Clan MMCC

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Re: Clan MMCC

Post by DaHobbit »

Don't kill my hopes, Bence. There are so many of us that miss MadMikael. And BlitzCraig as well. There are several very good GMs/Admins that we would all love to see return.

But to get this topic back on topic, yes, Mad_Maniac, I think the people would really like to see an apology.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

After watching players in this game abuse one another day after day, I lost my objective viewpoint. I do not apologize for that, as it shows that I'm only human. However, using GM powers to help my clan or my friends was wrong, and I do apologize for that. Once my personal feelings got involved in my decisions, I should have resigned. And yet, I do not apologize for feeling that I should be involved to protect those who cannot defend themselves, or what happens next...
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

That is actually a very good point. It is not easy playing AND being a GM. We do it, but it's not easy. The two must be completely separate. There are so many times that my alt has been the victim of one player or another, only to have that same player approach me as a GM asking for help. My emotions want to squash that player like a bug, but emotions must be turned off at that point. I have gone out of my way to help so many players - even those that at some point in the past abused me on my alt, and even those that abused me as a GM. I know there are a few troublemakers that will disagree, but even those very few players still get the same attention (though they may not receive anything extra).
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Bence

Post by Bence »

Wow. I wouldn't be able to do it.
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

Wow. This is a sad thread.

A GM getting kicked out, and his clan going under. And a bit of sadness to follow up the post. What's FT come to?

@madmaniacal1:
Sorry to hear that, madmaniacal1... its a shame. I thought you had potential.
But as a GM, you're held to a higher standard. Its difficult for many, impossible for some. Its no surprise that people still have some high expectations of you though, and an apology was the best way to go IMO. I like how you don't apologize for being human. You make a good point. This game is full of bad people, and the pressure on a GM is immense. I bet its why MadMikael left - the evil in the game tortured him, and he buckled under the pressure.
blitzcraig wrote:madmaniacal is not the old GM MadMikael... different people ;)
@blitzcraig:
glad to see you are still kicking around a bit, and willing to defend an old friend's reputation some
Bence wrote:Yep. And MadMikael wont return :|
@Bence:
Maybe, maybe not. I'm quite confident that FT still occupies his thoughts from time to time. If he ever gets over his issues, he'll be back, but maybe as a player only, not a GM.
DaHobbit wrote:Don't kill my hopes, Bence. There are so many of us that miss MadMikael. And BlitzCraig as well. There are several very good GMs/Admins that we would all love to see return.
@DaHobbit
Couldn't agree more. This game has had many awesome team members (and still does, including yourself Hobbs), that I would love to see return. But... the game has changed so much... could they even recognize it? I've been away for some time... I don't like the new forum look, and the game itself is just confusing anymore.
Bence wrote:Wow. I wouldn't be able to do it.
Me neither.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Madmaniac is the first friend that I made in this great and wonderful game. He helped me tremendously (as we were both very new to FT) and always had and still has good advice to give me when I am unsure what to do. He has helped to shape me into the player that I am today. I fully stand by Mad regardless of what he may have done. Did he make some mistakes? Sure but I guarantee that I have made more in this game and in life and will continue to do so. Apparently that is the way that I learn. I must be the only person that learns this way. I will always help Mad out if he needs it. He never turned his back on me and I'm not going to turn my back on him. If Mad ever needs my help, I will be there for him.
BOO!:ghost:
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Ryaca wrote:Madmaniac is the first friend that I made in this great and wonderful game. He helped me tremendously (as we were both very new to FT) and always had and still has good advice to give me when I am unsure what to do. He has helped to shape me into the player that I am today. I fully stand by Mad regardless of what he may have done. Did he make some mistakes? Sure but I guarantee that I have made more in this game and in life and will continue to do so. Apparently that is the way that I learn. I must be the only person that learns this way. I will always help Mad out if he needs it. He never turned his back on me and I'm not going to turn my back on him. If Mad ever needs my help, I will be there for him.
Ryaca, please read my intervention better.
We all learn not only studying and observing but also - and a lot - by making mistakes and getting to realise they were such. But my point isn't on that.
MadManiacal did put himself under the bond of a duty toward us all and toward this game, the moment he became GM.
With this "mistake" of hims he damaged himself, his clan, his friends, you, me, the game staff, everyone.
For the part of the damage done to his clan and his personal friends, he can handle it as he wants, if you ask me. On such regard, I'm still waiting for his PM telling me he's sorry about his letting me down after I did support his application. I think there is no need to say he's expected to write one to the ones who supported him.
But he was a public officer in this community. He did let us all down. And he seems to be little sorry about that.
He had a pubblic duty and role.
We need a pubblic apologising to demonstrate us he does realise what he did to us and he feels bad about it.
I'm still waiting for it on the forum.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

