a non clan attack

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: a non clan attack

Post by blitzcraig »

Yeah, that would be bad, but IMO that's one of the dangers of joining a clan (and you would need trust)

I like the needed in-game time for outlaw, the only thing I'd worry about is encouraging being afk, which is generally not the goal... maybe another option?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

blitzcraig wrote:I still say that it'd be better if you could not attack a clan building unless you were in a clan (they would still attack you though of course) AND when you leave clan, you are automatically outlaw (would solve a few abuse issues and it makes sense anyway)
This is a great idea. I support this.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote:
blitzcraig wrote:I still say that it'd be better if you could not attack a clan building unless you were in a clan (they would still attack you though of course) AND when you leave clan, you are automatically outlaw (would solve a few abuse issues and it makes sense anyway)
This is a great idea. I support this.
I admire that you're digging through old posts, and reading up on some of the history of the game....
But, wasn't this issue fixed last year? I never really got into clans (wasn't allowed to as a GM), but I think I recall reading about this somewhere...
But yes, the becoming outlaw thing when you leave a clan would be a good feature I think.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thanks. The other issue was fixed I think. I just really liked the outlaw idea for those that abuse declanning. I believe that non clan players should not be able to participate in clan wars.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

The only reason the high lvls unclan during wars is the colosseum mechanic built into clan maps, e.g. you can attack anyone, regardless of level or clan membership, without even having to worry about outlaw count. Unfortunately, the only weapon against such up to now, and only recently exploited, was purchasing PvP-protection on the recently unclanned hi lvl, removing their ability to enter clan maps. Sad, that one dirty tactic is the only defense against another. I'm not sure how this tactic stands in regards to the rules, however. The FT GM team will have to weigh in on THAT detail.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Unclanning resultin in outlaw status seems a bit too drastical to me, due to the fact that a player might have many legal and good reasons to leave a clan, not only the ones madmaniacal was fittingly describing.

How could it be possible to have the game check each unclanning case to be an abuse or not?

Do you know if the topic in this thread has been originally treated before the introduction of the 48 hours gap between leave-a-clan/join-a-clan, or after it?
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I'm actually talking about players that unclan off clan maps to cause others to go outlaw if they help their clanmates. And for players that participate in clan wars off clan maps so they don't have to face retribution from other clan members.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Yes, I see what you mean. I've even heard of players dropping clan mid-combat, resulting in their opponent receiving an increase in outlaw count. A 5 minute outlaw after dropping clan would eliminate that abuse of game mechanics.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Good idea mad.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

ardesia wrote:Do you know if the topic in this thread has been originally treated before the introduction of the 48 hours gap between leave-a-clan/join-a-clan, or after it?
I believe that this topic was before that happened vasinta.