New map for outlaws and cutting down trees

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

New map for outlaws and cutting down trees

Post by compbatant »

There is now new map created for outlaws. The outlaw spawn there after death. There are pirates which attacks only non outlaw players. There is also a shop. Look for the new peninsula on the map.

The second change is that cut down tree disappear. The new tree is planted in the random position.
This was enabled on non clan maps. In the future it will be enabled also on clan maps.

Edit:
The pirate on chair don't have head. I know about it. I will fix it soon. He can teleport :)
Joe

Re: New map for outlaws and cutting down trees

Post by Joe »

So far this is very bad. Now high lvl wait there for outlaws to come and trees, this is another story. After 1 trunk!!! U need to spend 1h just to find trees and make planks.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Shop, can't enter due to extreme buggyness, buttons disseapear, no chat, no way to atk, laggs when u check map and goes blank, can't check inv, pirates also ATKING outlaws
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

terminator wrote:Shop, can't enter due to extreme buggyness, buttons disseapear, no chat, no way to atk, laggs when u check map and goes blank, can't check inv, pirates also ATKING outlaws
Just go back to login screen and login again to the game all will be OK (except attacking outlaws, I will fix it soon).
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Joe wrote:So far this is very bad. Now high lvl wait there for outlaws to come
There are 2 exits from this peninsula.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

After the years of us chopping on trees why now do you make them disappear? This change is a time addition to those who wish to build. Keep em coming we all will eventually give up due to the updates.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

A lot of clans built their territory using trees and rocks as a type of barrier... some clans might have now gaps where trees used to be and a hole leading into their territory

Are you planning on doing the same thing with rocks this would hurt some clans a lot??
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

This is going to significantly slow any form of building upgrades. Let alone creating new buildings. Finding 400+ trees for one trunk to fail roughly 30% + for making 200 planks for a building is pretty insane.

Dissapearing trees is good. But for FT how things are I really hope this is reconsidered. There isn't enough trees to fuel the clan maps and the current grandfathered clan buildings will be probably the only ones around now.

Please reconsider this.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

As a researcher, I think the trees update is very interesting, and I am curious to see how it will effect the whole game.
As a player, I am worried.

Items prices are going to change, due to different value given to planks needed for crafting; wood shortage will effect (directly and indirectly) quests progresses and their difficulty balance.

Clan buildings and upgrading are going to be severely affected, not to mention that there will be effects on settlemets layout when trees and wood will no more be a permanent barrier - right now that clans have already be striked by the in-rocks gap's alteration that opened passages where there were barriers.

Let me add that landscape is already looking empty and depressing, without all the trees.
The blacksmith map is now an open grass field; if we are going on cutting trees at this rate (and we will of course) the whole land will soon be treeless and less inviting for new and settled players. Research shows that humans need trees and green to feel better at ease, and we are going to experiment the lack it in FT as well as in real.

I join Asmodeus voice: please reconsider it, at least saving clan maps and perhaps speeding up trees spawning as well as increasing the number of trunks chopped from each trees.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

I disabled disappearing trees after cutting down. I am going to improve it and later enable again.
The tree will disappear after getting more than 1 trunk. Maybe 10 or something.