nwew cave entrance c map

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DOOMBOT

nwew cave entrance c map

Post by DOOMBOT »

So how is it fair others get to blk entrance before any has even used it. Dead upon leaving cave 1,000 lvls. I dont get this one. OHH its the same as mods taking away everything you worked for in game. My bad. No need post on this just same old flipping flapjacks that DR has ever endured cept less DR ty suckas.
Bty rest gonna pay for it wpot. Enjoy my post. It has nothing in it youcan delete this time jaja. ;-)
blitzcraig

Re: nwew cave entrance c map

Post by blitzcraig »

I don't quite get the accusation on mods, but I'll still answer your question. The reason it's ok to block the tunnels is because it makes sense... let me explain: it is not allowed to build on a border because common sense tells us that we would have seen the tower (or castle etc...) from far enough away to not get blasted by it. The only reason we got so close was that the game has the world sectioned off (because most devices need it this way to run properly) so it limited our vision...it doesn't make sense we would be killed for walking up close to a tower that we couldn't see until we bumped into it. On the other hand, it makes perfect sense that you would get your head blown off when you stick it out of a tunnel right next to somebody waiting for you. Anyway, hope this answered your question. (As a side note, I don't know what you're always bad-nothing mods for, and I've got very thick skin, but it's even starting to wear on me... please PM about it so we can talk and I can at least know what you're referring to... again, not in public post, but a pm please. Thank you)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

I would argue that blocking a tunnel entrance is the same as border building. U can't see the danger, u just get killed.

There is this rule about ruining others gaming experience and I would like it to be applied more.
Especially in times if big change like new maps/quests etc.
At the same time I understand that these are also or very busy times (or rather resting after these). We don't know how much u do already.
But if u write on forum I would like a mod to think bigger then the cold rules. Think of the gaming experience and if a few should ruin that for many.

Sideline. Most of these 'blocking, killing sprees, ambushing at new maps etc can only be done by high levels.
Some of these complain about not being challenged anymore. Maybe there should be some high lvlmod accounts to challenge them. Might be fun for the mod too.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

We're actually talking about creating a clan to help ensure high levels have fun too, but obviously that's a very tricky situation because we do not want to ruin anybody's gaming either.... tough to find the exact right way to implement it

As for the tunnels, it's not the same as the borders... again, forget the game for a second and pretend we're outside walking around. It is VERY unlikely that we would bump into a tower or castle before we saw it. However, now pretend we're down in some caves/tunnels. If we climb up a ladder and poke our head out, we have no warning about what's there until our eyes have line-of-sight (literally) with the guy aiming a cannon at us... However, he can see us when the tops of our heads emerge... he wins

Now, back to the game... the tunnels were designed to provide an extra entrance/exit for clans strong enough to maintain buildings by the entrances. Nobody needs to use them, so it's not taking anything away from their gaming experience. Additionally, it should allow more clans the ability to build on that map since having extra entrances (including entire left border now) means more buildings are needed to protect it all, which is more difficult for a single clan

About the "ruining game experience of others" I completely agree with you. As a game moderator, I think the two most important aspects of that are 1: ensure players follow the rules and 2: work to help players enjoy the game ... the only problem here is that some players enjoy the game by doing things which other players don't like. If they aren't specifically breaking any rules, it gets hard to walk the line between stopping him from ruining another players experience and ruining his myself, know what I mean? However, after saying that, I'll say again that I agree, we need to enforce that rule more swiftly ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

maybe, if you cannot know about the dead consequence, when you exit of the tunnel, we could make a notification to the clan maps like "attention! you are about to enter a clan map and get killed." - would this help?
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Add a sign in the tunnels? Could work ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