Buidlings to be Reworked

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Lestat

Re: Buidlings to be Reworked

Post by Lestat »

This here is only opinion from what I have seen .

There's basically two issues..

1 the "Russian side" works well together as a unit. They plan, gather, and put any quarrels aside. This makes them a large destructive group. They also use this strategy while building..thus building clans in few days.

2 the "American side" DOES NOT seem to be organized. Only a small amount come to anyone's defence. They have petty fights during wars.(this leads to " traitors"). Here they have the "it's not me, I'm not worried " mentality.

Perfect example...gut was destroyed..they had help defending by a small group. Only kilx,DH,halo towers were activated along with gut...this is because of alt accts in those clans(most low levels just used to Target and die)
Where was GODS and AD ? Did they not care their neighbors were attacked ? Or have these clans now become sleepers and as long as noone attacks them,there is no worry of towers killing.

U can't cry WAR IS UNFAIR when u are a small unorganized, poorly protected group.

* This is not directed an any single individuals*
Find leadership, work cohesively, use all available sources...these are how wars are won..not crying on forum about how everything isn't fair..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

On an added note...

Cotne...ur 4k mage kills my 1.1k mage...should I cry clicker...lol..

This thread is like saying...

That guy is stronger than me...please make him weaker and make me stronger...

And if mages are so OP in war...y isn't the losing side utilizing their mages more...if leveling is too easy..y aren't u leveling...these are available to all....not just one side
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I believe if there are maps that are filled with clans that have no activity on those mapsfor long periods of time that they are a waste of space and hurt newer players that want to build that are new to the game.

I still believe that clan bases should have required maintenance and upkeep that needs done every day of every week and if this responsibility gets neglected then towers and castles and walls lose health.

This needs to happen to prevent one group of players from owning multiple maps by creating multiple alts and alt clans and ruining the clan experience for newer players. The maintenance cost should be very high also. This balances the game and does not allow people in clans to be greedy.

In my opinion, One clan should only be able to build on one map. That means no alts and no alt clans on other maps. This would be better for FT.

Prove me wrong.
Ryaca_1
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I believe Seth made it clear on the 'more defined' rule on spam...
You CANNOT be DUKE ON MORE THAN ONE MAP. Anyone doing so is spam. This goes for alts. Now the problem here is this...if I have 2 devices (or more) and use different emails...I can get around this(depending on how well one can hide their identity)

Many clans are dead IMO. Just because there is members doesn't make it active.

Yes buildings should require maintenance. But can only be maintained by members of that clan...this stops allied clans from keeping inactive clans alive..otherwise we keep same issues as now
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Well I will prove that it is not.

Each of us is human and at any moment may not be able to play the game or lose interest for a while and take a break from the game to return.Why should a game make you play CONSTANTLY?

This will just make the game worse and many will simply lose the meaning of having a clan knowing that sooner or later they will lose it.Everyone plays whenever he can or when he wants.
If you are talking about new clans, then you need to create new clan cards for them and that's all.

How funny when you can come up with an idea that will do everything automatically for you and you don’t need to spend your time on it.*I can’t destroy dead clans because I don’t want to waste my time, please do so that they destroy themselves.*

But in fact, I have not yet seen more than one complaint from new players that they do not have enough space to build their buildings.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I actually agree with both Lestat and Maks on this. Both of you make good points.

Maybe the solution is to create more clan maps.
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I'm going to say a few things on this subject and leave it be.

As for FT war in general, my only response is that players are not meant to be the attacking forces against builds, regardless of class. The ability of mages to kill a build due to mass casting of a spell (regardless of build or player level) is absurd. Sieges are the intended tool, and have been since they were introduced.

As for the current war, the cohesiveness of those clans referred to as "The Russian Clans" are definitely more organized, both in attacking and defending. They are winning due to that, and petty squabbles amongst their opposition.

I still believe that warring is unbalanced, due to player level not being capped, but build level is. I also believe (on a side note) that player levels themselves are unbalanced, due to a flawed mechanic regarding experience needed to gain a level over a certain level. The difficulty in GMs catching autoclickers (regardless of who uses) is a MAJOR issue in game balance. These are the problems that, once fixed, will help balance the rest.
Omnes Autem Uri
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

MadManiacal is 100% correct.
Ryaca_1
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Yes mad, players having no level cap is a big problem. But even that being said, the either unwillingness or laziness of "one side" to level to the same extent of the other is another issue. We can debate level cap all we want or how exp gain is also capped , but in the end "BOTH SIDES" have the same opportunity here.

I agree, petty squabbles among "the Americans" have been that sides downfall for many years..I remember players refusing to help allies because " they had a member they didn't like" this is how to lose a war.. at some point,the sooner the better, they realize this the better they can defend and attack. As it stands now, there is basically 6-7 players(and their alts) trying to defend a whole map..where are all their allies ? Are the clans these few fight to protect dead? Or have their members given up so easily? If they have given up, why do the others fight so hard for their survival ? Allow those who chose not to defend die, and find new allies willing to fight.

Now @MrMak, if u only fight to reconsile an old fight(grudge) are those that try to defend their friends and allies, now on this list ? They do not attack for the basis of attack(they aren't at your doors) they defend only. Here is your flaw in your arguments..if your words are true as you suggest, then would it not make more sense to make allies(or at least a truce) and only seige at those clans all consider dead or traitorous to all ? This will clear not only dead clans but also those detrimental to the advancement of all clans. Also will allow space and a chance for new clans to emerge.

Now to rule breakers...they are in all games and use many different forms of cheating. They take from all, including themselves. They bring the enjoyment of others down, while they miss the true enjoyment of playing the game. The most we can do is document these people and report them. Many suggestions have been made as to ways to curb these players, and some changes have been made, but until they make the availability of 3rd party programs a priority(they would have to add a video section for streamers) then we have little we can do.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Lestat is 100% correct.
Ryaca_1