Spamming Clan Buildings - New Rule

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Spamming Clan Buildings - New Rule

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Lestat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 pm
ryaca_ wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:09 pm Either way GM's will always have to make decisions that players will not like. This will never change.
I understand this, but it seems the more i read forum, the more i realize, players only want what helps them and hurts their enemy. They care nothing for fairness. Only what makes it easier for them.
It cannot be stated any plainer. Lestat is correct.
Omnes Autem Uri
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

ryaca_ wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:09 pm Either way GM's will always have to make decisions that players will not like. This will never change.
I understand this, but it seems the more i read forum, the more i realize, players only want what helps them and hurts their enemy. They care nothing for fairness. Only what makes it easier for them.
TRUTH!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Lestat gets the understatement of the week award there.
GMs are responsible for creating and editing game rules, and of course, enforcing them. Sure, compbatant has final say, but it doesn't mean those are not GM powers.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

GM - GameMaster - Masters of the FT World.

GM also means "God Mode" in many games - but these one have a set of rules they must follow.
You can and should read them as well.

Love them or hate them BUT
You have to respect the work they do for "us"!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agreed. Once called mods and now GMs. Without them, the game will fold. It's worth remembering.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 am GM - GameMaster - Masters of the FT World.

GM also means "God Mode" in many games - but these one have a set of rules they must follow.
You can and should read them as well.

Love them or hate them BUT
You have to respect the work they do for "us"!
+1
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

And notice such messages from our side never was.We never asked for help or complained that GM helped us with change rule or other.This is a game and we play clan wars and do not create more rules to make it impossible to play.
Just because of the endlessly complaining people that in clan wars everything is not so, we have what we have and must wait for compbatant the work to be done.
Players can infinitely consider this or that tactic not fair, but this is a compbatant game and he must determine what should be forbidden by game mechanics and what should remain.Only it can make everything crystal clear.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Mak, maybe u didnt complain, but yes people from your side did.
And yes, rules need to be made, you cannot stop everything with game mechanics. It seems thats always your reasoning..im allowed to do it so i will. Which makes it a plausible assumption that many are still sharing accounts, as one day some players can speak english and next day cant. I wont give names here, but it happens much anymore.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I did not indicate that the rules are not needed.I just emphasized that they should be made by the developer.They are needed but the mechanics must close all disputed issues or resolve them and the rules should prohibit violations that the developer also recognizes.
I would not compare the rules that cannot be closed by mechanics and those that can.If the developer directly says that he is not able to close some points and for this you need a rule then yes the rule should appear made by him personally.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I think it would be hard for a NONPLAYER to know what is needed ingame. Without GM and player input he wouldn't know. This is why he does game development and GM are to deal with rest.

And if by your statements, game mechanics should be the fix, why continue on clan maps until these are made? Are you worried your tactics may be removed from available use ? Not only you, but your enemies also.

There has been many using tactics that were stopped years ago. All because "the game allows it"

We can have this discussion over and over(it seems we do) , but will not change the fact that both sides are ignoring rules that have been in place nearly 2+ years.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-