Too many clan maps

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Re: Too many clan maps

Post by Ryaca »

Zepper93 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 am Well ry I agree with people using multiple clans but the decoration thing I do not. If they are an old clan and are still here they deserve to be there. If someone wants to take them down then it's as simple as sieging them away. And people can't say they can't do it because iv wiped clans alone befor it just takes time. And if u want that space u gota take the time. Also once the spaces are filled again with all clans that are not one person with multiple clans and is all owned by different people will put us back at new people complaining they can't build. If they really want a spot u do what u do in a mmorpg. U make friends u gather members that will join and gather the items u need and the good u need then make the clan and get ur siege's then tare them down and if uv made good high lvl friends or not u keep coming back till there gone. That's wat clan life is supposed to be. It's all fair in love and war my friend.
You have missed my point also

I do not want to take another clans base. I have my own base with my clan.

Rather than going into great detail like i have here in this post and another over again and repeating the same thing i will post this link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15283

I hope that you read through every post in this thread before you posted your reply as there is much reading

I have repeated over and over again that it is not about seiging. That is not the point i am trying to make. Your response supports some pretty poor behavior from players that should know better And know exactly who they are and know exactly what they are doing.

That seiging response answer is a cop out.

Its a simple fix it answer given by players who just want things to remain as they always have and don't really want a solution to a problem that many are aware of.

What we need is a required clan upkeep every day

Every day every clan building requires 5 planks and 15 stones for maintenance

Every section of wall needs 3 stones

Gold cost per day is 100 million or 500 million

If a clan does not perform these every day then it will add on to the next day and if a clan neglects their base completely then it will eventually be removed

This will weed out bases if in fact they are inactive

If not it will give incentive for clan team work and participation
BOO!:ghost:
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

No I got ur meaning ry. I was just commenting on the people who are new who want space. Ik u don't want peoples spots
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

I have read that discussion befor. And I agree people should not be having multiple clans just to have the space. But no sieging is not a poor excuse it is a core mechanic in clan life. I have been playing a long time people are not gana tell me it's a poor excuse. If it was one then it wouldn't be in the game because combatant wouldnt put something in the game that isn't ment to be used. Also say u fill all maps with only one person owning each clan what do you do when a new person wants to make a clan? Don't siege them? Just give them a spot?
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

Also I don't mean this to sound mean or hateful just my thoughts on the subject
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

It's all good zep

Everyone has a right to post their thoughts and comments here on the forums and i respect your opinion

That's what i like about the forums

All of the FT community can bring their ideas here right or wrong good or bad to help shape FT

I know that sometimes i can get really passionate about my ideas and even sometimes mistake my opinions as facts

I've definitely been called out on that before :D

I really just think that at the very least that a clan upkeep needs to be added

I'm looking out for the newer players that need to have an opportunity to build

Creating more clan maps only exacerbates the problem

But we are left here with a problem that i believe needs to at least be looked at
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I also would like to add zep that i agree with u on one of your points

No clan should ever be just given a spot to build

Establishing a clan is hard work and rightly so

Even newer players If they want to build should have to ask clans on a map of it is ok for them to build and then establish friendships and trust with other clans and make allies just like everyone else has had to

Establishing and maintaining a successful clan is hard work and takes dedication determination and commitment

The Commitment part of it has been abandoned by some clans i believe. This part i address in the words below is why i believe this

I really wish that players that have already established a clan base would not create alts and create other clans on other clan maps

This should be against the rules and ultimately hurts FT

But even if i don't like it I'm pretty sure that that part of the game will not change

I'm not even sure if my suggestion for requiring a clan upkeep on bases will ever be implemented

It probably would require much work

But no matter what i will feel satisfaction in knowing that i have devoted much of my own time on voicing my opinion and trying to make suggestions and ideas that challenge the norms of FT

I will NEVER regret doing that no matter what
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Zepper93 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:11 pm But no sieging is not a poor excuse it is a core mechanic in clan life. I have been playing a long time people are not gana tell me it's a poor excuse. If it was one then it wouldn't be in the game because combatant wouldnt put something in the game that isn't ment to be used.
This statement is ultimately not true

compbatant has changed many things in this game because players have brought up new ideas to change things that he "put in the game".

Also just because you are a veteran player does not mean your point of view is right

Whether or not you are gonna let people tell you or not is irrelevant

Time spent playing FT does not mean that your opinion is fact
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

I never said it was fact. Nor am I saying g because I'm a long time player that I'm always gana be right. My question is thus. All maps are full and no longer have any room and all clans are owned by different people. How do they get a place to build?
Zepper93

Post by Zepper93 »

Yes there are different ways for a new clan to build up. Do I think they should ask everyone on map? No no one geta to decide were any other person builds unless by force. Is it a good idea? Ye probably. But saying sieging a clan is a bad excuse makes 0 since to me. As logic in my mind it's made to destroy and to destroy buildings of other clans. But it's not a way of a new clan making a spot for themselves? Just as there are multiple different strategies to survive in this game there are multiple different ways to build. If I want to build somewhere and every single clan tells me no what am I supposed to do? Not everyone is as friendly as u or me. And people have different play styles. If there not cheating or going against the rules I say let them play the way they want and the way it's been implemented. As clans there is fighting and like u said they have to establish them selves. Sieging is apart of clans as of this moment and honestly makes perfect since to me that if I want a spot and that person is a mean person I'm gana take it. Y? Because I can. It's a game and I choose to play how I wish. I am not always right and actually keep quite 99% of the time and agree with u on most things but this isn't one of them so this will be my last post on this. :) Cause it feels like debate is turning into a fight and don't want to fight over something this trivial with my best bud in the game.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

No matter what zep we will always be cool with each other

You are the first person that I met in FT and you have always helped me

I will never forget that