Break warfare

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Trusted

Break warfare

Post by Trusted »

I think the game need a break warfare, because all players become to hate, please make a break.

Agree with me ?

Source of idea : Cleopatra in "off topic"
Unit123

Re: Break warfare

Post by Unit123 »

Forgotten Tales help section:
Clans:
Clans are ment fpr pvp, if u dont like getting killed, leave the clan

Clans are ment for pvp, clans are the best bit in this game, if ppl dont like dieing THEN THEY LEAVE THE CLAN
Contact me for any help
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

Unit123 wrote:Forgotten Tales help section:
Clans:
Clans are ment fpr pvp, if u dont like getting killed, leave the clan

Clans are ment for pvp, clans are the best bit in this game, if ppl dont like dieing THEN THEY LEAVE THE CLAN
I don't want leave the clan just make a break for 2 weeks (at least)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I don't think changing the game mechanics for a period of time is really fair..

For example:
I don't think the game is fair to melee. I want to use my swordsman.
How about a two week period where melee are granted a +3 to speed, double magic resistance, and a slow effect added to every hit of their weapon?

BTW.. just kidding ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

MadMikael wrote:I don't think changing the game mechanics for a period of time is really fair..

For example:
I don't think the game is fair to melee. I want to use my swordsman.
How about a two week period where melee are granted a +3 to speed, double magic resistance, and a slow effect added to every hit of their weapon?

BTW.. just kidding ;)
When one player are level 20 or more and want create a clan for fun (because it's the game) and get killed by players of the highest level in another clan, do you think it's funny? This clan war kill the game, all players will no longer love but hate, do not you think that if DOOM would be the highest level in the game it would sow terror? I have more than enough of this damn war ... I said stop. I think a lot of players will not agree with me and that I would search for DOOM but I said what I had to say.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I think that it would be nice if a level bracket limitation were implemented into clans, it could maybe balance this a little.

Lets say, each clan gets a rating.. the basic of it would be the sum of all members levels, and building levels. In this way, we could categorize clans, and each clan could only fight those in their own division.

I think this may be a neat idea to implement (and the basis for a clan ranking system, if ever added).

In the meantime, a level 20 really has no business making a clan; craftables are all too high for him to craft, and warfare is like you said, impossible. The only advantage is the /c chat... although, with the new message system, thats less of a necessity.

rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Clans are not for PvP only . clans are for people who like to work ti a common goal and have fun tigether. This often is war. But can be crafting. Building, or just social. Clan members even help and advice in real life situations.
War is a way of keeping scores and build clan spirit.
If clans are about PvP only I will quit ft.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

MadMikael wrote:I think that it would be nice if a level bracket limitation were implemented into clans, it could maybe balance this a little.

Lets say, each clan gets a rating.. the basic of it would be the sum of all members levels, and building levels. In this way, we could categorize clans, and each clan could only fight those in their own division.

I think this may be a neat idea to implement (and the basis for a clan ranking system, if ever added).

In the meantime, a level 20 really has no business making a clan; craftables are all too high for him to craft, and warfare is like you said, impossible. The only advantage is the /c chat... although, with the new message system, thats less of a necessity.
I agree with u MadMikael, Good idea
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

rearrow wrote:Clans are not for PvP only . clans are for people who like to work ti a common goal and have fun tigether. This often is war. But can be crafting. Building, or just social. Clan members even help and advice in real life situations.
War is a way of keeping scores and build clan spirit.
If clans are about PvP only I will quit ft.
I agree with your sentiments.. before I was a mod, I was in halo, the "Switzerland" of clans, very peaceful and neutral when clan wars were running. We worked together to build up, craft, and occasionally we were attacked and had to team up (usually it was DR). *sniffs with nostalgia* those were good times, and I do miss them.

Granted, I myself never liked the warfare part too much, and wouldn't have been in a clan if it weren't for the social aspect.

However, at the moment, clans are mainly for pvp. The idea has been suggested for non pvp clans in the past... perhaps we should revive the idea again. I am still in favor of it, and I would imagine if implemented, mod alts could join (I would, for sure).

In the meantime, don't quit over this. You know very well, this game is constantly improving.. and hopefully, this will be one of the next issues looked at and improved. Hang in there ;)

rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Don't worry I won't quit.
Still dont agree though. Look at raw now. We peacefully but still have wars. We kill Dr and they kill us but with respect. Drops given back and all. Its all about how clans and dukes see each other. Most dukes are team players or they wouldn't have teams .
So they can agree on certain rules and terms . ASLONG ASTHERE IS RESPECT.