Upcoming changes: Clans - Structures Upkeep

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

dragkardragcar

Re: Upcoming changes: Clans - Structures Upkeep

Post by dragkardragcar »

if this happens all may set bids to buy dragkar i wont spend my time or money on this game anymore if i work for 3 years then someone steals acc and sell buildings ok players fault i work for one more year harder and then game mods say all the work i just did was for nothing...
this is not for me
this game is turning from fun to burdon.
just joe

Post by just joe »

Let's all relax and think this through. The idea this thread was intended to bring up is maintenance on current and future buildings on clan maps. The idea is born from inactive clans holding all the available real estate on said maps without a plausible way of eliminating the inactive buildings/clans to allow for future clans and active players to be able to build. Am I correct so far?

I agree that a maintenance fee is a good idea FOR INACTIVE CLANS. If a clan is actively playing, upgrading, maintaining this should be enough to offset the 'maintenance fee'. The idea of depreciation is great, for buildings NOT being maintained. If a building is regularly being maintained it should not need additional funds to keep it from degrading.

Active clans who continue to put effort into their bases should not be punished by inactive clans trying to ' leave their mark on FT indefinitely'.

A second thought on eliminating inactive clans/bases is the siege weapon. It has a purpose... to destroy buildings. Why not allow it to do what it was created for? I understand that there were people abusing the benefit from the backpack storage given by siege weapons. I do not know if this was the only benefit from creating siege weapons, or if there were additional properties being abused. The changes to siege weapons seems to have eliminated this abuse. People don't craft them to gain unlimited storage availability, as I don't see them following players on every map anymore.

Is it possible to give siege weapons different properties on different maps? If a siege weapon is within X number of spaces from the building where it was crafted it wouldn't affect player walk speed? The idea being that the base that created the weapon of war was close enough to have manpower to move and operate it, as they were planning to attack a nearby enemy base?

If clan ABC created a siege weapon to assault clan MNO on map (X.Y), both bases being on said map, shouldn't it make sense that more persons would be available to participate in the siege?

Just my thoughts. I don't know if any of this is possible. I think the first idea is great for smaller clans and lower level players. It wouldn't require active clans to sell or be absorbed by larger clans. I think it would save a lot of people from quitting playing. People could still benefit from the hard work they have put into the game, without stressing on losing everything by not being able to keep up. On the same note, I can't say I agree with one person clans... the whole point of a clan is comradery, people joining forces for a common goal.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

We already have to keep maintaining our buildings to protect them from rising levels.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I've seen in other games where damaged buildings that were not repaired would degrade over time resulting in eventual destruction. Perhaps this mechanic could be implemented to help clear idle clan structures.
Omnes Autem Uri
kromelg

Post by kromelg »

I remember times when sieges were used really for attacking and destroying buildings.
Then buildings hp was increased 10 times, but sieges damage was increased only 6.6 (from 300 to 2000).
And people started use sieges only for store items. Then walking speed of players who have sieges was decreased too
and players stop build it. I think no one will argue that the siege weapons are not currently used at this game.
Also, the skills have been introduced, which made construction easier and faster. But mechanics for the use sieges remained the same.

In my opinion the main reason for the uncontrolled growth of the number of buildings is that any player can build,
but only a few high-level mages who purchase levels, able to successfully attack clan buildings.

Make sieges helpful - provide as to successfully attack clan buildings for all players before entering the daily tax.
And I hope that the players themselves solve the problem.

Some ideas for making sieges more popular:
1. Increase base damage and attack rate for sieges.
2. Provide ability for clan to create sieges even if they do not have clan castles.
3. Add new skill "Using siege wearons" that trains every time when players attacks clan buildings using sieges.
Each level of this skill should give bonuses to sieges damage and attack rate.
4. Add new types of sieges with improved stats. For example - magic siege, which is created from the magic logs and
meteor stones.
GAME TRANSLATOR: RUSSIAN РУССКИЙ
GAME MASTER (GM)
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

kromelg wrote:I remember times when sieges were used really for attacking and destroying buildings.
Then buildings hp was increased 10 times, but sieges damage was increased only 6.6 (from 300 to 2000).
And people started use sieges only for store items. Then walking speed of players who have sieges was decreased too
and players stop build it. I think no one will argue that the siege weapons are not currently used at this game.
Also, the skills have been introduced, which made construction easier and faster. But mechanics for the use sieges remained the same.

