So How Do You Refer To Others?

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

So How Do You Refer To Others?

Post by Barkley »

Just about every player in forgoten tails knows there are 2 sides. But would you refer to one of them as a hole?

Not to long ago there was a forum post by Seth saying that what they were referred to before needs to stop and is a violation of the rules.
But I get the point. Most people calld one side "Russian" but just about half seam to live in "Spain" or at least speak "Spanish". So "Spanish"? No thats disqualifying all not living in Spain...

Than the other side. Mostly referd to 2.2. While that's better it still doesn't fix the issue, what about the fellow -1.2 players left out? Some said "Americans" but that's again both false and also a violation of the rules.

You can't in all situations refer one side as "the enemy". What if someone asks "Who are the enemy's?". Here you say "Americans" or "Russians" or "Spanish" and you're back at the beginning and meanwhile broke the rules. While at the "American" topic evan that is a dispute. American is referred to people in well... America, but which America? The country or the continent (or 2 continents or which one of the continents)? What do you do if you don't like a person on your side? Calling them "enemy" makes it seam they are the opposite side but calling "ally" meaks it seam like it's your ally while in this situation it is not. So....that's a "Enemy Ally"? I think not.

Does anyone have any better ways to refer to it all?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Re: So How Do You Refer To Others?

Post by Leone »

Us and them?

Or, refer to players by their names or at least their clan names.

Anything that may be bordering on racism, stop, think about it and choose something else. It's not that difficult.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm always somewhat amused when people want to force a "two sides" system on everyone. Frankly, it astonishes me that people have a hard time picturing players who don't side with any group, but that could be because some people have an odd definition of what neutrality is.

To answer the question you could go with opponent. That isn't the same as enemy, and could even be a friend. You know, because individual people play the game.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 pm Us and them?

Or, refer to players by their names or at least their clan names.

Anything that may be bordering on racism, stop, think about it and choose something else. It's not that difficult.
Not making fun of you but do you think I can in the samll message I can send fit 100 people?
So cotne,Sapphira, Gutrot, crewz,rothost,Jenga,Stiche,Isoril, NightSahde,worf,maiden,steel arch,Phiso,Sipahi,omg8 and a ton of others did X...while I mean the whole side...or maybe just some of the side...

The fenix,ninja,Italy,Ichijo..... You get what I mean.. you simply just can't do it with that.
Clans? The DGL1,DGL2,LYR,MCNR,MRNR,MCR,ITA,lTA,ITAn,ITAc,RUS1,RUS2,RUS3,Ichi,GRUZ,KGB,Lev,Lev2,SLXO, D00M,Dom2.........And the other side...
No way you can pot that in a not silly sentence Evan if you disqualify multiple clans of the same person.

Us and them in my opinion fixes nothing. With us I may mean a smaller group of mabye 2 or 5 of the billions of others :lol:
With them... I may be talking about let's say 6 of "us" as the side but "them" as in I wasn't there... Or the opposite.. like "we had a fight", what you call "us" side could say "they had a fight" with both sides. That's also as confusing as before. What was "rus" baselcy noone cared till Seth said illegal. The other side never had a name I could ever refer to. I don't want it brake the rules but be able to refer to someone.

You understand what I mean? If you say it's not that hard than please come up with something everyone could agree on while it not being to display every person.

Barkley

Post by Barkley »

SellSword wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 am I'm always somewhat amused when people want to force a "two sides" system on everyone. Frankly, it astonishes me that people have a hard time picturing players who don't side with any group, but that could be because some people have an odd definition of what neutrality is.

To answer the question you could go with opponent. That isn't the same as enemy, and could even be a friend. You know, because individual people play the game.
Those Natural are well neutral. No other way to refer to them. And the Neutral side doesn't exist. Simply natural people. That was never an issue I think.

But opponent still doesn't fit in many situations.

And I agree, 2 side system is not the best. For a time I considered 3 sides. Dispute, dispute and 3.-3.... but that's just a caos, only a few natural (like 3?) and the rest totaly is not picking any sides, totlay not. But calling natural independent isn't right either. They ally who is on their map. No matter who.... most of the time.

DerKing

Post by DerKing »

You could meet up with the leaders of big known clan alliances and make up some cool names.
I mean, we already have for example russians in real life so that is boring. Change it to "Followers of the holy cheese" of something.
If that doesn't work i think enemy is just fine, although friend would be better.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

That's a good idea. Give yourselves nicknames if you want. You're "enemies" in a game, not in real life. Talk to each other here and come up with a solution! :)
Proper35

Post by Proper35 »

Barkley wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 pm
The fenix,ninja,Italy,Ichijo..... You get what I mean.. you simply just can't do it with that.
Clans? The DGL1,DGL2,LYR,MCNR,MRNR,MCR,ITA,lTA,ITAn,ITAc,RUS1,RUS2,RUS3,Ichi,GRUZ,KGB,Lev,Lev2,SLXO, D00M,Dom2.........And the other side...
I did not know that Italy was on the side of the Russian and Spanish sides. You're funny, Barkley.
zippo121

Post by zippo121 »

Хватит приплетать "2 стороны". Это просто создание конфликта на форуме. Италия никогда не была союзником для rus/spain стороны, Италия это нейтральный клан,но во время недавней бойни на 3.-3 они оборонялись и помогали союзникам на локации
Это такая глупая тема,ты серьезно думаешь,что это кого-то беспокоит? У каждой стороны есть своё общество. Русская и латинская думаю не будет переживать,ты должен сам со своей командой придумать врагам и другим другие прозвища,если это тебя тревожит.
Многие не делят вас на группы: американцы/испанцы/поляки/турки/немцы/португальцы(про две стороны, сейчас идёт речь про сторону 2.2)
Вас не называют определённо американцами и другими,даже не пишут 2.2 сторона
Многие вас называют "pendos" "пиндосы"
Если вы будете искать информацию в интернете,то вы не поймёте весь смысл,это слово безобидное,просто упрощает и не обижает никого. Человек не разговаривающий на моём языке не поймет это слово и подумает,что это плохое оскорбительное слово - нет
Это просто сокращает и не затрагивает более личные вопросы. Никто не может знать кто вы и как вас называть,если тебе обидно,то ты должен написать кто ты: американец/испанец/русский/китаец/поляк/немец/португалец или итальянец. Это не работает так
zippo121

Post by zippo121 »

LordSeth писал про "расизм"
Почему определенная часть людей до сих пор получает такой негатив в свою сторону?(Зачастую встроенный переводчик в игре плохо переводит слова и у многих создаётся разное мнение)
Я получаю дискомфорт от игры в ФТ,потому что такой "негатив" присутствует везде
Я слышал и слышу это от 2.2 стороны постоянно. Многие просто так пишут про расизм и делают вид,что это затрагивает их,но эти же люди в игре сами пишут это своим противникам. Постоянный буллинг от громкоговорящих друзей турков (неоднократно слышал в сторону моих друзей и союзников) и 2.2 очень негативная сторона
Пожалуйста не будьте негативными в игре. Люди играют в игры не для того,чтобы получать постоянный буллинг в свою сторону,они играют,чтобы расслабиться от реальной жизни
Будьте добрыми. Выражайте свою злость не в плохих словах и не в оскорблениях какой-то из сторон
Очень большая тема и можно говорить об этом сколько угодно,но не забывайте,что в игре есть кнопка,которая заглушает игрока.
Каждая команда должна решать сама,как называть других и как это удобнее,но не должно быть оскорбительных слов