New feature: Trade Affinity

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

ardesia

Re: New feature: Trade Affinity

Post by ardesia »

I think dwarfs should have bonuses on mining and crafting instead of mining and chopping.
Basing on fantasy literature review, they are great miners and crafters, while wood is quite outside their usual reach or interest.
Think about the legendary gears they craft in all classic books!
It would be more consistent with narrative world
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
kollex

Post by kollex »

ardesia wrote:I think dwarfs should have bonuses on mining and crafting instead of mining and chopping.
Basing on fantasy literature review, they are great miners and crafters, while wood is quite outside their usual reach or interest.
that was my original suggestion as well, (1.25 crafting, 1.5 went to archer for other reasons), but I was overruled. one of the arguments is the axe-wielders also include vikings (freyas) and not only dwarves, and dwarves use axes :)

well, you can't always get what you want :) in this universe dwarves aren't too good or too bad with crafting.
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

ardesia wrote:I think dwarfs should have bonuses on mining and crafting instead of mining and chopping.
:) Dwarves and Freya's are great melee fighters, fighting with Axes...doesn't mean, that they are also automatically great lumberjacks proficient using another type Axe for Tree-felling.

;) Same goes for Mining, we all know they were Great Miners, but did you think perhaps, because they have had Crafted some Mighty Mithril Tools of Legendary Dwarven Quality Craftmanship, No Mortal Man can make from Legends Lore...? Probably was a peace of cake to them, the Right Tool for the Right Job equals Efficiency... ;)

8-) Using creative imagination, it could be there Quality of Tools that made them such Awesome Miners and decent Tree-fellers based off their History of Craftmanship Skills...so to a degree...I agree with the Craftsmanship, even if it means nerfing the Mining and/or Tree-felling, based off their Great Skills on Making Great Tools of Legend ;) lol just to balance and refine it

:) And it's true, I got a few buddies on here who have Dwarves, because of the Nature of Crafting out of RolePlaying we all grew up with and have grown to love, from many RPG's like D&D, ElfQuest, Warhammer, Forgotten Realms Gully Dwarves lol something like that..

I would suggest having the Tree-felling at either .75 or the default 1.0....and put Crafting to 1.25 Based on the Legendary Dwarven CraftmanShip dealing with Mithril....in Stories of Old...Plus they were great at Crafting Mighty SiegeWarFare Machines...they should or I suggest based off putting Tree-felling to .75 or default 1.0, I suggest Dwarves having the Default 1.0 on Siege Warfare.....ever played Warhammer? Dwarves vs. Men, they both had their own equally strong war machines.

So it would look like this I guess, plus I added other variations after this first one to help balance and refine it a bit for everyone's tastes including the Creators & Developers hopefully lol:

Dwarf1: Mining: 1.5 Tree-felling: .75 Fishing: .5 Building: 1.0 Crafting: 1.25 Siege: 1.0
or
Dwarf2: Mining: 1.0 Tree-felling: 1.0 Fishing: .5 Building: 1.5 Crafting: 1.25 Siege: .75
or
Dwarf3: Mining: .75 Tree-felling: 1.0 Fishing: 1.0 Building: 1.25 Crafing: 1.5 Siege: .5
or
Dwarf4: Mining: 1.0 Tree-felling: .5 Fishing: .75 Building: 1.0 Crafting: 1.25 Siege: 1.5
or
Dwarf5: Mining: .5 Tree-felling: .75 Fishing: 1.0 Building: 1.25 Crafting: 1.5 Siege: 1.0

I don't have a Dwarf or Freya, but if I were to choose, I would be leaning towards Dwarf2, Dwarf3 or Dwarf5...lol Only cuz I know my tools will make up for the Slack :lol:
~But honestly I have no Dwarf and have no intentions on making one either, those short stubby triathlon running legs lol... But if I did, I would want that Elder Dwarf Skin Look hahaha, it's looks sharp and Royal, like a Royal Defender of the Dwarven Kingdom of Osgorath or Dwarf King. The Skin just looks kool, if ye haven't checked out the posts for the skins, I recommend so and get involved, there is a lot of kool stuff on it's way and we all can be a part of that as well.

;) If most players could post here on Forums, for their Dwarf's sake, lol it would be great for voices inputs to be heard....of "What Kind of Dwarf Are You?"

:? There could be other combo's, perhaps another could make theirs and share on here too, but gotta be realistic cuz I see where Developers are coming from with balancing the game with classes to be able to work hand in hand with other characters with their own differences...one class is needing another class for help or aim to work together, brings interactions and trades amongst people around the world, making a flowing economy inside this game. People(Classes) needing People to further their Goals for themselves, for their buddies, for their Clan mates and others new to the game or who need help.

