Clan-related changes: Siege reworked

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

kollex

Re: Clan-related changes: Siege reworked

Post by kollex »

naomi wrote:Kollex, see your post..
2. Siege weapons become more efficient: their damage will now depend on character level: 50 * charLevel * classSiegeAffinity.
-it was level base!!!
all 4k-5k players has 2siege now...its was so horrible to see that players walking ft around your base!
you could always have 2 siege weapons.
any yes, it was level-based. as are weapons and armor. as are all other pets/followers. but i don't see you panic about that for some reason...

someone suggested to implement different power siege weapons INSTEAD of current system. but can't you see IT IS THE SAME??? the original idea was to have several siege weapons, stronger and stronger with each tier, allowed to be built with higher and higher levels accordingly. but it was deemed too hard implement. so we got a new system, a BETTER one, because instead of a limited number of tiers (10 were suggested), we now have 1894 of such levels, that is all the difference there is!

and please read my explanation why it IS making life better for low levels. In the end we tuned the system (as we EXPECTED we would have to from the very start) so that ultra-high-level mages with sieges now do LESS damage to buildings than before this update.
naomi

Post by naomi »

yes, you are talking to low lvls here...thats why we are panic!
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Low levels because we spent our time being true to our clan and levelling the buildings instead of levelling our characters, now mods steal that time away from us.
Ruthless. Totally ruthless.
kollex

Post by kollex »

RyoHazuki wrote:No, it seems obvious to me what's happened here.
Kollex wants to ruin the game by enslaving us.
RyoHazuki wrote: Our buildings shouldn't be able to stand for 8 hours by themselves. He said it himself.
As usual, you choose to interpret it out of context. I was talking about your tower, and forces like the one that attacked your towers previously. I never meant it for 'any tower' and especially 'any castle'.

You so much like talking about 'work' you put into your buildings. Let me be clear: it is a game. you do not work here. You have no contract, responsibilities or salary. There are no obligations from game to you. This is your LEISURE. Let me give you a simple example, parallel from real life. You rent an apartment, and you decide to build a mini-house out of toothpicks inside. Your landlord does not object your activity, while you live there, but when the time comes to vacate the premises, do you expect your creation to last inside forever? It has grown larger than the doorway, you can not move it outside. You have put hundreds of man-hours creating it. But is it 'work'? Should your time that you personally decided to spend/waste on this activity be a reason for the court to let your structure to rest inside someone else's apartment indefinitely? And I am the insane one, right.
RyoHazuki wrote: So, I guess all of you with towers are now slaves to ft unless you just give up and stop building.
So, what next, what about when noone wants to build? i certainly don't.
You are alone in this notion, RyoNostradamus. I walk around maps regularly, and guess what do I see in last 36 hours? Everybody is building.
And guess what - clan -AC- has built 1850 levels of square towers in this time! Thousands of hours you say? Yeah, right. I calculated time required to build your 4k square tower levels with a completely new char in the old, slower system. it's 471 char-hours. considering I always saw you use 2 chars it's 235.5 hours. And that is the wrong calculation, on larger side. You spent less time than that for those hours, because of your previously leveled up trades of mining, tree-felling and buildings, while still being in a real clan, raw, because of new system, which hit some time ago and better building tools. So please don't tell me about thousands of hours. With the security provided by raw, LGND and DR protecting your little private space, you could have - and i expect you did - build it on background, while doing something else, like watching a TV series episode. You talk about years? Well, spread over a year this 'work' of yours is watching one 1-'hour' (40 minutes) episode of any TV series while also sometimes clicking to collect a stone or trunk, or to resume building process.
RyoHazuki wrote: If any of you players had seen how fast my 1.5k towers fell, you wouldn't either. It doesn't matter what level it is, the only thing that matters is that someone of k's of levels is stood there defending it 24/7 and that an army of workerr are piling stones and planks into the castle relentlessly just to counter the damage that the seiges are doing.
Somehow you are trying to forget that you were attacked not by 1 character, but by about a dozen. And it took them 3 full hours to destroy your work. With the adjusted values it would take them at least 4 times that. You see where I'm going with this? Seeing the FACT that -AC- has built almost 2k levels in last 36 hours, we can assume it would take them 3 full days to build 4k levels. Compare that to the 12+ hours needed to destroy it now, and tell me it's insane. Insane is the expectation that without protection and support (remember, you are the one that whined so much about upkeep?) a dead structure should survive for eternity.
RyoHazuki wrote: The buildings that trio are building now near the entrance to the island will essentially become invincible because they leave nowhere to stand without being attacked by tower.
And your solution to that is to get back to the system, where only a handful mages could attack buildings? Yeah, that is a nice and fair system, under which TRIO's buildings will fall, riiight.
RyoHazuki wrote: So, now, instead of several clans owning that land. It's been handed on a platter to whoever built their seiges first.(not to make more space for other clans to build as you claimed)
No one has been 'handed' anything. 10k levels (at the time of that fight) won a fight against 18k level. And they were also fighting a number of buildings simultaneously. Make your judgement based on facts. those 18k levels also had ballistas and tried using them on TRIO's towers, but failed.
RyoHazuki wrote: All that having been said, when you finally do realise that noone will build under your dictated rules of stuff having to be defended 24/7, you will (and I can almost guarantee this) be forced to reduce it even further, maybe even make towers attack seiges but the damage will already have been done by then, the only clans that will stand are ones that suck up to trio/rash/godz and ac.

