clan hopping by abusing a glitch

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gandalf
Site Admin

clan hopping by abusing a glitch

Post by Gandalf »

dear clan members,

we found out, that there is a glitch, which can be abused to avoid the 48hrs, that you have to wait, before you can join another clan after leaving your old clan.

we jailed the abusers for 24hrs. funny enough, two of them are still abusing this glitch.

Mike and Eclipse should know better and therefore, we jail them until the issue got fixed by update.

[edit by Gandalf: more to go... "Maiden W" and tba]

we will not tolerate this abuse. if you see any clan hoppers, report them to me via PM or on facebook. we will check server logs and jail them, too, if needed. first jail is 24hrs, second one is until issue is fixed.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Cleopatra

Re: clan hopping by abusing a glitch

Post by Cleopatra »

Thank you for the explanation of the glitch
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Gandalf wrote:dear clan members,

we found out, that there is a glitch, which can be abused to avoid the 48hrs, that you have to wait, before you can join another clan after leaving your old clan.

we jailed the abusers for 24hrs. funny enough, two of them are still abusing this glitch.

Mike and Eclipse should know better and therefore, we jail them until the issue got fixed by update.

[edit by Gandalf: more to go... "Maiden W" and tba]

we will not tolerate this abuse. if you see any clan hoppers, report them to me via PM or on facebook. we will check server logs and jail them, too, if needed. first jail is 24hrs, second one is until issue is fixed.
Dear Mr. Gandalf,

Thank you very much for the explanation of the bug. I hope you still remember that last time when you jailed Eclipse and Mike, both of them were unclanned, they declanned but did not rejoin any clan. Both of them were jailed and after release, both of them joined their clan GODZ. No other clan was joined, nothing like clan hoping was done.

Funny enough, you jailed Mike and Eclipse twice for clan hoping once. The process of clan hoping was not complete when Mike and Eclipse were penalized. There were no instructions from GMs to not join any clan till the period of 48 hours. You told me you are penalized. The penalty was to stay in jail for 24 hours. We remained in jail for the same period of time, even more than that. After release, we joined our clan, GODZ. Is this clan hopping, seriously?

Tell me honestly, if Mike and Eclipse had joined GODZ before they were jailed the first time, would you still jailed them again for being in the same clan?

Can you tell me how many clans were hopped by these two characters after their release from jail?

This is completely unfair to punish the same character twice for committing crime once. The case of Maiden is completely different. He was in RAW. When Maiden was released, he clan hopped and joined LGND. In the case of Maiden, you can safely affirm that bug was abused. But not in the case of Mike and Eclipse.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

hi!

thank you for contacting us. this is the data, why we jailed again:

2016-01-04 01:25:05,538 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Eclipse added to clan rash
2016-01-04 01:36:50,845 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Mike added to clan rash
2016-01-04 01:36:55,201 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Eclipse added to clan rash
2016-01-04 01:46:57,829 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Mike added to clan rash
2016-01-05 02:47:19,627 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Mike added to clan GODZ
2016-01-05 11:47:31,965 DEBUG [CO SERVER THREAD] L - player Eclipse added to clan GODZ

before being jailed (mmoserver.log.22:2016-01-04 02:22:05), you were in rash and within 48hrs, you joined GODZ. that you had no clan when being jailed does not count for me.

leave GODZ and wait your 48 hour penalty. then, you can join another clan.

to ensure this, we will keep you that 48 hours in jail.

Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

Maiden W is released again. did not clan hop.
i had contact and was able to check logs again with more informations.

_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Nice work gm .about fixing bug. I heard somewhere about it but i didnt know how to use. And i still dont. Nvm if u dnt bealive check my logs. Well this i want say is why clan waiting is 48 hrs and not a bit less like 24 hrs? I would like hear the reason. Cuz still clan hoppers join and leave clans . not waiting 1 day. Also there is 500k payment. Sry i wont post this idea at the needed topic and il do it here but here we talk for clan rejoin.nvm if u want me do it gandalf il post it at sugg and new ideas:

I think. Each duke. Would be better to make his own payment to join a clan . like if i want can make it 1m instead of 500k or free (but if u want u can make it less payment 500k) and do like a command: /clanentry (price) e.g. /clanentry 10000000

To avoid some hops for these or anything else. A duke may be able change it every 24 hrs.

Just an idea dear gandalf ;)

Btw gm doing a good work :) i would like be a gm in the future. . . if game stay alive. . .
Boo
James142

Post by James142 »

I think that it is really cool that idea on setting requirements to join clans like that.
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I'm just curious. Why do players leave their clan and then return back to the very same clan that they just left? I've seen this quite a bit and am confused as to their motive for doing this. If someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

There are myriad reasons to quit clan, including avoiding PvP, or attacking a player from an allied clan who is attacking a friend. Some do it just to cause an increase in outlaw count, which should count as mechanics abuse, imo. Another possibility is that your clan has been targeted by another clan's towers, but you need to pass that location for some reason.
Bence

Post by Bence »

Maybe ypu leave your clan to kill a clan member into hes base. Jaya tci just killed an adik member here. The clan buildings couldnt kill him before he killed the adik member.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-11-20-18-33-04.png
Screenshot_2016-11-20-18-33-04.png (316.29 KiB) Viewed 9990 times
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage