unally by lords

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

unally by lords

Post by rearrow »

(Link to suggestions topic removed )
rearrow wrote:clan a, b and c are all allied to eachother.
clan b unallies clan c but notclan a.
clan b attacks clan c while they know duke of clan a is unavailable (asleep) . clan a can not defend its ally c. now.
only repair.

to solve this problem i propose that lords can unally, so clans can arrange to unally to defend 24/7 (lords in different timezones). only dukes can ally.

very frusting to see an allie being attacked and not being able to help.
Arashiko

Re: unally by lords

Post by Arashiko »

I have replied in that topic, and said:
Arashiko wrote:This is part of war tactics

Perhaps Lords should have way of waking up Duke? Maybe text on phone?

If its important, then it's YOUR responsibility to find a way to protect clan.

Just like the GM team have contact details for compbatant in case of a serious game crash, the clan Lords need a backup way of contacting their Duke.
Any further discussion HERE please. The topic in Suggestions has been locked.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

rearrow

Post by rearrow »

that what i did. but waking someone up at 3am every day isnt very nice. enemies know whos duke and can plan attacks using this knowledge.
also dukrs might be at work and not being able/allowed to use a phone. especialysince it takes time to find a gm.

honestly i dont think the gm compbatant analogy is valid. gms have quite a lot of power and compbatants work is ft. as far as i kbow no duke earns money by being an ft duke lol.

a past solutikon to this problem was several people having a dukes pw. this is clearly not an option anymore so im just trying to propose another solution.

If you have a good reason why a lord shouldnt be able to do this thats fine, but i havent heard one yet.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

If a clan allies or unallies another clan doesn't one have to wait until the next server reset before the action actually registers?

I remember once when a clan building was firing at me and we allied that clan the same day but the building wouldn't stop firing at me until the next server reset.
Last edited by Ryaca on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think this sort of thing has been discussed before (in fact I'm going to do a forum search after in post this), but I think it'd be useful if the duke had a toggle on/off menu for clan member access to buildings and different actions such as the one that rear mentions.

Edit: found it:)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13582&p=77273&hilit=Toggle#p77273
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

There might be good reasons pro and against the idea of allowing Lords request alliances removals.
It would be interesting to see them, and to see what clanned players think about it: you might post a poll, calling for opinions
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes agreed. The toggle on /off idea would b e good when 2 players set up a clan but only one can be officially duke. I should think the ally idea would reduce workload for GMs as well. Perhaps there could be an ally / enemy option for dukes?

I'm no programmer having said that:)
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

I agree this has been an issue for a long time. Im not sure i agree about lords modifying alliances but a menu for dukes to ally would be great. This way you could drop and add aliances on the fly. Plus would reduce the work of GMs giving them more time to find bugs and catch cheaters.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I have suggested it many times before, and probably others have as well. I would like to see a request button that only dukes can use on another duke - where they can send an alliance request (the same as a friend request or clan invitation). An alliance list next to the clan members list, where all can view, but only duke can click to remove one of the alliances on the list.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

BIG +1
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-