'Settling a Disagreeance on Accusations of Spam Building

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

NightBaby

Re: 'Settling a Disagreeance on Accusations of Spam Building

Post by NightBaby »

Better method~
- A "spam clan" may be considered a "spam clan" if they haven't had any gold donated or produced by a farm.
- Silly, random letters or numbers with no thought as the clan name.
- Placing down multiple builds without any attempts to make them green, full HP or improved.

From what I've seen, the cases where the player was intentionally spamming and not trying to build on the builds, found their "loophole" and claimed innocence. Then when an innocent player is trying to build their buildings, they get punished, even though "spamming" was not their intention. The GM team seems to have given up on seeing through the innocence and just punishes everyone, from their point of view.
Does life really get better?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

NightBaby wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm Better method~
- A "spam clan" may be considered a "spam clan" if they haven't had any gold donated or produced by a farm.
- Placing down multiple builds without any attempts to make them green, full HP or improved.

From what I've seen, the cases where the player was intentionally spamming and not trying to build on the builds, found their "loophole" and claimed innocence. Then when an innocent player is trying to build their buildings, they get punished, even though "spamming" was not their intention. The GM team seems to have given up on seeing through the innocence and just punishes everyone, from their point of view.
- no gold donated
OK, so for the multi-billionaire players, this rule would not apply. Fair.

-random names
Ok, so as long as my name looks good, I'm fine. Fair.

-no attempts to make them green
that's a black and white thing too. Sure, I'll just build it to green. Maybe level it once or twice to look legit. Fair.

Under these rules, I could easily abuse the **** out of it and get away with it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm You're absolutely right.
Let's just scrap the rule and go back to the way it was.
Because that worked.

How would you describe a "spam clan"?
Enlighten me.
You show up in an unknown situation, and you have to decide.
How would you describe it?
Oh, I'm not talking the easy ones that are "black and white"..
I'm talking grey area here.

We've all put some opinions in when this rule was being formed.
Now it's there - but that doesn't mean it can't change.

If you really have a better method, please share.

A spam clan is a clan that intentionally builds on or near any clan base that is not their own with the intent to pin down a clan by building any building/wall to block gates.

Building of towers and seeing them fully up and upgradeable nulls the accusation of being a spam clan, ESPECIALLY when said clan is actively building to achieve completion of any and all clan structures one has set up.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
quickshot3

Post by quickshot3 »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm

- no gold donated

-random names

that's a black and white thing too. Sure, I'll just build it to green. Maybe level it once or twice to look legit. Fair.

Under these rules, I could easily abuse the **** out of it and get away with it.

As I said enemy clan was offline so I took my shot.

I was gonna keep it going but when enemy clan got auto on me I couldn't reach my buildings. it was exactly at the range .

I stood no chance and I knew it. Sold the castle that was complete and I gave up. and surprising it's against the rules? I still haven't broken any rules. Sure my words may not mean anything but it's why I have screenshots.

It was just yesterday morning I saw GRUZ (mak228) clan . it had several buildings and walls inside of TFoW. and guess what. they weren't even touched. he just put them there and didn't even build on it. but right he gets away for actually spamming but when im actually trying use a strategy i get jail.
No one is loyal until they with you to the death
Keep the circle small :)
Never have feelings for someone if they don't care about you :lol: ;)
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

quickshot3 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 pm
MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm

- no gold donated

-random names

As I said enemy clan was offline so I took my shot.

I was gonna keep it going but when enemy clan got auto on me I couldn't reach my buildings. it was exactly at the range .

I stood no chance and I knew it. Sold the castle that was complete and I gave up. and surprising it's against the rules? I still haven't broken any rules. Sure my words may not mean anything but it's why I have screenshots.

It was just yesterday morning I saw GRUZ (mak228) clan . it had several buildings and walls inside of TFoW. and guess what. they weren't even touched. he just put them there and didn't even build on it. but right he gets away for actually spamming but when im actually trying use a strategy i get jail.
Yeah sounds "totally fair" "not guilty = guilty" "guilty=not guilty"

Bias is quite blatant in my honest opinion.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm
A spam clan is a clan that intentionally builds on or near any clan base that is not their own with the intent to pin down a clan by building any building/wall to block gates.