In my opinion the main reason for the uncontrolled growth of the number of buildings is that any player can build,
but only a few high-level mages who purchase levels, able to successfully attack clan buildings.

Make sieges helpful - provide as to successfully attack clan buildings for all players before entering the daily tax.
And I hope that the players themselves solve the problem.

Some ideas for making sieges more popular:
1. Increase base damage and attack rate for sieges.
2. Provide ability for clan to create sieges even if they do not have clan castles.
3. Add new skill "Using siege wearons" that trains every time when players attacks clan buildings using sieges.
Each level of this skill should give bonuses to sieges damage and attack rate.
4. Add new types of sieges with improved stats. For example - magic siege, which is created from the magic logs and
meteor stones.

:lol: Hey bud, that was my idea with the Siege Weapon Skill Lvl lmao....I don't care as long as it's heard, it's more reasonable, and sounds like much more fun.
Buildings Easily Destroyed as Well Easily able to Build Fast, sounds fun and a challenge without spending hours, days and weeks, to months to years....just building to survive a Clan against high lvl bullies lol. To defend it would take a CLAN not One Man, besides Buildings Defenses, which could include soldiers coming out to help instead of waiting to be killed by some high lvl walking by noticing your guard as bait and challenge. The Buildings can include upgrades for Range distance firing and Power against certain classes. Siege Weapon Ballista was meant to take out Calvary, Ships, some stationary Soldiers and stationery Siege weapons as well Gates. Catapults or Trebuchet is Ideal for taking down Castles and Towers....not a Big Long Stick with a Big Arrow Point...unless you were taking down the gates would you ever use a Ballista to plunge into the gates and pull the gates down with your men or your horses or whatever Beast of Burden to pull those gates down...this is WAR!! I am tired of always building and to just grind to upkeep those buildings is soooooooo boring, I'd rather Pvp and have fun taking down Clans with other Clans in Alliance and being taking down too by adversaries lol...And then Next Day do it all over again...now that sounds like FUN..instead of slavery for someone elses gravy train...lol
Please consider so many other possible ways to have fun with this game, Creators and Players and especially you Mods who also play another Character....make it fair and fun, not scare and run...

A Game is Meant to be Fun, but there must be compromise and plus the compensation we've all been waiting for as well the new players you promised besides getting us all to do our part to help it on Google...now you must help our concerns and make it fun for all...make it where everyone can be happy and have fun with new positive changes....cuz the time I've spent on here, so many good and great people have left cuz of just the Pvp, Grind, desperate for buildings and never get and so they leave or tired of building.....and with the upkeep it's going to keep a lot of us down and might get worse...

I still wait as well for the Archer to be fixed, as well the targeting system while shooting multiple enemies to choose from.

Make it to where No amount of Lvls and no Particular Class can destroy a Building....it takes teamwork to keep mates alive in real siege in real time, not one man. And Siege Skill requiring Siege Weapons( Ballista or Catapult/Trebuchet or even a Battle Ram!!) and Command Skill for Morale to help the Soldiers you buy to help take the Castle and Towers without fleeing besides your Clan Mates governing their own strategy or siege machine....cuz they got Soldiers coming out their Tower and Castles if they have any, besides Real Players Defending, with real time game alert notifications....soldiers can't sleep all the time...there's a War out there....and their at the Gates!!! Use the Boiling Oil or Greek Fire...Fire the ballistas!!! Launch the Catapults!!! FORWARD!!! ADVANCE!!! Take that ARCHER OUT!! He's killing our Mages!!! When is the Next Cool Down on our Oil Lord?!? When our Peasant fools fill it, if they wish to stay alive....but in the mean time concentrate on keeping the distance with our BeSiegers...Rain them...with Arrows...since you are in the Castle and have higher ground you got some distance now to shoot back at those Siege Weaponry Users....quick Before all is lost or pray we build another place some day and do it again...whoah that was quick and fun...no regrets...could be more to the story hahahaha, but you get my point...let's Have FUN!!

