The rpg is still dead! :/

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: The rpg is still dead! :/

Post by MadMikael »

Detrix666 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:50 am I think many people are waiting for update for offline version. It's so many quests we can do or finish, so many monster's etc. GMs we need it so much 😖😖😖😖😭😭😭😭😭
Now settle down.
compbatant did make a statement a few months ago about it, found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14653&p=87351#p88177
that whole thread is about the offline version

He did take that vacation. And guess what? The MMO has been cranking out updates and bug fixes like crazy.
It has been an exciting time for the MMO (and it's not over yet, I promise!)

That said, I do know a little information I think I can share.
compbatant has rewritten major parts of the game code in the MMO version, and added many new things.
While it would be very nice to have these in the offline version, it's not as easy as you might think. Despite looking very similar, the offline version and the MMO version are quite a bit different. To bring the offline version some of the features the MMO has, he'd need to rewrite a lot of the code from scratch. Almost like making a whole new game.

Does he want to abandon it? No. He loves the offline version; I believe, it's what encouraged him to make the MMO. It's like your first real love - you don't ever want to forget it... but the tough decision is whether or not to go back to it. If he does, he would not take shortcuts. It would be a full time job for months - which would leave literally thousands of players without him for a while. It's not all about money - but keep in mind that he needs to eat and pay rent like the rest of us too. The rewards for such work would really not be worth it, and yet he still wants to do it. But he needs to prioritize. Once the MMOs are in stable condition, he may be better suited to make a final decision on the offline version. It's too risky at this point in time to dedicate all his focus on the offline version, I think.

Is the offline version dead? That is not set in stone. Updates are not planned for the near future, but who knows what the future could bring? Give it some time, show some support here; sure, express your interest in the offline version, and contribute ideas like we all do. Try not to be angry - compbatant is simply keeping his responsibility to all of us players; he does not want to leave us hanging yet.

I will encourage you as I encourage everyone else - show your support, your interest, and try to think positive - when compbatant is inspired, amazing things happen (as all have been noticing lately). We should all make more of an effort to feed his creative nature, and thus, we all benefit from a better game. The changes lately are nothing short of fantastic - and if this trend continues, hey, the offline version could very well be a possibility ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Detrix666

Re: The rpg is still dead! :/

Post by Detrix666 »

Thank you for answering my post. We'll fight for update offline xD
Why so serious, son?