Clan-related changes: Siege reworked

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

kollex

Clan-related changes: Siege reworked

Post by kollex »

IMPORTANT UPDATE: REBALANCE

Damage from siege weapons has been reduced to ~1/3 (17/50)
Buildings now have 67% magic resistance.
Siege weapons output has been scaled this way: from level 100 to 1000 of the character, sieges do 17 damage per char level, from 1000 to 2000 - additional 8.5, etc.
Each subsequent 1000 levels adds only 1/2 of output damage as the previous to the sieges. So being a higher level matters, but not linearly. Lvl 10000 will only have 1994*17*affinityMultiplier damage in his siege weapon, while 2 lvl 1000 characters will have 2000*17*affinityMultiplier.

To those who suffered building loss, we offer a reward for being first testers:
you get 80% of all your lost levels to be placed in a building(s) of your choice. Consolidate in a single building or join another clan and be stronger together - your choice. You can only pick free accessible spots on the maps.
1 castle level = 2 tower levels.
Everybody had same opportunity to work withing this update. Some clans did what they could, some failed to. This was a measure of clan strength as a group and cooperation levels.

END of UPDATE

1. New trade is added - Siege Mastery. Progression is as usual, next level requiring twice as much effort as current, level 1 requires 500 shots with siege weapon.

2. Siege weapons become more efficient: their damage will now depend on character level: 50 * charLevel * classSiegeAffinity.
Their Health will depend on character HP : charHP * 3
Their speed (frequency of attack) will depend on new Siege Mastery trade, basic speed - same as before , 1 attack per 5 seconds.
They will no longer limit character movement speed, but they will not extend the backpack either, thus it will be impossible to abuse them as safe BP extension in dangerous zones. They will still count as a follower.

UPDATE:
Active since 10:13 12.06 FT time
DaHobbit

Re: Upcoming changes: Siege reworked

Post by DaHobbit »

It seems that only established clans can create siege weapons since a castle is needed. How about allowing siege weapons to be crafted at the blacksmith? This way new clans that form can attempt to overtake an area? Or create another crafting building where upstart clans can craft siege weapons? The blacksmith seems like a good map since it will take the new clans a long journey to get to one of the clan maps. The journey would be slow and dangerous, so it is not without risk to attempt this maneuver.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

These seiges are overpowered.
There're two guys just standing there on one side of the fence, not even doing anything, just standing around, and on the other side, a team of 6-8 people working furiously to protect their tower, and in one hour, they've managed to level up their tower 3 times....3 times in one hour. By 6 to 8 people. Is this a joke? How is this any better than taxes? We're still working furiously to protect what we have and now can't even level what we have because we're just defending, what happens when we go to sleep? All our towers are going to fall.
This is just another way to skin the same cat.
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

DaHobbit wrote:It seems that only established clans can create siege weapons since a castle is needed. How about allowing siege weapons to be crafted at the blacksmith? This way new clans that form can attempt to overtake an area? Or create another crafting building where upstart clans can craft siege weapons? The blacksmith seems like a good map since it will take the new clans a long journey to get to one of the clan maps. The journey would be slow and dangerous, so it is not without risk to attempt this maneuver.

Yes, good point if it's implemented. History note, not all Great Militia's made Siege Weaponry just from the Castle's but anywhere near the Battle they would assemble their Siege Battle Ram from the Trees as well some Catapults and Trebuchets from the resources around them if they hadn't brought some materials along.

I think perhaps a Quest should be Involved in Order for New Trades and/or any old Trades at that matter to spice the Skill Trades with Story Lines. The NPC's would give direction with own character of how to use such Trade Skills, with description of what you can do with it, inside Story Quest Lines...

Anyhow, nice updates lol.

Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

:arrow: Forgotten Tales 8-) Evolution 8-) for the Win :!:
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

We gave you the solutions but you seem determined just to take the easy route, and leave us to struggle, and worry about protecting what we're growing increasingly tired of protecting.

