Differences

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Differences

Post by Ryaca »

I've been considering playing the offline game when I am somewhere where I cannot connect to the internet. Can anybody tell me the major differences between the offline game and the online game? Like what are some major dealbreaker things that you can do online but not in the offline version? I know there are a few hardcore gamers that talk about playing both versions and I would appreciate your feedback very much. Just for those rare times when I don't get coverage in a certain area or am visiting relatives or friends that just so happen to live out in the middle of nowhere.
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Re: Differences

Post by madmaniacal1 »

There are several MAJOR differences.

1. Certain NPCs can be recruited. These characters increase your backpack spaces and fight like pets. However, they are only recruited once, and if they for you must reload your save file to a point before they died. You can have a total of 5 at a given time including main char.

2. Bank and tavern storage DOES NOT WORK. No update to this point has enabled them.

3. Much of the quests are incomplete in offline game.

4. Skills and joystick NOT ENABLED. Spells can still be cast from potion menu.

5. Craft up to 750 is enabled at blacksmith and witch.

6. No building OR FISHING, as they are not yet enabled.

7. No friends to help in-game. If u need something that is a rare drop or an in-game purchase, no other player to sell it to u. U must buy it yourself or do without.
Omnes Autem Uri
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Wow! Thanks for all the info Mad! So there are some MAJOR differences between them. I do like the fact that I can have 100 backpack slots. But no fishing and no crafting past 750 makes me cringe. No bank either. And you know me too well lol. I am much to impatient to go and farm a rare drop myself :D . Still, I think I will give it a try. Thanks again for taking the time to explain it to me.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Having a party of five characters allows you to farm drops much faster than in the online game.
It also gives you chances to work out strategies and tactics on how to better place and use your characters while grinding monsters.
It might lead you to a better understanding of online game mechanics too.

I agree with all points listed by mad, and would like to add the suggestion to often save your progresses during gameplay, and to be wise in the usage of the 3 saving slots. Use one as a backup every time you play, so to recover a dead mate or save your party out of too dangerous a situation.

Crafting percentages won't increase with practice.

Bank and tavern will not work not due to a bug but because of the idea that players already have 5 bags and need no additional space (or so was told in some old post)

You can't tap in monsters to get info, so have the monsters manual on your phone.

And BE CAREFUL when setting your party stats. The resettin mage levels you down a whole level each time you talk to him.
It might be a bug, since the dialog box is the same as online game (I already did post this possible bug on forum)

And no one will attack you :lol:
I'm sure you'll like it :D
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

ardesia wrote: Crafting percentages won't increase with practice.
This is true, but many offline players use the "save/craft/load on fail" trick to bypass percentage. This method requires patience, as the success rate still stinks for many items.
Omnes Autem Uri
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Lol Ardesia! You are right, it would be nice to not be attacked so often. In the online game anymore, I travel with no gear on with crocy boots lol. They ain't gettin my gear anymore lol! ;) I do like Mads suggestion about the crafting trick. Wish I could do that in the online version :) . The save advice will be well used. It will be nice to save my game on slot one for my normal save and use slot 3 before I enter a dangerous area in case I die or get all the way into a dungeon only to realize that I can't make it back out. I probably wouldn't use slot two so that i don't accidentally overwrite my first slot. I definitely like how playing the party of 5 may help me better to strategize in the online game. Ugh, no fishing :o
Twalt10

Post by Twalt10 »

will the offline game continue to be updated? I don't want to keep playing and then one day, Sorry Man! I could never finish. If it were me, I would have had a completed Basic version of each game. Then, if the sales went well, I'd keep updating both versions at the same time. Each version would get modified to suit its characteristics. But I would most certainly keep up with both versions.
just joe

Post by just joe »

The offline game is updated with the same content as the online game ( minus certain aspects, like the bank). It is not updated anywhere near as often as the online game, more as an afterthought.
The save/ craft/ load on fail works with grinding monsters for rare drops as well. The down side to this method is no XP for kills. I have used it to harvest Blitzbee Stings for boots. Gather a handful of of bees, mana dump until they are red, then save. Load game, kill the bees in a second, reload if nothing drops.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thanks for the tip Joe ;)
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

ardesia wrote:Having a party of five characters allows you to farm drops much faster than in the online game.
It also gives you chances to work out strategies and tactics on how to better place and use your characters while grinding monsters.
It might lead you to a better understanding of online game mechanics too.

I agree with all points listed by mad, and would like to add the suggestion to often save your progresses during gameplay, and to be wise in the usage of the 3 saving slots. Use one as a backup every time you play, so to recover a dead mate or save your party out of too dangerous a situation.

Crafting percentages won't increase with practice.

Bank and tavern will not work not due to a bug but because of the idea that players already have 5 bags and need no additional space (or so was told in some old post)

You can't tap in monsters to get info, so have the monsters manual on your phone.

And BE CAREFUL when setting your party stats. The resettin mage levels you down a whole level each time you talk to him.
It might be a bug, since the dialog box is the same as online game (I already did post this possible bug on forum)

And no one will attack you :lol:
I'm sure you'll like it :D
Actually the offline version has tab in the start up that shows the stats and experience rating for each monster you run into during the game. so the Manuel isn't necessary.

I mainly use the offline version as a reference. Its a good way to safely locate spawn points and find ways to traverse the map without triggering any of them. I recommend it for new players as a place to gain some personal insight into the mechanics, quests, shops, crafting recipes (all 100+ items are only availbe to clans in the MMO so it gives u an idea of what's available there), and grind/ spawn points. So you're not a complete loss when starting the MMO version.

Though there are many players who are helpful.. You also have to deal with those that are far less. A little foreknowledge never hurts.
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)