New feature: Trade Affinity

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cleopatra

Re: Upcoming changes: Trade Affinity

Post by Cleopatra »

kollex wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Sounds very interesting though I think a dwarf should be better at chopping trees. I mean an axe should be natural for a dwarf
I disagree: a war axe differs from a chopping axe. /lore/: Dwarves live inside the mountains, where no trees grow, they are best at mining.
supposedly they are also legendary crafters. Basically, they should be good at many such trades, but we had to sacrifice something to give bonuses to other trades.
I would have to say Mining and chopping trees should be dwarfs highest trades
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
kromelg

Post by kromelg »

Cleo, why do you think only about dwarfes?
Whats about others classes?
GAME TRANSLATOR: RUSSIAN РУССКИЙ
GAME MASTER (GM)
Crescent Q

Re: New feature: Trade Affinity

Post by Crescent Q »

Just wanted to mention again, Bonuses with Class Affinity Trades, shouldn't decrease Base xp from failing crafts...otherwise it's not a Bonus to lvl the lvls as fast as the other person, and soon after they will be lvl 10 Crafting while I'm still at lvl 7 Crafting cuz of Bonus Difference but they still get more xp than the Specialized Affinity Class Trade. I am finding a problem with keeping up with the affinity bonus if it decreases your xp gain from failures, it kinda contradicts for lvling it to keep your affinity bonus among other Classes...

That is my View on it and hope this can be changed to where it doesn't affect xp gain from failing crafts.

Sincerely to help improve and adapt,
Crescent Q 8-)
Duke of AofD
8-) Crescent Q

:arrow: Forgotten Tales 8-) Evolution 8-) for the Win :!:
kollex

Post by kollex »

Crescent Q wrote:Just wanted to mention again, Bonuses with Class Affinity Trades, shouldn't decrease Base xp from failing crafts...otherwise it's not a Bonus to lvl the lvls as fast as the other person, and soon after they will be lvl 10 Crafting while I'm still at lvl 7 Crafting cuz of Bonus Difference but they still get more xp than the Specialized Affinity Class Trade. I am finding a problem with keeping up with the affinity bonus if it decreases your xp gain from failures, it kinda contradicts for lvling it to keep your affinity bonus among other Classes...

That is my View on it and hope this can be changed to where it doesn't affect xp gain from failing crafts.

Crescent Q 8-)
Duke of AofD
it affects it only indirectly. it works like this now: you get (1000 - craft chance in promille) per failed craft. e.g. failed plank craft at level 0 gives you (1000 - 700) = 300 XP. Same failed plank craft at level 5 crafting gives you only 150 XP, since your chance to craft it is 85% now, and to fail = 15%. This is logical, because you can not improve indefinitely from the same crafts. At some point you just reach your peak with the item. The tougher the craft initially, the more you can 'learn' from failing it. You learn on your mistakes. But each subsequent mistake gives you less info than your first one - you notice biggest flaws first, then smaller ones and so on, until you reach perfection.'

So, while you might consider your trade level progression a bit slowed, but your overall gain from your slower-progressed trade is still larger than for the classes, who have no natural affinity for crafting.
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

kollex wrote:
Crescent Q wrote:Just wanted to mention again, Bonuses with Class Affinity Trades, shouldn't decrease Base xp from failing crafts...otherwise it's not a Bonus to lvl the lvls as fast as the other person, and soon after they will be lvl 10 Crafting while I'm still at lvl 7 Crafting cuz of Bonus Difference but they still get more xp than the Specialized Affinity Class Trade. I am finding a problem with keeping up with the affinity bonus if it decreases your xp gain from failures, it kinda contradicts for lvling it to keep your affinity bonus among other Classes...

Crescent Q 8-)
Duke of AofD
it affects it only indirectly. it works like this now: you get (1000 - craft chance in promille) per failed craft. e.g. failed plank craft at level 0 gives you (1000 - 700) = 300 XP. Same failed plank craft at level 5 crafting gives you only 150 XP, since your chance to craft it is 85% now, and to fail = 15%. This is logical, because you can not improve indefinitely from the same crafts. At some point you just reach your peak with the item. The tougher the craft initially, the more you can 'learn' from failing it. You learn on your mistakes. But each subsequent mistake gives you less info than your first one - you notice biggest flaws first, then smaller ones and so on, until you reach perfection.'

