Moderator: Game Administrators

blanky blank

Re: character names should be decent!

Post by blanky blank »

Lmao!!
Cleopatra

this isn't a gender issue

Post by Cleopatra »

This is about men being afraid us women taking over the world (but eventually we will ;-)) The Creator made a rule about clean language, meaning that he didn't want the game to be offensive towards minors. I've noticed that clean language is now only being held up by the mods and only around them too lately. This rule should trickle down to the name of your characters. I'm sure a mod would back me up or even the Creator.
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

Krystal H wrote:This is about men being afraid us women taking over the world (but eventually we will ;-)) The Creator made a rule about clean language, meaning that he didn't want the game to be offensive towards minors. I've noticed that clean language is now only being held up by the mods and only around them too lately. This rule should trickle down to the name of your characters. I'm sure a mod would back me up or even the Creator.
yup, no offensive name. surely there are names which are ok in english but not in another language. we cant clean all. but offensive names will be outlawed, muted and send to a prison u cant leave by urself ;)
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Fekalito

Post by Fekalito »

I had in some game char named Nymphetamine and this name got namelock because of amphetamine drugs :F
kingoo1

Post by kingoo1 »

I saw a guy called F--k_master he did put in the lines but I still find it offensive, also mastering_bates is one although I'm not sure if these are the exact names cause I only saw them for a while
Dedicated PvP Player, after long break I await the magnificence of helping and killing.

Kingoo1
Substitute Shinigami
Gold mage

Post by Gold mage »

I agree.. These names are not okay and to me it's more provoking since the player gave actually spend time on thinking the idea though before choosing the name..

We usually do our best to explain the situation and help players to make new chars if they have these kinda names. In some cases it works. Sometimes not. In any case we consider it language abuse and usually jail the character where it won't bother others..
retired Game Admin In clan LAW
retired Forum moderator

Useful links:
- General game help, including a giant map and more.
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
kingoo1

Post by kingoo1 »

What do you mean by "jail character" ? Put him in a custom dungeon or ban him or what?
Dedicated PvP Player, after long break I await the magnificence of helping and killing.

Kingoo1
Substitute Shinigami
vicbri

Post by vicbri »

Yesterday in begining map when i was starting with na archer i saw a ogre lvl 0 named bigggcoockk or something like thath , a litle strong name when kids are playing too.
Useful links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages spoken :English, Portuguese
(vicbri) -> swordsman
(vicbri 2) -> mage
(vicbri 3) -> archer
(vicbri 4) -> dwarf
(vicbri 5) -> ogre