When you do change the rules back (once you've cleared the maps), trust will be so much diminished, that people probably still won't want to build.
As I already said, people are building right now. New clans or those who could not because of lack of space and 'permission system' installed by a few top-level chars ( Isoril, Maiden W etc.). And with low-level chars having this power to fight buildings I expect the 'permission system' to break down pretty soon, because the ultras can lost their castles just as sure now, as can the low levels. The lows just need a large enough group for that. And I expect it will be quite easy, considering the tyranny of the ultras that lasted for months.
RyoHazuki wrote: Kollex, you're absolutely insane, thanks for ruining the game for everyone mate, we really appreciate you for it.
I give you numbers and calculations, I collect facts and make conclusions, you, on the other hand, spit out baseless accusations and like speaking for everyone.
Yet I am 'absolutely insane', and you are a bright light of reason in a kingdom of darkness.
Keep your faith, I stick to science. Time will tell who is right. No matter how much wailing is done by the dying self-appointed 'elite'.
toosh

Post by toosh »

In my opinion siege have to a large extent. Hypothetical situation: to my city walk mage 4k lvl and he wants to destroy my tower 1.5K lvl. Sets the siege and looks like a couple of hours, my tower is destroyed. Even if have 30 active people each approximately 300 lvl, I can not defend, because my tower dont help me. In my opinion, the range of siege should be scaled to 9, the tower and the castels can protect themselves with the rest of the clan. Please think about it, because now is many of situations, someone take siege agains walls and train to attack on your castle.

Regrads, toosh
toosh arch, lv 1000
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Yes Kollex, you're insane.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

The only reason clans are still building now is because they don't know how fast their towers will fall once Trio and Godz have finished with their towers which are in the only invincible spots left in the whole game.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Who knows, perhaps a clan or two will slip through the net and be able to keep their buildings, I can't read the future but I strongly suspect that only clans who suck up to godz trio rash and ac, and additionally have enough respect with the other high level clans of the game for them not to kill their towers; will be able to build, but let's not forget, it is these other clans who will have lost their bases that the land for them to build on has come from, so I wouldn't bet too much that any towers would survive, except for the ones that are in the invincible spots.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Let's not forget that they will also have to defend their new towers 24/7
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

In all fairness no map should b invincible to sieges if gonna b so strong imo.....if gonna rain he'll no one should b exempt right? As for wat kollex said almost all did bicker and whine about upkeep costs when I could have simply been tweaked with some productive imput......and now consequences are being paid....1 way or another it had to change...personally I would have went with upkeep...at least that way can put ur hard work in other areas