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Or. "Players concerns regarding balance" idk.
StickyKse

Post by StickyKse »

At gandalfs reply talking of balancing vs mages...

This is a very tricky issue, because you can't just make dmg equal...

People choose mages knowing they are going to have low life, and a horrible time trying to tank in pvm or pvp, but are rewarded with being able to deal the most dmg.

If you make all classes do the same or higher dmg than mage then all of a sudden mage is worse char all around. Which will only infuriate ALOT of players (how many more people do you want to quite this game) imo it's already starting to look a little bit empty lol
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

The mage will always retain their ability to heal. With the numbers given and tested youd see change. Favorable change.
Gesus

Post by Gesus »

Insider wrote:
Asmodeous wrote:Good points all around. A suggestion. Are we able to merge all this into a different subforum? Because all the posts are everywhere atm. It would help to keep a track of it all.

IDK ABOUT YOU INSIDERS BUT A FESTIVAL IS FUN AND PEOPLE ENJOY THEM...

NOW TELL ME HOW YOU THINK THIS IS FUN. SO PUT YOUR SMILEY FACE DOWN AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER. BUT I GUESS YOU CAN'T SEE THAT.
Knight-2037

FT NEEDS A TOUGH VOICE. IM HAPPY TO BE THAT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING THAT

JUST BECAUSE I ROAR DOSENT ALWAYS MEAN I'M MAD. SOMETIME I JUST WANT TO BE HEARD

WE PAY WE SAY!!!
Insider

Post by Insider »

Gesus wrote:
Insider wrote:

IDK ABOUT YOU INSIDERS BUT A FESTIVAL IS FUN AND PEOPLE ENJOY THEM...

NOW TELL ME HOW YOU THINK THIS IS FUN. SO PUT YOUR SMILEY FACE DOWN AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER. BUT I GUESS YOU CAN'T SEE THAT.
I mean that taking part in development is always funny, at least its much funnier than crying and sitting on "Shift" button ;)
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Its not so much a joke for us. Because updates can change the very nature of gameplay. For better or for worse. Now Im unsure if its an attempt to put a bit of humor in here or if you just find this all hilarious. Because if its the latter, people will probably find that insulting.