Another Interview

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Another Interview

Post by MadMikael »

Once upon a time in the land of Forgotten Tales, the players were upset over lack of new content and not being included in the "what's going on behind the scenes"... one active player took it upon himself to write down many complaints, and constructively create questions for the team out of them. For reference, that interview is here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3698

Since that time, the game has improved in amazing new ways. From revolutionary diagonal walking, to a plethora of new quests; new items and balancing, and a dozen new maps and monsters. But where is FT going next?

I think that time is upon us again, when the players would like to have some questions answered. So, I call out to you, the voices of Forgotten Tales, to post your questions. Please, if you take the time to be polite and thoughtful, I guarantee you will get the same in return. After some time, these questions will be compiled together, and the answers will be posted for all to see.

We all want to see this great game grow, and we all want to be a part of it. Please, post your questions below. Questions can be about the game and its development, the staff team, or even Compbatant himself. Serious questions only, please.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
StickyKse

Re: Another Interview

Post by StickyKse »

At that topic you linked....there are lies in it unfortunately.

The "lag is your own fault" bs is literally BS. I've tested during times of lag on 3 different connections via 4 devices with no change.

And the hiring a programer is BS as well. I've offered multiple times personally to comp to work on drop generator engine, servers, ect. Since I am skilled in programing, servers, custom modding, scripting, ect. And if you doubt me, if you have played diabo 2 online in the last 5 years, trust me, youve seen my scripting work, as well as mods and other custom visual add on programs for a few different games.

I'm also fluent in english, spanish, and (we'll little rusty) Deutch.

All of which offered at free help and denied. So plans of expanding programing besides Comp doing it all is BS as well.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

StickyKse wrote:At that topic you linked....there are lies in it unfortunately.

The "lag is your own fault" bs is literally BS. I've tested during times of lag on 3 different connections via 4 devices with no change.

And the hiring a programer is BS as well. I've offered multiple times personally to comp to work on drop generator engine, servers, ect. Since I am skilled in programing, servers, custom modding, scripting, ect. And if you doubt me, if you have played diabo 2 online in the last 5 years, trust me, youve seen my scripting work, as well as mods and other custom visual add on programs for a few different games.

I'm also fluent in english, spanish, and (we'll little rusty) Deutch.

All of which offered at free help and denied. So plans of expanding programing besides Comp doing it all is BS as well.
I asked for questions, and this is what I get from your comment:
About lag: it depends on where in the world you are. Keep in mind if you're in North America, and you have a stellar connection, doesn't mean you have a stellar connection overseas.. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Many players in Europe have no lag, but many do... so, how do you explain this? At times, in Canada, I have no lag whatsoever, yet sometimes, I suffer badly; and others in game have no lag. Connection at my end is always good, so it must be somewhere down the pipeline.

As far as the programmer issue goes, I can't explain why you weren't taken up on your offer. Did you submit a resume? Thats usually how one gets a job. But, seeing as how I asked for questions like "why didn't I get taken up on my offer to program the game", you instead gave accusations of lies, that doesn't look promising for a potential employee or even partner.

So, in total, I get two questions from you:
Why is the lag so bad? (which I tried to answer to the best of my knowledge)
Why was I not hired as a programmer?
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Jive

Post by Jive »

can we get a clan system that does the following:

drop clan = no clan for access for 196hrs... creation or join

buidings stay auto on non clan char attking clan...

wall limit increase

ally system as seth has provided

system notice when buiding is firing not just taking hits...

more comin just woke up

ty mike... good thread
}-)
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

StickyKse wrote: And the hiring a programer is BS as well. I've offered multiple times personally to comp to work on drop generator engine, servers, ect. Since I am skilled in programing, servers, custom modding, scripting, ect. And if you doubt me, if you have played diabo 2 online in the last 5 years, trust me, youve seen my scripting work, as well as mods and other custom visual add on programs for a few different games.
You said that you did scripting but the problem is that...in FT there is no scripting at all.
All is written in java. If I remember correct I told you that you can help working with map editor making new maps, quests, etc. I think it is the most close to things you were doing or you are experienced java developer?
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Jive wrote:can we get a clan system that does the following:

drop clan = no clan for access for 196hrs... creation or join

buidings stay auto on non clan char attking clan...

wall limit increase

ally system as seth has provided

system notice when buiding is firing not just taking hits...

more comin just woke up

ty mike... good thread
comp just implemented: if you unclan ( yourself or kicked) u cant join another for 48 hours. its in anouncements.

also he is asking about detailed wishes on alliance system in another new topic.
mods:
maybe it can be pinned somehow. could find it back easily
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

@Gandalf.

