level clan playing field

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Asmodeous

Re: level clan playing field

Post by Asmodeous »

blitzcraig wrote:oh, and as part of the "solution" please don't overlook that siege weapon damage was drastically increased... ideally buildings would be destroyed by sieges in about the same amount of time as built by players.... encourage true teamwork in clans ;)
It honestly wont matter about the siege engines. You could bring several clans worth of siege engines. Itl end up as a waste of time on their behalf. If its 10x siege damage. Even 20x siege damage vs 10x hp buildings. Its still a whole lot of not much.

Not to rag on the idea. I know the games undergoing balance reviews but whats happened hasnt changed much at all other than destroying clan buildings being further out of reach by most people.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

just woke up again with the following thought.

make a vry hard to build clan based siege as i described in pet spells in suggestions.
give it a 0.1% chance to do 30% dmg to castle (not fixed hp) this way all lvls could be destroyed in more reasonable times. have to do some calculations for best % for chance and dmg.

im developing this idea furter as a combination of a very hard quest which needs to be completed by several people, crafting and stats.
name leonardo's balista

and make repair use up stones and planks stored in castle or repairing one, but at a lower rate (maybe one stone+one plank/lvl repaired). but first back to sleep.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

remember, in the long run, these castles (even if nothing changes at all) are a relatively short-term issue... I'm not ignoring it or anything, but rather focusing on long-term balance issues for clan buildings in light of ultra high level players ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Insider

Post by Insider »

blitzcraig wrote:remember, in the long run, these castles (even if nothing changes at all) are a relatively short-term issue... I'm not ignoring it or anything, but rather focusing on long-term balance issues for clan buildings in light of ultra high level players ;)
Maybe up ballista damage a bit more?
5000 dmg? So it would be faster, now repairers coming too fast...
Leone

Post by Leone »

This is prompted by someone saying earlier that being in a clan means more than having clan buildings (or words to that effect). I happen to agree with this wholeheartedly. Now - let's be clear - I'm no longer in a clan so out of the loop a bit, but still....a thought.

Do castles/towers generate gold? It used to be farms that did. Towers used to auto-attack when anyone outside of the clan approached, but they didn't generate gold. All that has changed now and you can approach clan buildings without any problems as long as you don't attack them.

If they don't generate gold, then it could be argued that they are just there as a display of wealth. Nothing more, nothing less. We now have the bank to store items so there's no need for a tower/castle for that. Strategically placed clan buildings are near spawn points. Obvious benefit there......then again if you're level 1000+ are you really bothered about the xp value of war dogs/spiders and so on?

In any case, at one point the DR tower was the building on the blue dragon map. Accessible to all but us in DR unofficially claimed it as our own. It didn't cost any gold, could never be destroyed and had as much xp from spawns as you could ever wish for.

So - my question, I guess - bearing all this in mind is - are clan buildings becoming obsolete?
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

in my view they are a symbol. like a flag. they are a way of keeping score between clans. practicly speaking they are not so much use anymore. but building and having them gives us pride. they provide a focus and a meeting point.

the blue swords tower did all that for DR too. but most of us dobt want to be at war constantly with every other clan lol.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

started castle busters topic in suggestions.
and cage, u were right there are better ways then removing all towers. I needed this dicussion to think of some.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm seeing two actionable changes to current game mechanics (many new ideas also, I'm just trying to clarify these two thoughts clearly)
1> siege weapons need higher damage output. (anybody care to do some quick, simple math and post it here to back this up please?)
2> buildings are too quickly /easily repaired. (is this true? would making it so they cannot be repaired while under attack, and requiring time / materials to fix solve this? what formula should be used? [x minutes + y stone + z planks to fix n hp of damage] or similar)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

blitzcraig wrote:I'm seeing two actionable changes to current game mechanics (many new ideas also, I'm just trying to clarify these two thoughts clearly)
1> siege weapons need higher damage output. (anybody care to do some quick, simple math and post it here to back this up please?)
2> buildings are too quickly /easily repaired. (is this true? would making it so they cannot be repaired while under attack, and requiring time / materials to fix solve this? what formula should be used? [x minutes + y stone + z planks to fix n hp of damage] or similar)
On sieges give me the damage one does. How many times per sec it fires. Ill run it through my formulas.

Building repair is far too easy. For lower buildings this is essential. For higher ones. It makes them pretty much untouchable. Repair costs seem low aswell.
Insider

Post by Insider »

blitzcraig wrote:I'm seeing two actionable changes to current game mechanics (many new ideas also, I'm just trying to clarify these two thoughts clearly)
1) agree, 5000+ dmg every 5 second
2) maybe need hammer, 3 mixtures and 1 plank for every 10% of destroyed tower?
So if tower has only 20% hp left, need 3mixtures hammer and 8 planks(+8 minutes to repair). And every minute it will have +10% hp ;)
And of course, no repairing when its under attack
P.S Mixtures needed to pay for drunken repairman's job. So it wont be so cheap ;)