Characters

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Marquavious566

Characters

Post by Marquavious566 »

I looked on YouTube and found the location of the mage but he won't spawn how do I get the mage
James142

Re: Characters

Post by James142 »

you must first get the blue knight (he is located at the knights castle on the map with the mage shop with the scrolls and pets) you need 1000 gold to acquire him. Once you have him, make sure you have done the red and blue bracelet quest. then go to the spot right of kedington village and talk to him. your knight will leave the party and the mage will join, make sure to pick up the yellow flow spell that drops once you have the mage in your party
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
Marquavious566

Post by Marquavious566 »

Thx very much
VMacurek

Post by VMacurek »

Marquavious566 wrote:I looked on YouTube and found the location of the mage but he won't spawn how do I get the mage
As I play FT RPG, I found that white mage is quite weak - and usable mostly for healing with spell (but still it is not much effective healing), because it is difficult to heal with potion that person you really want. Both attack spells (green and yellow) are quite weak.
James142

Post by James142 »

Mage gets a bit better at higher levels ;)
The OG Rasta

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
VMacurek

Post by VMacurek »

Really? My mage is on level 52.

He has mana 62 at base and 153 at total (thanks to elite hat, diamond robe, mystic wand - and magic gloves).
I decided to invest also into dexterity and armor for mage (even if I am not sure if dexterity is something that mage needs here) and so he has them 30 at base.

And he is still weak like on level when I accepted him into group.
No visible progress in power. Other party members still kill enemies easier (and faster) than mage.

I have written excel file where I have base level of stat, how much it is increased (in other list I have how it is increased by each piece of equipment), total - and planned level. I found it is very good tool how to plan progress.

Only one thing is bothering me - that I did not get slow spell. May it be that then some enemies couold be killed easier.
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Cut back on dex for a while till he is over level 150. Build armor for a bit. He is a asset.
I started playing Sep /01/ 2012 .. . Still here ..
R P G
VMacurek

Post by VMacurek »

So, in FTRPG is mage's attack effectivity given by dexterity too (like in case of other ones) instead mana (how some hints try to say)?
just joe

Post by just joe »

In ftrpg mage has no dex attack. Dex only helps prevent him from being hit. Mana attack is not effected by monster dex.
VMacurek

Post by VMacurek »

Ahh ... That is very nice that high dex will protect mage from easy killing. But I wrote that he is useless in fight, because he is weak.

My group is currently following (I played some time and made few levels from time of post where I wrote about mage's level 52):

Swordsman (60) STR 20 (120) ARM 20 (202) DEX 86 (116)
Dwarf (60) STR 20 (120) ARM 20 (202) DEX 84 (119)
Ogre (60) STR 20 (85) ARM 20 (190) DEX 82 (117)
Archer (60) STR 20 (110) ARM 25 (155) DEX 82 (114)
Mage (59) MAN 70 (161) ARM 30 (86) DEX 36 (51)

the first number of stat is basic level, (second number) is enhanced level

And that mage has DEX on 36 is because in three last levels I increased it. Else I had plan to increrase MANA to 100 at first.