Take care mates, please, debate with respect for one another and Most Importantly Let's have "FUN"...Peace!
Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

:arrow: Forgotten Tales 8-) Evolution 8-) for the Win :!:
benbaggen

Post by benbaggen »

This is a good idea but you got to take in account,thise of us who have been playin for years are now forced into a clan role based on there class
benbaggen

Post by benbaggen »

Might i suggest skill points so when u lvl a skill u get points u can put how u c fit like character stats this would fix any problems people have with this system u have put in place
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

benbaggen wrote:Might i suggest skill points so when u lvl a skill u get points u can put how u c fit like character stats this would fix any problems people have with this system u have put in place
If this were implemented, I would be able to chop wood to lvl my mining. This seems counterproductive to even having separate skills imo.
Omnes Autem Uri
Crescent Q

Post by Crescent Q »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
benbaggen wrote:Might i suggest skill points so when u lvl a skill u get points u can put how u c fit like character stats this would fix any problems people have with this system u have put in place
If this were implemented, I would be able to chop wood to lvl my mining. This seems counterproductive to even having separate skills imo.
I think what benbaggen, meant to say Everytime Your Character Lvls not by Skill Trade, is when you would earn Skill Points that you could put point towards your Affinity Skills list, on that particular set of Skill Trade or however you'd want.

Many games have implemented this Style in the past using Class Affinity and Personal Character Lvls gaining Skill points and distributes how the Player wants his Character to be more Proficient at, based off Player Style using that particular Race or Class. Hope that clears what benbaggen was getting at.

The system we have now is easily implemented by our Developers and Creator based on their Knowledgeable Skills and it's working without too much overload to game engine, just like the Siege being refined...which got reworked and they found a better solution but let me add, they are refining and retuning all the time.

We as Players are needed by the Creator and Developers for Crucial FeedBack and without players feedback, solutions cannot come abouts so easily.
So Everyone, feel good about Yourselves, We Are All Important and We are all on the same Boat outside the ingame, in here Forums trying to help Create, Contrast, Communicate, Collaborate, Community, We all are Special and Specialized to Grow in the Game or Grow the Game We love to Play as Well having "FUN" doing so.

benbaggen, The System in Place is not my doing...lol...my previous post was to get Dwarves involved, to say their own peace towards Class Affinity Skills involving Crafting as one of there better attributes. Like I said I have no Dwarf, no personal interests, just thinking about the Game and the Dwarves who play in it, stepping outside my Skeleton Archer, for others and their feelings, I care, even for my enemies, who are an adversity of Challenges lol.

But now, since you've brought to my attention, these various Dwarven Affinity Skills, could help compliment the New Skins that are out, even for other Classes...each one could be a Different type of Dwarf...with Affinity Skills for that very type of Dwarf...And so on with many other Races and Classes.

This sounds like a future update but being a long player like you are ben and some others on here, not counting me...You all might know how far this Game can be pushed and what our Game Developers are capable of.

Slowly but surely this game will get more technical, but right now we can only Work with what we are seeing Present along with the Game Developers, Mods and Creator...and that is Awesome, we are let do so, getting involved...
Which brings me to my thoughts of ever trying to get more People to Register on Forums and Say their peace or pieces of Creativity as well good friendly debates thinking for all in this game as well the Health and Integrity of everyone's Interests....as well the Games Best Interests and Most Importantly Everyone having "FUN"!

Take care everyone, time to play a bit lol and have some fun.
Q 8-)
8-) Crescent Q

:arrow: Forgotten Tales 8-) Evolution 8-) for the Win :!:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Thanks Q. Now I get what ben meant. I meant no harm. I've seen similar mechanics before, as well.
Omnes Autem Uri
zarovich

Post by zarovich »

How do you know what level your skill is at?

Nevermind, I found it.
Leone

Post by Leone »

kollex wrote:Due to natural Affinity every class now will become more or less efficient with different trades: mining, tree felling, fishing, building, crafting and siege mastery.
For each class 2 trades will become more natural and easy, 2 will become more difficult and taxing, 2 will remain the same.

UPDATE:
Active since 10:13 FT time 12.06
Corrected class / trade affinity table *
SS 2016-06-12 21 07 00.jpg
* Higher numbers mean the class is better at a trade, lower- worse, 1 = default value
Any chance this table could be made a sticky post? It's very useful.