My last gift then I quit for a while: XP & item new balance

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

0rion79

My last gift then I quit for a while: XP & item new balance

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi all.

After a severe reflection, I have decided to quit this game for a while because it has become a too great distraction.
Before I quit, I want to share with you a job that I did yesterday night: it is an excel table that contains a valid formula to re-adjust XP's given by monsters and propose a new distribution of items. It can be found in the attached file.

About monsters, I have seen that I could get a decent XP simply by multiplying the sum of their skill points + 1/10 of their HR per their medium skill score, even if It demanded some manual adjustment for weakest monsters. Now monsters really dive a fair amount of XP to offer a constant challenges without dead moments in the game and the player is no longer forced to slain yellow archers to level-up, but so ignoring most of the creatures in the game that are just too strong ad the beginning or too weak thereafter.

About weapons and other equipment, in most of the cases it implies simple a relocation of the in-game arts, leaving the weapon ID unchanged. In short, most of the item's values are the same, but the image and the art are supposed to be moved in other "slots". I have suppressed some redundant items or crazy ones (like hammers dropped by spiders) and applied a better distribution: from level 0 to 10 there is almost an item of each kind per level, from level 10 to 16 there is one every 2 levels, then every 5 and then every 10, which is much better than now.
What I'm proposing there is a raw redistribution with some values used upon mathematics calculation, other upon an intentional attempt to differentiate weapons:
- sword, are the most balanced and the level 200 one is the strongest weapon in the game.
- bow, slightly weaker than sword is ranged and pretty fast.
- axe, is overall more powerful but slower and its large blade may provide additional defense.
- blunt weapons do more damage than before (it was crazy!!) but do slightly less than bows, are slow as axes but are the cheapest in the game.
- Armor: they provide a bonus to attack and dexterity, since their fists can be used as weapons, may have spikes on their scales and allow a better dodging.
- Shields: now are used as a secondary weapon to deal damage and to absorb damage.
- Leg-armor: no news.
- Helms: they just increase dexterity because they protect from head hits and allow a better focusing on combat.
- Robes: they magically increase the mage's dexterity, to make the game more smoothly. Can tell by personal experience that the mage remains very vulnerable due to low HPs even with high dexterity.
- Amulets, boots, rings: not included.

Also items are divided by materials, giving some order, sense and "coolness" to the game, but be careful because the list may not be flawless: I may have made mistakes. Also, there are hints about how they can hypothetically be located in the game. One sample is that all those items in blitzbee island should me moved to another shop, while the blitzbee shop will contain only the new swamp items (preventing that nasty bug where the item that you need is guarded by monsters just too strong for you).

So now, if there is some good graphic designer that want to help the programmers, I am sure that all those improvements may be included and it would be great to fill the "holes" in the present game. Of course only the RPG is meant here, not the MMORPG.

I'll keep luring the forum though but I still want to wish you all a good Xmas and happy new year if we shouldn't keep in touch anymore. Enjoy!
Attachments
Forgotten tales new data.rar
file excel
(89.32 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
ogonbat

Re: My last gift then I quit for a while: XP & item new bala

Post by ogonbat »

0rion79 wrote:Hi all.

After a severe reflection, I have decided to quit this game for a while because it has become a too great distraction.
Before I quit, I want to share with you a job that I did yesterday night: it is an excel table that contains a valid formula to re-adjust XP's given by monsters and propose a new distribution of items. It can be found in the attached file.

About monsters, I have seen that I could get a decent XP simply by multiplying the sum of their skill points + 1/10 of their HR per their medium skill score, even if It demanded some manual adjustment for weakest monsters. Now monsters really dive a fair amount of XP to offer a constant challenges without dead moments in the game and the player is no longer forced to slain yellow archers to level-up, but so ignoring most of the creatures in the game that are just too strong ad the beginning or too weak thereafter.

About weapons and other equipment, in most of the cases it implies simple a relocation of the in-game arts, leaving the weapon ID unchanged. In short, most of the item's values are the same, but the image and the art are supposed to be moved in other "slots". I have suppressed some redundant items or crazy ones (like hammers dropped by spiders) and applied a better distribution: from level 0 to 10 there is almost an item of each kind per level, from level 10 to 16 there is one every 2 levels, then every 5 and then every 10, which is much better than now.
What I'm proposing there is a raw redistribution with some values used upon mathematics calculation, other upon an intentional attempt to differentiate weapons:
- sword, are the most balanced and the level 200 one is the strongest weapon in the game.
- bow, slightly weaker than sword is ranged and pretty fast.
- axe, is overall more powerful but slower and its large blade may provide additional defense.
- blunt weapons do more damage than before (it was crazy!!) but do slightly less than bows, are slow as axes but are the cheapest in the game.
- Armor: they provide a bonus to attack and dexterity, since their fists can be used as weapons, may have spikes on their scales and allow a better dodging.
- Shields: now are used as a secondary weapon to deal damage and to absorb damage.
- Leg-armor: no news.
- Helms: they just increase dexterity because they protect from head hits and allow a better focusing on combat.
- Robes: they magically increase the mage's dexterity, to make the game more smoothly. Can tell by personal experience that the mage remains very vulnerable due to low HPs even with high dexterity.
- Amulets, boots, rings: not included.

Also items are divided by materials, giving some order, sense and "coolness" to the game, but be careful because the list may not be flawless: I may have made mistakes. Also, there are hints about how they can hypothetically be located in the game. One sample is that all those items in blitzbee island should me moved to another shop, while the blitzbee shop will contain only the new swamp items (preventing that nasty bug where the item that you need is guarded by monsters just too strong for you).

So now, if there is some good graphic designer that want to help the programmers, I am sure that all those improvements may be included and it would be great to fill the "holes" in the present game. Of course only the RPG is meant here, not the MMORPG.

I'll keep luring the forum though but I still want to wish you all a good Xmas and happy new year if we shouldn't keep in touch anymore. Enjoy!
We ll miss u Orion thanks and come back soon