Changes on mute system

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gandalf
Site Admin

Changes on mute system

Post by Gandalf »

Sorry, we forgot to announce a change in the mute system. The muted time is now increasing with every mute:

1 mute: 1 day
2 mutes: 3 days
3 mutes: 1 week
4 mutes: 1 month
5 mutes: permanent

for us, it makes sense, because there is a better way to "understand" that being muted might be bad for yourself.
Also, there is no need to lift mutes in the future due to "OMG, I did not know, what was coming! I am so sorry. Please give me last chance!"
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
TheForgotten

Re: Changes on mute system

Post by TheForgotten »

If you want to say something say it out loud can't get muted there, don't say it in the game. Take out a word add another word and amazingly your not getting muted.
[AD]Ruchard328(168)[M]. Archer
Mortimore(95). Mage
GraveDiger(81). Death
Setrith(50). Sword

I may forget an event but I don't forget a name
josh50052

Post by josh50052 »

well maybe we should grant a last chance to some of the older players who weren't privileged to have a filter to save them for the occasional slip , i swear alot more now days working on a building site. its become a norm for me i do try not to swear but sometimes i do type faster than i realise :-/ also the filter need updating if i can say '*****' but not '***' thats just backwards considering gay is the right way to define a homosexuel yet ***** would be an insult theres a few examples but maybe we can update it. if dev or mod can send my old acc aries to prison i could throw out a few words see what needs adding into the filter? i can do french and english will of course need someone to cover other languages?

Edit by El Majo: Is better dont use these words in a public forum, included as example.
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

I can understandt a "slip" with the chat language. But after one or two "slips" the player must understand the chat rules and the consequences. I think 5 "slips" are too many slips.No one filter is perfect. The better filter is dont use this bad language at all, and this isnt from server side, but from players side ;)
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I am so happy to see that a feature I was a part of in the brainstorming stage got implemented.
However, I notice this post is already getting buried... and I think it should be more obvious as a deterrent.
Might I suggest, since this is an essential game mechanic, that it either be
1. Stickied, or better yet
2. Moved to the General Info forum

Thank you GMs for considering this.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Joe

Post by Joe »

Who said being muted is bad? I enjoy being muted for 2 years and I wouldn't change it for nothing.
levi pt-br

Post by levi pt-br »

Piffl / El Majo wrote:I can understandt a "slip" with the chat language. But after one or two "slips" the player must understand the chat rules and the consequences. I think 5 "slips" are too many slips.No one filter is perfect. The better filter is dont use this bad language at all, and this isnt from server side, but from players side ;)
I know a ACC that is muted, but in my country we have a lot of words similar to bad words.
Levi pt-br
Game Translator: Portuguese
Spoken Language: Portuguese, English, Spanish.
Links Úteis: Show
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

What does it mean to "sticky" something?
BOO!:ghost:
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Ryaca wrote:What does it mean to "sticky" something?
It means to pin the thread (original post and all replies) permanently at the top of the Forum, to make it easier for people to find.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.