I think it is time to implement Steeds into the game now, so we can Ride them into Battle or another Steed to Flee from Battles, to Pvp or Not to Pvp...Hybrid Style, never limit yourself to one style...use your mind and creativeness or Use mine, I use to Dungeon Master for Years....I have many ideas to Rock this game, but you need to meet some players half way and not take away. Well, that is my Say....I hope and Pray for a much more fun of a game than it hasn't been lately really to be honest...sigh....Just make this game better than the rest out there, make it right for everyone here who has put their heart and soul, to have them look to a Much More Fun of a Game than Slavery and UpKeep.
Upgrades within our buildings sounds nice too, why should there be seperate buildings anyhow really for skill? Cuz in all actuality there is always a Black Smith inside the Castle and outside as well lol...this could be a Castle or Tower Upgrade...same goes for the Mage Crafter they all can fit inside a Castle or Tower. A Mage Tower could have Mage Crafter in it...A Regular Archer Tower with Black Smith in it...etc...there is so many ideas to solve these problems lol. The Farm Needs Customers to buy their Crops and Cattle, Milk and Eggs for Gold...lol Poor Farms...Nick got some good ideas, that could be tweaked a bit and would work too.

The Ability to have Clan Buildings on any Map but limited to it's numbers within Buildings equal to a certain amount of Members or Clan Investment in said Clan in order to gain more Buildings to Build within Clan as a Whole...but not on safe maps ofcourse...this would make the game so interesting to build and defend without bounds besides safe zones and map edges plus normal water and sea obstacles, plus you could have a building on nearly every map lol if you have the investment or better yet the Clan Size to build another build to promote recruitments but it would highly unlikely be safe by itself unprotected. But still be a limit to the amount of Buildings a Clan can have in the whole game world but no boundaries to build other than safe zones that you cannot....whoah darn near solved the clutter with this statement...
we should also get more gold back if we are forced to sell too, considering the time people spent creating these buildings for Clan Survival, if game goes the unfavored route that went beyond poll and game suggestions....and maybe a real compensation this time, keeping your old dedicated players and customers with something that would benefit towards the new ideas...in order to keep their loyalty...just a suggestion.

Anyhow, I hope for the Best of this game to not be, Tales Forgotten....cuz I enjoy playing it mostly cuz of the interactions and challenges dealing with real people from around the world lol. Would be nice to get some lvls for the Bugs... Mods and Gm's that I've helped find them and didn't always post in public forums but in your pm's....just been on my mind btw... lol.

Alright, time for some ButterScotch Coffee now lol...

See ye all in game, peace, laters,

Crescent Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

:arrow: Forgotten Tales 8-) Evolution 8-) for the Win :!:
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

NICKPAN wrote:Warning-
PLEASE READ ALL.USEFUL IDEAS.

Nice idea with points i will use it as another idea.. Also you forgot farm and barracks.
I think it would better like this:

Wall- 0 pts
Door- 1 pts
Farm- 5 pts
Craft buildings- 5 pts
Barracks- 10 pts
Small tower- 10 pts
Big tower- 15 pts
Small castle- 20 pts
Big castle- 25 pts

Every Clan Will Have Max Of 100 points.

IF 1 building isnt upgraded for 7 days, then it will daily lose 5% of its max life. So after 7 days, if the building isnt active for 20 days it will be destroyed.
If a player fix it. Then for the 5% downgrade will need another 7 days.
If the player let the building unfinished. Will happen the same.

ALSO
There can be a new page in clans options.
Which will show clan's buildings HP,LVL, And if it is unfinished.

Like this:

(Icon of the building) 'lvl' 'life bar with number' 'icon of hammer if it is unfinished' '!'
And if the building is autolosing 5% of life everyday
Then more right than icon of unfinished will be a yellow warning sign('!') (like these we meet streets) so we know if building is in downgrade 5% of life/day

Then a bit down. The next building.
If 1 page is full. Then up right will be → to go next page.
(Walls and doors wont be shown)

And up from all. At first page. We will see a points bar . maybe bar be a blue light colour.
Like: 0/100..50/100..100/100.
And ifbit go 100/100 then colour be red. So you cant build anything else except walls.

please I THINK THESE VERY GOOD IDEAS AND USEFUL. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ASK ME IN THIS TOPIC SO I ANSWER.
And pls all who see this quote and comment.!
i will quote these ideas because they are very interesting and good. and because i didnt see any GM response...
(about numbers they can change. this we want here is the system . numbers later)
Boo
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

My city falls in at under 75 points, what is unfair about that? i'm sure Raw could come up with an agreement between us on a better solution for our maps without taking unfair space up, perhaps consolidation, we lose several towers per map but the levels go onto the buildings that we do keep to make them stronger (and no taxes, now or ever!) , It's only fair, we earned the levels, if no mod wants to do the comparatively tiny amount of work but then agrees to rip that work from us, something is wrong there. To force us to play in this manner (paying taxes) is little more than slavery, Ok. i get it. Taxes in the real world are a necessary evil but to then put that burden on us in a game is just too much.
I'm sorry that I have been upset since I heard about this news but trust me, a lot of work went into it and I didn't take the news very well. The fact that you still haven't made a decision is the only thing that is giving me hope that I may be able to keep my hard work.
With regards to people saying that one man clans shouldn't exist, it's a bit late to say that now all of a sudden; when for at least the past 6 months or longer, on the google play ftmmorpg screen, there is a big picture of a huge city with bold, bright yellow text that says "BUILD YOUR OWN CITY"
which is exactly what I did, now a minority of people are saying that I was wrong to build my own city and that one man clans simply shouldn't exist. Well, it's a bit late for that.
We have given you plenty of suggestions that don't involve us having to struggle by and feel alienated.
I don't want to see the maps bare in 3 months because clans couldn't keep up and they lost their buildings and the clans that lost going on rampages because that's all they CAN do.
Even if you just raise taxes until the maps are clear then drop them again, people won't trust you not to do it again when the maps are full again so noone will build. Trust me, you're about to make the biggest mistake in ft history if you go through with this and all clans that have spent the last 2 years building feel exactly the same way.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

It is worth noting that, apart from more levels to keep it safe from the rising levels, my city needs no expansion area-wise whatsoever, it has everything I need in a more than fair chunk of ft land, not too big, not too small.
My 1bn that I had saved for putting more levels on to protect from rising levels, will now have to go on taxes and will last only 10 days if you go through this, but that gold took me more than 30 days to make, my highest level is a 360 swordsman. Under that, I have a 150 archer and a 150 mage. I don't have the time to grind all day every day just to maintain my city. And how am I supposed to keep the city safe from enemy clans if all my money is going into upkeep instead of into putting more levels on as It's supposed to be?

Imagine what level Ryo would be now if i'd have levelled him instead of building. If I'd have known you were going to consider this, that's exactly what i'd have done and I suspect most other people will do the same now they are armed with the knowledge that you might do this now or in the future.
We need to trust our mod team, not fear you.
receveo

Post by receveo »

Alright I didnt read through all 12 pages of this... But seems like an update to creat space for newer clans to have space why not update a new clan map im not sure guess thats to much work. Seems like customer base is pretty much agianst this... Not very active player anymore game has really gone stagnant tbh. Maybe instead of add this tax stuff to push out older players that might want to come back, but dont bc they dont see a decent update or something worth playing for we just keep digging the hole deeper by adding garbage that is irrelevant. Idk looked through forums didnt see many complaints about clan space but I might be blind to the subject maybe a list of clans arguing for space.....I remember older times in ft if you wanted space you would fight for it hence clan wars but we have gotten away from that.... Just give every individual player a castle of his own do away with clans altogether call it a day basically what we are doing anyways. No one here wants to constantly grind to gain gold to keep up building that aren't used for much more then team building exercise. If all the games going to be is constant grind for clan gold.... BORING :roll: ..... Move on to the next game with something more interesting like dueling for stakes, clan wars for prizes, interesting quests, better graphics, group boss monster fighting with bigger prizes as lvls get harder, idk seem like your focus isnt on customer base.