Building of towers and seeing them fully up and upgradeable nulls the accusation of being a spam clan, ESPECIALLY when said clan is actively building to achieve completion of any and all clan structures one has set up.
Ok, where would I find in the logs "intentions"?
How would I know the difference between someone with good intentions, and someone with bad?
One with bad intentions would likely try to pass themselves off as having good ones...

How about giving me a method I can use, that doesn't simply involve "take my word for it".
Alright, which GM was that reported to?

quickshot3 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 pm
I have no reason to lie.
This is in fact false. You're in jail, you disagree with the decision, and that is a reason.

You know though, I really hate this rule.
Honestly, I'd like to scrap it altogether.
But we all agree we need something.
To that, I propose a normal event, to happen on a regular basis - be it every month, every 3 months, or whatever.
Here's a hint:
Hint: Show
ft0122godzilla.jpg
ft0122godzilla.jpg (6.41 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
That will solve a lot of problems IMO.
Spam clans would become less significant, and active teamwork would need to increase - what clans are meant for.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Hmmm... I'll add my $0.02.
In this case, I think that the fact that the clan builds were being built, sieged away, and sold off once the player couldn't continue building would constitute a failed attempt to invade/build a map, rather than spam.
Even if it HAD been a spam build, the fact that the player had sold and logs actually had to be checked makes me wonder why anyone even bothered. How was this incident, which was already resolved BEFORE GM involvement, important enough to waste time checking logs and jailing players? Why even check logs if it was over?
Last edited by madmaniacal1 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnes Autem Uri
quickshot3

Post by quickshot3 »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm
DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Ok, where would I find in the logs "intentions"?
How would I know the difference between someone with good intentions, and someone with bad?
One with bad intentions would likely try to pass themselves off as having good ones...

How about giving me a method I can use, that doesn't simply involve "take my word for it".
Alright, which GM was that reported to?

quickshot3 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 pm
I have no reason to lie.
This is in fact false. You're in jail, you disagree with the decision, and that is a reason.

You know though, I really hate this rule.
Honestly, I'd like to scrap it altogether.
But we all agree we need something.
To that, I propose a normal event, to happen on a regular basis - be it every month, every 3 months, or whatever.
Here's a hint:
Hint: Show
ft0122godzilla.jpg
That will solve a lot of problems IMO.
Spam clans would become less significant, and active teamwork would need to increase - what clans are meant for.
Now it just feels like u called me a liar?
Just because I'm in jail and I think a GM wich u asked it was ardesia made a mistake doesn't mean I'm the liar. I've been trying keep calm whole day but calling me a liar in this position is not ok. Ardesia told me she checked loggs or whatever it is so how come u telling me "what loggs"?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 pm
bias
noun
noun: bias; plural noun: biases
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

biased
adjective
unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.

Your opinion, yes, but you don't know all the facts.
Nor have you seen all the evidence.

Each of these cases are handled individually, and every piece of evidence considered.
The closest to bias is: looking at trends of spam builders, and considering past histories of players involved.
These are techniques used in just about every form of rule enforcement, including law.
...kind of a way to prevent anarchy.

I would prefer you keep on topic, instead of throwing around vague slanderous remarks.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
So either you can be a part in trying to solve this problem, or you can go on feeling bitter, making vague comments - which will likely not end well for you.

quickshot3

Post by quickshot3 »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:02 pm
DwarfTank30 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 pm
bias
noun
noun: bias; plural noun: biases
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

biased
adjective
unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.

Your opinion, yes, but you don't know all the facts.
Nor have you seen all the evidence.

Each of these cases are handled individually, and every piece of evidence considered.
The closest to bias is: looking at trends of spam builders, and considering past histories of players involved.
These are techniques used in just about every form of rule enforcement, including law.
...kind of a way to prevent anarchy.

I would prefer you keep on topic, instead of throwing around vague slanderous remarks.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
So either you can be a part in trying to solve this problem, or you can go on feeling bitter, making vague comments - which will likely not end well for you.

I'm doing what I can keep my head cool. it's not easy when u walking around on 1hr sleep and you feel like u been punished for no reason. I want to solve this.

In my eyes it's

I built 3 buildings front of enemies doorstep.
I was clearly building it and I wanted get it high enough kill their cats when they logg back on.

So instead of whining about it why wouldn't they just siege it. would take them less than 5min to destroy it completely. And this thing going in my head " 1 week in jail for what? "Spamming? in my head I wish u could stop it lol.

I should get some sleep soon :lol: