Forgotten Tales RPG 4.8 Beta

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

profa

Re: Forgotten Tales RPG 4.8 Beta

Post by profa »

0rion79 wrote:I have seen some new quests in one of the two new maps, but the one that connects the vampire castle with the silverwood one looks empty. Any hint about it? Thank you and glad that you have followed some of my hints.
Since it was intended for clans in MMORPG I don't think this map will feature any content in RPG. The same goes for the other two clan maps.

It's a pitty... we could have three new maps full of content for RPG. :-)
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Yes, I know but... after all, this is NOT our game...
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Oh, Ghandalf, I was wondering too... why have you made new items (like helmets) that provide a lesser bonus to damage than the old ones? Players are not going to use them: armor is a secondary value in comparison to damage and dexterity.
maxter

Post by maxter »

Hi, that new update is amazing thank you, question: before princess from quest could use sword now you can put armors on her but not weapon. If this was intended then i understand since she is quest character, but if not then it would be nice to fix it thanks:-)
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

maxter wrote:Hi, that new update is amazing thank you, question: before princess from quest could use sword now you can put armors on her but not weapon. If this was intended then i understand since she is quest character, but if not then it would be nice to fix it thanks:-)
yes, it is intended :D

@orion: maybe, with a stat reset, you can spare some armor points and have more strength? otherwise, maybe, we need to think about this again. tbh, i was a bit afraid about more and more extra stat points... level 200 item should give 200 points, not 200 and extra 100 dmg etc. -> older items had high extra stat points.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

I have never spent any point in armor: it is useless. Once you have a dexterity good enough, monsters can hit you only with a critical hit but, doing so, they ignore 100% of the armor value, right? So, it is useless.
Anyway, I tell you this: my party now is amazingly powerful and still has troubles at killing foes like ghost archers or red cyclops because they have astonishing HPs, armor value and damage rate. Taken individually they are no longer a problem but it is just impossible to swarm them because they take time to be killed and, when they swarm, they can still deal so much damage with critical hits that they will always be a threat. So, no: increasing bonuses to damage and dexterity for high level items is not a problem at all, if you just do it with a progression of 5 or 10 points per item class.

PS: have you increased the drop rate for ghost archers and other monsters?

EDIT: I want to make you a sample. The new Studded Leather gloves are nice and they give +1 to dexterity (like the old simple leather gloves) and +2 to armor, that is a nice bonus. Then you have created the heavy gloves made of iron or steel or whatever, that give +5 bonus to armor only: I am not going to use them, because any bonus to armor does not justify the loss of bonus to dexterity. If you have made them +5 Armor AND +1 or +2 (better) Dexterity, I would have used them.
The same talk is about the fire armor in comparison to the golden armor, that still remains the best; or the new golden helms that increase armor but reduce damage in comparison with the bonuses offered by the old and ugly but still overall more powerful swamp helm, that grants the highest damage bonus.

Other question: why haven't you included a faster life gaining in the new Thunder ring, like the Brass Bracelet? That would have been awesome.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

0rion79 wrote:Nice patch. I have seen many interesting new changes, even if I have also noticed duplicated items, in particular Blood Armor Pants have the same values of Conquistador (or similar) but for different prices. Please check.
Are you sure that these two?

280 276 PANTS Conquistador Legs ARMOR:55 PRICE:2000000 LEVEL:75
281 277 PANTS Blood Legs ARMOR:70 PRICE:2300000 LEVEL:90
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Hm.... got a doubt now, but yes: I remember seeing two pants with the same scores. If I stumble in them again I will privately message you.
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

compbatant wrote:
0rion79 wrote:Nice patch. I have seen many interesting new changes, even if I have also noticed duplicated items, in particular Blood Armor Pants have the same values of Conquistador (or similar) but for different prices. Please check.
Are you sure that these two?

280 276 PANTS Conquistador Legs ARMOR:55 PRICE:2000000 LEVEL:75
281 277 PANTS Blood Legs ARMOR:70 PRICE:2300000 LEVEL:90
Compbatant, I have found the matter. If you go to the city with the Colosseum (100 cold city), you will find 3 pairs of different Legs for 2 Million each, but with different values. Then I don't know if the game can't display smaller differences in price, but that is.

PS: why have you decided to make the earth gloves only for the archer?
Why no regeneration for the new thunder ring?
* * * * SPOILER * * *
Is the new teleports dungeon the "earth of the mountain" to be explored? If so, I hate you XD
Coyotemage

Post by Coyotemage »

compbatant wrote:Removed from shop :) and released 4.8 for everyone.
Win will amazon have the updated version