Spamming Clan Buildings - New Rule

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Spamming Clan Buildings - New Rule

Post by DaHobbit »

Clan Building Spam

1) Spam Clan: Creating a "spam clan" for the sole purpose of adding more buildings to an area that is done with the intention of annoying other clans is forbidden. The owner of the spam building will be punished as well as the main clan that the owner is affiliated. If the owner of the spam clan cannot be directly linked to a main clan, the main clan that is benefiting from the spam buildings will be punished.

2) Clan Base: Building inside or near your clan base is allowed. This includes buildings that are outside of your clan's base, but not located within an enemy base. If your clan does not have a base, and you place buildings in a contested area, this may be considered spam. If your clan only places buildings, but does not improve the buildings to green hp, your buildings may be considered spam. If your clan places buildings outside of your clan's established base, and into a contested area or within an enemy's base area, this may be considered spam. A clan may build near or inside an established clan base with approval of the clan demonstrating control of the area, but the clan must have an alliance with the established clan to prove permission was granted.

3) Contested Area: Any area that is outside of an established clan base can be considered a contested area. An area where an active war is taking place can be considered a contested area.

4) Building on Players: Dropping a building onto a player may be considered spam. This does not include dropping buildings onto pets or sieges.

5) Penalties: Penalties for violating this rule may include jailing of accounts and/or reduction of building levels of offending clan. Other punishments may be necessary depending on the seriousness of the violations.

Example:

In the Image, one clan base circled in yellow is an established clan base. Likewise, the base circled in red is an established clan base. The area circled in blue appears to be an area involved in an active war between these two groups. In this contested area, it is okay for these two groups to place clan buildings in clan warfare tactics - except in violation of paragraph 1 above. However, the towers circled in green are from an established clan - but that clan is not in the area. Therefore, these towers are considered spam. Additionally, they are spam because they are placed behind the enemy walls - within an established clan base.
Attachments
APEX spam.jpg
APEX spam.jpg (463.99 KiB) Viewed 10975 times
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
hungry_wolf

Re: Spamming Clan Buildings - New Rule

Post by hungry_wolf »

hello

i m not sure i understand the real meaning of this post

for example : 'If your clan does not have a base, and you place buildings in a contested area, this may be considered spam'
means that a clan cannot build without permission of other 'estabilished clans ' in that area ?

sorry for asking but i m afraid this post should be explained with some more details
:)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Thank you for the comment. It is hard to know of a new clan's intention. Sometimes it is obvious that a clan is just spamming to annoy or during clan fights, etc. Sometimes it is obvious that a new clan is actually trying to build a base. Sometimes it is not so obvious. That is why the rule says "may be considered spam" and not "will be considered spam". If you level up your buildings in this area, it seems obvious that you intend to build. No problem. If you just own several level 0 buildings and you are not upgrading them - that tends to say "we are only spam buildings."
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

thank you

i understand this subject is a mined field :)

my aim was preventing the risk of misunderstanding , is easy make some people think that old historical clans could get preferences :)

have a nice day
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

Wait a minute, how is apex spamming when their territory is being invaded?

Response from DaHobbit: I did not say that APEX was spamming. I did name the image "APEX spam" because I was called to the map because "they were spamming." I saved the screenshot and named it that. But I did not find that APEX was spamming. I only found that the two towers inside the TRIO/SLXO base was spam from another clan. Otherwise, the contested area was clan warfare without spam. Both groups are allowed to build in that area and attempt to claim the space.
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Rothost wrote:Wait a minute, how is apex spamming when their territory is being invaded?
APEx territory is circled in yellow. I can't see where their territory is being invaded. Or the whole map is their territory?

Response from DaHobbit: Actually their base was invaded by the two towers circled in green. Those towers were removed.
FT`ing life away
Leone

Post by Leone »

To clarify - can an allied clan build within the clan walls of a more established clan?

Response from DaHobbit: Yes. Of course. It is NOT spam to build in an established clan's area if they give you permission to do so.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

One thing y'all missed is APEX had a tower (2850) just yesterday it was destroyed and it was right in that space. I think its plain stupid you called that spam when SLXO and TRIO were the ones spamming APEX and SMRF area which is CLEARLY showed in the screenshot above.

Response from DaHobbit: I know that tower was in that area. But that tower does not create an established base or lay ownership of the surrounding area. Once you have several buildings/walls that enclose an area, that area inside can be considered an established base. An enemy is not allowed to build inside that area, but can build outside of your walls in some strategic manner or in an attempt to overtake your new base.

I think I confused everyone with the name of my image. But again, I was called to the map and took a screenshot. The name of my image should not be considered as me saying APEX was spamming - but just a quick name I could come up with to save the image.
Does life really get better?
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

How is yellow (rod) territory apex's? Yes they had 1 tower and 1 castle for materials to help fight..but from lev castles to SMRF ladder was apex territory.

Response from DaHobbit: The area in blue may have been APEX's area, and may have been an established base. The area seems to have been completely cleared away so it is no longer an established base for any clan. It has become a contested area.
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Oh really... A single tower is a base. Or castle and 2 towers are a base. I just don't know...
FT`ing life away