Clan MMCC

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Bence

Re: Clan MMCC

Post by Bence »

I think he showed us that he regreted hes mistake but he shouldnt get an other chance as gm. He also showed us that we dont know him enough, so if we give him one more chance he might do something much worst.
"We are unity in diversity"
lvl 1006 mage
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

My previous post was delayed, and inserted above.

What would be cool is if you gave it a read.
What would be cooler is if you responded.
What would be coolest is if you disagree :)

Anyway, I agree with that statement. GMs should not be given a second chance when they break their oath, and start dealing out their own justice.
Its just asking for trouble. Think about it, would you want a police officer who's a vigilante? Makes good TV, but in real life, peoples rights get trampled.
Nope, can't blame someone for going with whats in their nature, but once you know their nature, you should take that into account.
Plus, there would always be those who would no longer trust him, and always think the worst. This would cause a lot of drama and headaches.

Old saying
Bite me once, shame on you
Bite me twice, shame on me
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I agree with SSephiroth's last post 100%
BOO!:ghost:
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

Ryaca wrote:I agree with Ssephiroth's last post 100%
Hey thank you!
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

We're all humans, and we all make mistakes.
I guess that Mad's short intervention is all what we're receiving, at least we had that :roll:
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
naomi

Post by naomi »

SSephiroth wrote:This post was delayed as it was waiting for moderator approval. It's great being new.
ardesia wrote: We need a pubblic apologising to demonstrate us he does realise what he did to us and he feels bad about it.
I'm still waiting for it on the forum.
So this isn't good enough?
madmaniacal1 wrote: However, using GM powers to help my clan or my friends was wrong, and I do apologize for that.
Or is this what you object to?
madmaniacal1 wrote:After watching players in this game abuse one another day after day, I lost my objective viewpoint. I do not apologize for that, as it shows that I'm only human.....And yet, I do not apologize for feeling that I should be involved to protect those who cannot defend themselves
Let me weigh in. I know FOR A FACT this isn't the first time a GM (or moderator, as they were once called) has felt this way. Likely won't be the last either.
This also isn't the first time its happened.

Let me think.... I'm aware of the following cases.
Remember Insider? Yeah, I thought he had potential too. Even supported the ****. But in his case, I suspect his wrongdoings were much more selfish; he showed favoritism, and rumored to have been involved in abusing his powers for real life financial gain. Perhaps the GMs missed a thread or two... you could try looking it up if you're bored and good at forum searches. Don't think he ever apologized, not that I saw anyway. And he's got the most posts in the forum smh.

Remember Monarq? Here's a better example. This was a good guy, with a good track record, who got fed up with the evilness in the game, and decided to take matters into is own hands. He deliberately targeted abusive players and gave them a taste of their own medicine. NO, it wasn't right, but I do admire where his heart was.... and if madmaniacal1's heart was in the same place, I admire that too. Monarq was ousted too, for abuse of powers.

Yes, GMs are supposed to be held to a higher standard. And yes, we trust them to do the right thing. But come on, think about it; if you lived in a fantasy where you were given the powers of Superman, would you want to be Superman, or just a police officer? This is hard for GMs I think, as they have to limit themselves to being simple police officers.

I think this may be the reason that so many GMs have left too... that they're fed up with the bad people and the fact that their hands are tied even though they have the power to make things right. El Majo left for a while, but he's back, so that's good. But what happened to my favorite GMs, namely blitzcraig and MadMikael? I think they just got fed up.

Then there's that guilt factor, and the disgrace that comes with it. Madmaniacal1 will always have that stigma over his head. He will forever be known as a past cheater, and it may make his game life difficult in the future.

So anyway, Ardesia, I know you're upset. I've been there, trust me. But try and show a little compassion, if you once considered him your friend. Try talking to him directly rather than blasting him in public (although, he certainly has earned it). But really, you're just venting, and I think you're hurting a potential friendship if you're still interested.

And that was the one thing that made this game so great - friendships. Through all the bad that this game has been through, friendships have carried it through them.

....oh yeah, I'm back....
AGREE....its so nice to read this...full of wisdom and compassion ^_^
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

naomi wrote:AGREE....its so nice to read this...full of wisdom and compassion ^_^
Thank you.
Btw, good to see you active again.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

SSephiroth wrote:So anyway, Ardesia, I know you're upset. I've been there, trust me. But try and show a little compassion, if you once considered him your friend. Try talking to him directly rather than blasting him in public (although, he certainly has earned it). But really, you're just venting, and I think you're hurting a potential friendship if you're still interested.

And that was the one thing that made this game so great - friendships. Through all the bad that this game has been through, friendships have carried it through them.

Thanks for pointing that out, and of course I'm ready to come back in good terms with Mad. I did deeply appreciate him and his work for the game, and miss his presence in everyday playing :)

Welcome back, whoever you were in your previous FT life - hope we will meet soon here and there in the Forgotten Lands
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
SSephiroth

Post by SSephiroth »

ardesia wrote:
SSephiroth wrote:So anyway, Ardesia, I know you're upset. I've been there, trust me. But try and show a little compassion, if you once considered him your friend. Try talking to him directly rather than blasting him in public (although, he certainly has earned it). But really, you're just venting, and I think you're hurting a potential friendship if you're still interested.

Thanks for pointing that out, and of course I'm ready to come back in good terms with Mad. I did deeply appreciate him and his work for the game, and miss his presence in everyday playing :)

Welcome back, whoever you were in your previous FT life - hope we will meet soon here and there in the Forgotten Lands
For me to have been helpful (even in a small way) in such a matter is a great honor. I'm happy I was helpful to you.
And thank you very much for the welcoming, on this thread and the other.
Its this sort of thing that always made me love this community.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

DaHobbit wrote:That is actually a very good point. It is not easy playing AND being a GM. We do it, but it's not easy. The two must be completely separate. There are so many times that my alt has been the victim of one player or another, only to have that same player approach me as a GM asking for help. My emotions want to squash that player like a bug, but emotions must be turned off at that point. I have gone out of my way to help so many players - even those that at some point in the past abused me on my alt, and even those that abused me as a GM. I know there are a few troublemakers that will disagree, but even those very few players still get the same attention (though they may not receive anything extra).
Yes a good GM is extremely difficult you have to want to be more than just a player you have to want to help the Game grow without ever getting involved in Clan Warfare. Being a veteran GM I fully understand how difficult it is to separate it player and GM... in fact the only GM's that have been able to do it successfully have given up playing they just do GM work. Being a GM very interesting and proud experience for me ( though I don't think I would ever want to do it again). I hope to see the GM Community thrive again ^_^
I know why Mad Mickal left. I chose not to talk about it because it would be inappropriate but I can say this I don't think he'll return sadly :(
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!