It seems like you're clamping down with an iron fist and just saying:

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. WE'RE HAVING THAT LAND BACK WETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. FORGET ABOUT ALL OF YOU WHO WORKED YOUR BUTTS OFF, IF YOU DON'T BUY THOUSANDS OF LEVELS, THEN YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH YOUR YEARS OF WORK CRUMBLE.

Edited by myself for innapropriate language.
Last edited by RyoHazuki on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

RyoHazuki wrote:These seiges are overpowered.
There're two guys just standing there on one side of the fence, not even doing anything, just standing around, and on the other side, a team of 6-8 people working furiously to protect their tower, and in one hour, they've managed to level up their tower 3 times....3 times in one hour. By 6 to 8 people. Is this a joke? How is this any better than taxes? We're still working furiously to protect what we have and now can't even level what we have because we're just defending, what happens when we go to sleep? All our towers are going to fall.
This is just another way to skin the same cat.
I put in a post before, with this Kind of Power, there needs to be someway to Counter the Siege Weaponry, because of Range of Siege vs Castle or Tower..., I might have suggested guards to come out to help, Stationery Ballista on top of Tower or Castle to fight Siege Weapon which both should have their own Hit Points as well to Repair them. The Stationery Ballista/Catapult/Trebuchet can be a Building Upgrade from within the Buildings Menu to help Defend against Castle or Tower Sieges from these new additions.

Only Comparision there should be is Clan Active or Not as well fighting to Counter to their demise.
Last edited by Crescent Q on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
8-) Crescent Q

RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

The solution to land issues isn't to force players to build more buildings (barrack) to protect what they already have. Nor is the solution to take the land by whatever means "necessary"
The solution is either, new map with new rules, OR, consolidation of towers, so we don't lose what we built, we earned them levels fair and square, now you just change the rules to force us into losing them.
What's wrong with letting us keep our levels that we earned but asking us to reduce our towers and land?
Crescent Q

Re: Clan-related changes: Siege reworked

Post by Crescent Q »

Until I can figure out how to get people to jump to some posts we've made on these same topics, I'm only gonna copy and paste parts of post I've made. If anyone wants to show how I can put topic posts to jump to, that would be awesome. But here goes a copied post. ;)

:) Keep in mind tho with this Range of Power from any Siege machine, there must be a Counter Assault against this Demolition Unit...Like perhaps an Upgrade in Defense Buildings (Castle And Tower, maybe Barracks..) that would enable it to have a Ballista or Catapult to Counter against the ones Sieging against the Castle or Tower with it's own Range as well for Defense against Siege Weapons. This could also be Manned by a Character as well to help accuracy besides the automation, without good accuracy and hits from an inactive Clan, it has it's weaknesses as well for balance. Pro's and Cons must be added, I see some posts, that are capitalizing on some of these ideas but there also must be a balance to it.

;) No Class, No Lvls should ever take out a Building without Clan Teamwork using Siege Weaponry(Period). It makes much more sense defeating Buildings with an Army with Siege Weapons than any Single Class or any amount of Lvls Skilled in the Only Skills that their Class gives them...There is No Skill Yet In Any Class for Siege WarFare against Buildings.
This should help Balance and help those smaller clans trying to build a building while creating their own diplomacy within the lands they intend to build, while the old and more established clans, can go ahead and use the new features of Clan Siege WarFare against Buildings with their Rival Clans currently at War. Having Building Upgrade Defense(Building Stationery Ballista/Catapult) against Siege Units to Balance and Counter such, with Pro's and Con's from either being an Active Clan or Not, these are going to get Cleared Up and Fast and Fun again.

It would even be neat and possible perhaps to have our Guards from our Barracks attack the would be Siege Weaponry Units too, it would actually be hilariously, a challenge too for both sides,in actual Castle Siege WarFare and Defense Counter Measures.. :lol: haha!
8-) Crescent Q

RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Come on, I've come up with loads of good ideas for this game, what is wrong with this one?

Coloured dots on map
Instant chat box on forum
Players have to stand right next to wall to attack

I could think of more ideas of mine that were implemented but right now I'm too busy trying to defend what I spent years building.

Consolidation of buildings is a far sounder idea than just making it easier to destroy the existing buildings.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Picking the easy way out is going to ruin the game for your most loyal players.