Continuing on from the other thread. Aimed at you asking me what clan improvements id want to see.

An alliance system is a definate due to how auto attack works. Auto attack working always on unclanned players. Auto attack firing upon nuetral clans. Auto attack firing upon enemies and auto attack not firing on friendlies.

Although thats all already been brought up plenty of times. The main issue is that how it is now without an alliance feature. Only auto firing on an enemy if they target a clan member or building allows them to get to where they shouldnt otherwise be. Different parts of peoples bases, or at times when construction is on for some, into their base.

The building HP is still a bit of an issue, 10x imo was a bit too much. Maybe 5x. But thats just my opinion.

Siege damage boosted to accomodate the HP increase. I heard they were boosted but i cant remember the numbers. I remember however that it was an effective nerf since it didnt scale appropriately to the 10x hp. If you could clarify that would be great.

A slight increase in wall numbers. Aswell as the ability to place these walls in but not behind the "thinner" buildings. As it stands it seems to not be able to be done.

Farms. Making leveling farms worthwhile and maybe capping the level of maximum farm income. Perhaps a maximum income of 1.5m per day. As i understand its 900k per day? Depending on level.

Multi shot ammunition. 70% damage. Activates when 2 or more enemies are within range. Fires on all enemies.

A battering ram. Immune to building fire, eventually busts down a wall. Low HP.

Quoted to the clan alliances thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7483&p=58872#p58872 - MadMikael
MERICA

Post by MERICA »

I really like the idea of multi shot ammo where it stands now with all the high lvls in game u get a group of 2-3k easy to take a build out but only because 2-3 will be unclanned able to log out and auto magically turns off allows walls and bases to be taken down which brings up clan auto fire bring back the old school auto except this time add a friendly list where where dukes would be only ppl to have this option kind of like the add friend and clan but one duke sends to the other accept it and the builds of both clans stop the auto i really like this idea let me know what yall think?
haha2u

Post by haha2u »

Seems there is alot of awsome open ideas going around i like to see the staff get more involved making such post as this!! So as the problems stand its pretty much summed up in this topic a ram that could get attacked by players but not builds for wall destruction would actually be an awsome add on also but yes multi shot with builds where 2 or more in range instead of sharing attack which makes builds slower and act stupid also the auto attack i know is harder than it sounds to fix but yeah make old school builds with the dukes options on which clan goes on the clans friends list all others off that list just die when in range no unclanned hiders and such?? Im liking all these ideas tho and i hope more ft community will speak up to help such problems everyones voice matter lvl 1 to 5000 only way to fix problems us as the players who see the problems every day mods i understand its not like r game play so it would be easy to miss such things i just hope you listen to what the people have to say.
💜Sissy💜Forever In Our Hearts💜

haha2u (Archer 5058)
Manticore (Ogre 814)
Myers304 (Archer 516)
di4b10 (Mage 550)
BLUNT_AXE (Dwarf 146)
Spartakus (Swordsman 211)
Dark Zoo

Post by Dark Zoo »

I have been a part of a couple newer clans just trying to get started. As you might expect, a newer clan doesn't have many members to begin with, although, we have managed to get some castles and towers up to level 100 or so. Problem is, as soon as we aren't looking everything we build gets destroyed within a matter of minutes. I was wondering if it would be possible for a clan to pay for a guard, or guards, to protect their buildings...similar to the guards that patrol the cities. For example, (I'm just throwing numbers out here), I can pay 100 million to have a lvl 1500 patrol our buildings. Just curious what your thoughts are on this, thanks.