Advice for a fairly new player to the online game

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

parsman66

Advice for a fairly new player to the online game

Post by parsman66 »

First of all apologies if this is covered in another post, just couldn't see one

Am playing a mage currently level 81 and realise that in order to craft some higher items need to join a clan
Just not sure how to go about it or even if I am still too low a level. Not really into PVP so would be looking for peaceful clan. Looking at some posts seems like a few of the very high level players will just pick on the lower level ones

I think you have to be invited to join a clan but not really sure

Any advice greatly appreciated

regards
Gullander

Re: Advice for a fairly new player to the online game

Post by Gullander »

Unfortunately lower level mages are prime targets for pvp, they can't run and Mana runs out pretty quickly, and it is even worse for clans. As far as crafting items there are a lot of peaceful,, non clanned players who could help you get what you need.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

For crafting higher level items you need a personal house or clan with crafting capabilities. Sure, you can buy items or have someone make them for you, but those are the two options for doing it yourself.

I myself am not in a clan and don't want to be in a clan, so you can give that whatever weight you want here.

You can create your own clan, but unless you want to try and take land area and build a base it will probably be much easier to join an existing clan. You would need to be invited, so you can always ask around.

Some higher level clan players may attack, and you likely will be the longer you are in a clan. That will vary from clan to clan and from player to player. Some people won't attack unless you're in an enemy clan and some people will if you're not in an ally clan. The definition of peaceful/neutral tends to get some real flexibility when people start arguing about other clans it seems, but there are some clans that try to be quiet crafting clans more than others.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

You can be invited to join a clan or form your own clan.

I would argue that there is no such thing as a peaceful clan in FT. Even though some do try their best to remain neutral and not attack others, there will always be other clan players who attack them.

(Edit - apologies. By the time I'd typed my message, two had already appeared. At least our messages are consistent, I guess!).
parsman66

Post by parsman66 »

Really appreciate all the replies

That is really helpful so thanks

regards
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

SK clan has crafting buildings, and u can join SK-clan temporarely to craft items for urself or quests.
After u done ur work, u can leave the clan again. But remember: as long as you are in a clan, ALL other players who are in a clan too, can hunt you.
But normal most players knowing that sk-clan is a peaceful and helpful clan.

Ask for a member of the sk-clan on the startmap, and maybe you will find someone to join you.

For all sis+bros of ft......i am still back on ft world like i was before, and u knowing SK-clan is still neutral again.
Rizzo is still Duke, not me, if someone needs ally with sk....u have to ask Rizzo now ;)

For the new player: i wish u luck on beeing in a clan, and i hope older players will not reduce your fun of ft as long as you are IN A CLAN !!!

Greetings ... SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
parsman66

Post by parsman66 »

thank you SK1976

That is really useful

Was not sure if I could join and leave a clan just for crafting without annoying clan members

Not to bothered about being killed. It is just this 30% chance of losing an item that concerns me

I suppose I can put any important items into bank or tavern though before I joined.
I seemed to have read that the only thing you can't lose is your main weapon. Is this the case or are equipped items safe to?

Also can you lose unique quest items such as the ring of protection, rope, etc

regards
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

only equipped gears u can loose. The main weapon u cant loose.

u can buy some lower gears if u realy need them for clan and equip them and the other take off

the only reason that u can loose quest needed items is, if u have pets and the pets taken ur items and they die. than they will b lost.

take care of pets if u have some with taken items in their bags.

I hope you understand what i mean. I am from germany, and my english is not very well. Its my school-english i learned 30 yrs ago :)

If u wanna come into clan let me know ! if u not know how u can find some sk members, pm me on private mail on forum, and we will find a time i can add u into sk clan if u need some crafts !
DUKE of SK-Clan
parsman66

Post by parsman66 »

thanks SK
that is really good info
I thought you could lose stuff from backpack to if you were killed in pvp

Think I will wait a few levels before I join a clan, as don't need to craft anything just yet . Not much I need before level 100

By the way your English a lot better than my German !!! , and I understand everything you just posted

Thanks again for responding so quickly

regards