-1,2 gone, What happens here?

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: -1,2 gone, What happens here?

Post by Leone »

Ssephiroth was a pseudonym for madmikael, rather than madmaniacal.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13592&p=77385&hili ... oth#p77385
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Lestat wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Mr_Maks wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:16 pm All buildings will be restored anyway...
Yes,but bug abuse is forbidden.. breaking rules is breaking rules. It should be this way no matter who it is...
SK Clan was gone at 4,2 by rule breakers and cheaters and noone interestest at those time.
Now all talking about it. and what was at 4,2 map ?
DUKE of SK-Clan
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I am not against the punishment of the players, but I want justice to be applied to everyone and GM who violate their own rules as well.GM an example for players, and even if the administrator makes his justice without consulting the developer and not getting permission from him, this game is simply the end.
Can a game really allow GM to control the game and make it impossible for one of the parties only because one administrator considers this or that thing to be unfair?The administrator’s opinion is higher than the opinion of the whole game and higher than the opinion of compbatant if they did not even wait for his approval to punish players for a disputed moment that is not an abuse but is still a tactic until compbatant declares that it is forbidden.
Players must obey the new rules GM not confirmed by the developer? GM are also ordinary players who help the game, they are not much higher post than ordinary players.This is the same if I go now and make a rule and tell everyone to obey them.GM should not be entitled to apply the new rules that are created without compbatant permission.Or is otherwise this game will have no future.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1011

Says in the hierarchy that GMs create and edit rules. Debate away if you want, but don't act like it's something that isn't in the job description.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

You waste time trying to debate with him.. he sings the same song just with different tunes, trying to explain why its ok to break rules
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Yes, they can edit the rules, but would compbatant have written that he would not have been notified of the adjustment of the rules if he had allowed to do this without his permission?(This behavior was not authorized by me. The rules about clan buildings spam were not written by me: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16946
I didn't authorize them.Nobody asked about my opinion. I wanted to focus on developing game not on rules or different players problems.)

I did not write about the fact that they can’t do it, but I wrote about the fact that they can’t do it without the permission of compbatant, which sounds logical as for me.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Lestat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:40 pm You waste time trying to debate with him.. he sings the same song just with different tunes, trying to explain why its ok to break rules
Doesn't matter who it is. I don't know who is in what clans, what "side" someone is on, and I couldn't care any less. Here is how most clan arguments sound:

"You remember five years ago when you did..."

"When you were in clan [WhoCares] your side did..."

"We only attacked because you..."

"We never did that even though you guys..."

If you want to carry a grudge against a player or clan, go ahead. Far fewer people care than you think, but whatever you want to go with. Argue forever about past slights and perceived slights as it won't change anything.

What I am sick to death about seeing (no, I don't have to read it) is when anyone wants to use something that happened in the past to justify what they are doing in the present.

A person/clan who used spam builds before does NOT excuse you from doing the same now.

A person/clan who abused a glitch before does NOT excuse you from doing the same now.

Some perceived abuse of power before does NOT create a right for you to break rules now.

A person/clan who did anything wrong before does NOT create any sort of justification for future wrongs.

Anyone who wants to use those types of arguments should see how they sound with other rules.

Someone want to publicly acknowledge that they use an auto clicker now because they know someone who did before?

Someone want to publicly justify why they continue to scam players in trades because other people have done it before?

Go on down the list of rules, and does anyone want to admit to breaking them because it had happened before?

I'm going to guess nobody will start admitting those things, so why is it that some rules are considered different? I'm talking about the various justifications that are offered when they would sound ridiculous in other situations.

I'm not aiming this at any person in particular, but if it hits home for anyone they can think to themselves why it does.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I agree in many ways, but I'm just not able to understand one thing about the alleged abuse of the rules.
Actually, I am opposed to comparing the game with real life, but I see that many people do it and why i can not join to it also?
If a policeman destroyed several residential buildings is this not a violation?If parliament made new laws without the consent of the president, is this not a violation?In my oppinion there even don't need comments.

I basically do not understand what is happening with the game now and what will happen next.What will the new clan rules look like?Were they written by the developer, or were the rules made by GMs who had recently let him down?
I feel that if abuse of authority is justified, GM will continue to do everything to make my team play as difficult as possible trying to get the compbatant to do what they wanted to implement in these updated rules.
I'm too pessimistic about this?Maybe, but I'm really getting ready for the worst possible option because after removing KGB I don’t hope to get anything positive, although I still believe in compbatant can add positive updaites for all players.

Its difficult to describe people about what me and my team get emotions when KGB and much other clans was removed.But I will give an examples which can help explain this (It will apply to each player so that unclan people at least approximately understand this).
1)GM make new rule in which it is said that some houses bought for real money block the terrain for the passage of players and these houses will be removed.
2)GM make new rule in which it is said if you use character abilities to speed up your levels.You break the rule and you will be punished.It doesn't matter that before that people did the same thing, but now you will be punished because now GM thinks it's not fair.
At the same time, both of these rules were not agreed with the developer but were applied.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:45 pm ... {snip} ...

A person/clan who used spam builds before does NOT excuse you from doing the same now.
A person/clan who abused a glitch before does NOT excuse you from doing the same now.
Some perceived abuse of power before does NOT create a right for you to break rules now.
A person/clan who did anything wrong before does NOT create any sort of justification for future wrongs.

... {snip} ...
That entire post gets a standing ovation from this knight!
Well said SellSword
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If you want to argue if something was abused, go for it. There are plenty of other posts you don't refer to that put things in a different perspective though. But also, if a policeman destroyed several residential buildings it doesn't mean that the speed limits on the road suddenly stop applying.

Edited: Not going to rehash point I already made before...