This post was delayed as it was waiting for moderator approval. It's great being new.
ardesia wrote: We need a pubblic apologising to demonstrate us he does realise what he did to us and he feels bad about it.
I'm still waiting for it on the forum.
So this isn't good enough?
madmaniacal1 wrote: However, using GM powers to help my clan or my friends was wrong, and I do apologize for that.
Or is this what you object to?
madmaniacal1 wrote:After watching players in this game abuse one another day after day, I lost my objective viewpoint. I do not apologize for that, as it shows that I'm only human.....And yet, I do not apologize for feeling that I should be involved to protect those who cannot defend themselves
Let me weigh in. I know FOR A FACT this isn't the first time a GM (or moderator, as they were once called) has felt this way. Likely won't be the last either.
This also isn't the first time its happened.

Let me think.... I'm aware of the following cases.
Remember Insider? Yeah, I thought he had potential too. Even supported the ****. But in his case, I suspect his wrongdoings were much more selfish; he showed favoritism, and rumored to have been involved in abusing his powers for real life financial gain. Perhaps the GMs missed a thread or two... you could try looking it up if you're bored and good at forum searches. Don't think he ever apologized, not that I saw anyway. And he's got the most posts in the forum smh.

Remember Monarq? Here's a better example. This was a good guy, with a good track record, who got fed up with the evilness in the game, and decided to take matters into is own hands. He deliberately targeted abusive players and gave them a taste of their own medicine. NO, it wasn't right, but I do admire where his heart was.... and if madmaniacal1's heart was in the same place, I admire that too. Monarq was ousted too, for abuse of powers.

Yes, GMs are supposed to be held to a higher standard. And yes, we trust them to do the right thing. But come on, think about it; if you lived in a fantasy where you were given the powers of Superman, would you want to be Superman, or just a police officer? This is hard for GMs I think, as they have to limit themselves to being simple police officers.

I think this may be the reason that so many GMs have left too... that they're fed up with the bad people and the fact that their hands are tied even though they have the power to make things right. El Majo left for a while, but he's back, so that's good. But what happened to my favorite GMs, namely blitzcraig and MadMikael? I think they just got fed up.

Then there's that guilt factor, and the disgrace that comes with it. Madmaniacal1 will always have that stigma over his head. He will forever be known as a past cheater, and it may make his game life difficult in the future.

So anyway, Ardesia, I know you're upset. I've been there, trust me. But try and show a little compassion, if you once considered him your friend. Try talking to him directly rather than blasting him in public (although, he certainly has earned it). But really, you're just venting, and I think you're hurting a potential friendship if you're still interested.

And that was the one thing that made this game so great - friendships. Through all the bad that this game has been through, friendships have carried it through them.

....oh yeah, I'm back....
Last edited by SSephiroth on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

MadManiacal did agree to the agreement that he signed up for when he became GM. He mad a mistake by helping his own clan, as well as clan Jojo.

As others have said above, he made a mistake. He was not given any chances to fix this mistake, which i believe is wrong. He should have a second chance to redeem what he has done which he was forbidden to do.

Yes Vasinta, he let us down, but i do not believe that he should be kicked just like that. He should be given another chance to put what he did wrong right.

I still think MadManiac has potential, and should be given a second chance.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

He did apologize. Read 8 posts up.
Last edited by Ryaca on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOO!:ghost: