few ideas about clan's invitations

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Re: few ideas about clan's invitations

Post by WARBRINGER »

What if a player creates a clan and all of its members save up funds, then the duke goes rogue and steals all of the gold? This is a likely scenario in my view.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

It's his clan. He can do what he wants with it. It would surely ruin his reputation and others would be hesitant about joining or donating clan funds.
I have donated hundreds of millions to my clan and I could care less what my duke does with clan funds. It's pointless to me that all of that money just sits there and cannot be taken out.
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Too easily abused. The problem is clan farming. Some clans will make alt clans and build only farms to gain gold. 11 buildings × 14.4m gpd (gold per day) = 158.4m gpd PER ALT. You think the powerful clans are agressive now? Give them this excuse to take over even more lands. The gold wouldn't be the point. The power that they would feel doing this would be all the reason they needed.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

To me, a duke not being able to access clan funds is like putting money in your bank account and not being able to withdraw it. Makes no sense. Kinda like buying a sleeping bag and sleeping on top of it rather than inside of it.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote:To me, a duke not being able to access clan funds is like putting money in your bank account and not being able to withdraw it. Makes no sense. Kinda like buying a sleeping bag and sleeping on top of it rather than inside of it.
This made me laugh :lol:
I cannot argue with your logic.
Oh, and to give my post a point, I agree... Dukes should be allowed to withdraw funds IMO.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
naomi

Post by naomi »

i agree too, but we need to abolish farm buildings...so that purely funds from members contribution can be withdrawn.
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

naomi wrote:i agree too, but we need to abolish farm buildings...so that purely funds from members contribution can be withdrawn.
If the farm could be done away with, I could see this as a good idea, or maybe not done away with, but repurposed. Perhaps a farm, or barn, or stable could be used by clan members to park pets, similar to how a house works. However, the pets would have to be linked to the player, rather than clan, to prevent players from parking real-money pets only to be kicked out and lose them. A limit of 2 clan-stored pets per player, regardless of which clan they're in, could allow pet storage for the average player AND encourage clans.

Oops... Got a bit away from current topic point. Lol
naomi

Post by naomi »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
naomi wrote:i agree too, but we need to abolish farm buildings...so that purely funds from members contribution can be withdrawn.
If the farm could be done away with, I could see this as a good idea, or maybe not done away with, but repurposed. Perhaps a farm, or barn, or stable could be used by clan members to park pets, similar to how a house works. However, the pets would have to be linked to the player, rather than clan, to prevent players from parking real-money pets only to be kicked out and lose them. A limit of 2 clan-stored pets per player, regardless of which clan they're in, could allow pet storage for the average player AND encourage clans.

Oops... Got a bit away from current topic point. Lol
wow...pet parking was awesome idea ^_~

IS NOW ACTIVE...
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Farms for pet parking is awesome... and if you get kicked or farm is destroyed, the Pets could "come find you", so no fear of losing for no reason ;)

Also, if gold can be withdrawn, it takes on more of a "real, phisical" attribute... it's gotta be stored somewhere, right? so if buildings are destroyed, the gold in them goes to attackers?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
naomi

Post by naomi »

wow,more ideas are coming....so nice ^_^

IS NOW ACTIVE...