Clan buildings and sieges big balance update

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Clan buildings and sieges big balance update

Post by compbatant »

Finally we announce the big balance update for clan buildings and sieging.

tl;dr:
Times needed to build / destroy / repair any defensive building have been tuned to scale 100% / 75% / 50% respectively.
E.g. if it takes 100 char-hours to build a tower/castle, it will now take 75 char-hours to destroy it and 50 hours to repair it from almost completely destroyed state.

Longer explanation:
I. Sieges.
We introduce 2 siege weapons:

1. Short range siege weapon - has to be placed inside the reach of towers/castles, has a static amount of HP and infinite ammo.
2. Long range siege weapon - can shoot outside the reach of towers/castles, but needs stone missiles to shoot. Has relatively low HP, will easily die from a leveled tower/castle, if placed inside the protected range.

No siege weapon stats depend on owner level/HP etc.
They can now be crafted in any castle or tower variation.

Both siege weapons have same damage output, the number of shots per missile and HP of the tougher one are calculated so that owner would operate them 1/2 of the time, spending the other half for letting the tougher one heal or go to blacksmith and craft new missiles for the long-range one.

II. Castles / towers.
We have a number of changes here too:
- castles have a bit better resource/HP-damage ratio (~1.1*) than towers, but have smaller range;
- all buildings have now quite high Magic Resistance and Damage Resistance, applied to damage done by characters directly - it is done so that main weapons of attack will be siege weapons, while characters are playing the support role in PvB;
- Big Castle and Square Tower do more damage to enemies than Tough (regular) Castle and Round Tower respectively, but...
- Tough Castle and Round Tower have more HP than their counterparts;
- Big Castle and Square Tower are more resistant to mundane damage, while
- Tough Castle and Round Tower are more resistant to Magic damage;
- resources required to repair the structures will amount to 1/2 of what was required to build them (depending on the level of damage, of course, 1/2 is form almost destroyed, if destroyed to 1/2 the resources required will be 1/4 etc.)

These changes will be enabled in the next few days. I can't give you exact date because I need the whole day free to fix any potential bugs and I don't know when I have such day ;)
RyoHazuki

Re: Clan buildings and sieges big balance update

Post by RyoHazuki »

Want to know what I did with my day?
No?
Well, I'm going to tell you anyway.
I spent my whole day inside my house (the weather outside was beautiful, btw.)helping my arch enemies improve their siege level because they have nothing better to do.
They have nothing better to do than to improve their siege ability because you gave them an invincible map. We have nothing to keep them busy with because we can't stand anywhere with our sieges, and the only thing they have to do is make our lives a misery. They destroyed my city and you honoured that over the months of work I put in. They destroyed many other cities because you didn't think of the consequences of the previous update.
You need to come up with something better than this Mateusz. You can't just give a clan an invincible map and have us building all day just because other clans want to improve their siege ability. We have a life too you know. We have days when we don't know when we're going to be able to get stuff done too and it's because of your inconsiderate updates.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Call me a complainer but you need to actually suffer it to understand what you've done to us. We're not sleeping or eating properly, we're getting in trouble in work, pulling our hair out with frustration and spending all damned day putting stats on our enemies' siege skill and getting nothing in return except watching our enemies laugh their heads off.
patrapture

Post by patrapture »

so u r going to give big castle which previously had the most hp less hp, r u aware of whatnis going on.
let me explain previously becuz of high hp most surviving clans had to build the big castle to withstand siege attks becuz towers couldnt last more than an hour. Now this sudden change and becuz we converted to big castles nownim gonna lose more hp on castles that i only built cuz of high hp. so im concerned i just did what i tht was best and it seems to b getting worse for me.

all these sudden changes imo seem to alienate a huge portion of your clientele, those of us that spent our money to help game reach this point.

to be in clan nowadays means u just log on and repair, kollex spoke of no untouchable buildings but have allowed for salamander island to be completely cut off to sieging cuz of bldgs being build enclosing entryways.

i know u r trying to improve game and i have seen many disrrspects targeted towards u for doing so, but it just seems to me that these changes r being created with ignorance to situations. like i urge u as a lvl 100 to start recruiting and bldg i would like to know if u actually believe a new clan has a chance much less could u build recruit repair and actually find time to enjoy the game ubhave created.

this balance maybe a step in the right direction but honestly i need to see it first, it all sounds good minus the biggest castle having hp reduction.

i for one didnt join a clan under the identity that is being promoted now, it wasnt for pvp it was for crafting and comraderie, sure would embrace pvp from time to time, now all i do is pvp when i am on or suffer losses, i think though u may disagree that everyone has a right to clan how thy wanna clan, i believe current structure makes clan 1 dimensional therefore becoming only fun for those who wanna pvp anymore.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I know I'm basically an outsider at this point, but from a "numbers" perspective, this is brilliant. The problems before were that you'd attack a building for 10 hours, and it'd be repaired in 30 seconds. After that, you'd build for 100 hours, and it'd be destroyed in 2.... This fixes both those main issues. The addition of two types of siege weapons and more varied buildings will add to strategy in building and attacking. I really think you guys will be very, very happy with this update after the initial shock of "uh oh, another change" wears off.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

We'll soon see, but I doubt it will be enough, don't get me wrong, it's probably a step in the right direction but think about our real lives before enslaving us. We can't be online 24/7. That's just wrong to expect that.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I totally agree with you on that. So let's say you've had 8 clan mates each put in 5 hours per week for 2 months into a building. (320 character-hours) It should now take about 240 character hours to destroy it (so let's say 10 enemies each attacking for 24 hours straight, or 2 enemies attacking for 5 days without stopping)

Now let's say they (all 10 of them) attack for 12 hours and halfway destroy your building. They know they didn't waste their time because you can't just fix it in 2 minutes, it'd take 80 character-hours to fully repair (say your original 8 clan mates repairing for 10 hours each)

Barring any bugs and glitches (which would be fixed anyway) I truly think this is the update FT has been needing :)
⬜ 💣 🌏
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Yup I figured you guys could come up with a better way to screw the players. We just got used to the latest screwing you guys gave us i guess its not enough. I can't say leave well enough alone because absolutely NOTHING is well due to the changes you top dogs are doing. But hey it's not the players game we just pay with time stress and money to get screwed. Have at it boys.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Waaaaahh!!!! Why doesn't everyone wait and see before they start crying.
It may be the update u originally wanted. Or it might totally stink. We'll see. Why cry about it now?
Omnes Autem Uri
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Just to be clear, I'm basically a nobody as far as this stuff is concerned, but I do have a question: What could you possibly be complaining about? You've offered no substance whatsoever, so I assume you're just the type who enjoys complaining... which is fine, except that you should at least have the integrity to say, "I'm just complaining because there was a change to a system about which I had previously complained, because it needed changed."
⬜ 💣 🌏