So, while you might consider your trade level progression a bit slowed, but your overall gain from your slower-progressed trade is still larger than for the classes, who have no natural affinity for crafting.
Well yes with those tables using Base Craft Xp 1000-, but you forgot to include the Bonus of Class Affinity. For example +9% added to the base, for example the Archer, with the 300xp gain at lvl 0 at 70% +9% affinity bonus would equal 79% only 210 xp gain at lvl 0 and at lvl 5 using your xp gain of 150, gained from 85% +9 % Affinity Archer Class Bonus it's 94% 940 minus from 1000 giving you only 60 xp lol.

After awhile other Classes can surpass indirectly through lvling over Crafting Class Affinity Bonuses...
Other Classes could lvl these Skill Trades much faster, making where the bonus, could be better placed otherwise without affecting Base Item Xp Structure vs Class Xp Gains.

Hope that's much clearer put, it wouldn't quite set us apart through the lvling process, and if this is a Bonus....it shouldn't have negative effects...but I hear ye, but less affinity students shouldn't progress faster than the masters of that affinity... ;) Class Wise lol

Love the update tho at a Successfully higher Crafting rate don't get me wrong lol.

Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

kollex

Post by kollex »

Crescent Q wrote:Well yes with those tables using Base Craft Xp 1000-, but you forgot to include the Bonus of Class Affinity. For example +9% added to the base, for example the Archer, with the 300xp gain at lvl 0 at 70% +9% affinity bonus would equal 79% only 210 xp gain at lvl 0 and at lvl 5 using your xp gain of 150, gained from 85% +9 % Affinity Archer Class Bonus it's 94% 940 minus from 1000 giving you only 60 xp lol.
your numbers are wrong, you don't get a static 9% bonus on archer. you get 50% of your trade bonus bonus. e.g. it's 0% at lvl 0, 1.5% at lvl1, totaling in a 4.5% bonus on lvl1 and so forth. you get additional 9% at level 6, not from the start
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

kollex wrote:
Crescent Q wrote:Well yes with those tables using Base Craft Xp 1000-, but you forgot to include the Bonus of Class Affinity. For example +9% added to the base, for example the Archer, with the 300xp gain at lvl 0 at 70% +9% affinity bonus would equal 79% only 210 xp gain at lvl 0 and at lvl 5 using your xp gain of 150, gained from 85% +9 % Affinity Archer Class Bonus it's 94% 940 minus from 1000 giving you only 60 xp lol.
your numbers are wrong, you don't get a static 9% bonus on archer. you get 50% of your trade bonus bonus. e.g. it's 0% at lvl 0, 1.5% at lvl1, totaling in a 4.5% bonus on lvl1 and so forth. you get additional 9% at level 6, not from the start
Thanks for the number correction. Ok at lvl 6 it is 9% which I am but ye still forgot to include the affinity bonus in your previous post...and still it compounds negative interest, while trying to gain crafting XP. I like the bonus but not the adverse affects towards work initiated to get xp compared to what is supposedly efficient.

The other skills either gain faster xp or slower xp as well by the way to lvl, by class affinity respectively, the crafting should be positive xp gains as well for Archer as a Dwarf Mining gain great XP from being Efficient, so should Archer with Crafting or any other Class due to their respective highest affinity in that given Skill Trade. Does that make sense?

Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Perhaps if craft-affinity bonus was excluded from experience gain (if possible) then it would be more balanced.
Omnes Autem Uri
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

madmaniacal1 wrote:Perhaps if craft-affinity bonus was excluded from experience gain (if possible) then it would be more balanced.
Yes. ;) Thanks, that's exactly my suggestive posts lol thank you, you got it nice and short. I've been trying to suggest that in many forms lol.

But I am glad Kollex made the numbers clear for lvling and how it works, that has been something needed to be explained in detail to players of given formula's at beginning of new update post for affinity trade skills.

Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

kromelg wrote:Cleo, why do you think only about dwarfes?
Whats about others classes?
Lol cuz Dwarf is the only class I play well...or maybe I should say "played"
Np kromelg I won't comment anymore on something I obviously know nothing about...(sarcasm :roll: )
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!