4th year of FTMMORPG - new server and no ads :)

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Blackthorne

Re: 4th year of FTMMORPG - new server and no ads :)

Post by Blackthorne »

Nice bit of nostalgia and I like the background of the original maps...like a scroll to a lost continent or world ;-)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank30 wrote:This game has come a long ways, I have only been playing online for about a year and a half, but the changes are noticeable, clans ally system, pvp protection if not clanned, extended crafting options, hordes of new mobs (glad to be a part of the skin color changing community) players can purchase real viable companions/followers, other than having to wait till lvl360 to have a formidable pet to enjoy grinding with (The Gold Dragon helped me gain many levels, nearly 300 :o :roll: :D there have been many new maps added, many dungeons, several quests, fishing for loot is not to be left out, many will agree it's a great addition to the game, and for me brings back my early days fishing on Legend of Zelda, good times.
You mention several recent changes; this inspires me to list some changes since my joining (in random thought order):

DIAGONAL WALKING
If anyone can remember before this was implemented, you know how big of an improvement this was. Probably my favourite ;)

PETS
I never did like them personally; but they were a big game change when implemented. They have since become very, very popular.

THROWN WEAPONS
One of many adjustments to melee classes, these have made PvP more interesting.

RANGE 2 WEAPONS
Another bonus to the melee classes, making PvP a little easier for those who do not use joystick, and a boon to all melee in general.

BANK AND TAVERN STORAGE
Life was much more difficult before these features were implemented.

GUARDS
The bane of the outlaw. It was especially fun, to spawn these once in a while too.

GRAPHICS
To tell the truth, the game hardly looks the same anymore. Sure, the base backgrounds look similar, but I think even those are a higher definition now. All items, equipment etc. have almost been entirely redone, the GUI has improved, and also the game menus look very different. And don't forget, that map, as posted above.

PASSWORD RECOVERY AND CHANGE
This was a great addition to the game. The old password changing method was potentially dangerous, as one typo could reveal your password! Also, the addition of the email recovery system is such a big help to anyone who forgets their password. Another big plus is, this drastically cut down on "stolen" accounts.

SPECIAL SKINS
Probably one of the most popular features of the game currently. Before my time, there were some issued, then taken away due to bugs. Since their return, they have taken FT by storm.

PURCHASED SKINS
Another very popular feature; at one time, skins were free, and people did abuse this bonus feature. I for one do approve of the idea to make them purchased; the game does have its expenses, and the new freedom of being able to change skins at will is appreciated by many (it could take a week to get a skin change, previously).

PURCHASES IN GENERAL
New options for buying more levels, appreciated by those who like to buy many of them at a time.
The increased backpack is personally my favourite purchase. I have bought several.
Several other options to make the game more enjoyable; and also good support of the game.

MUTE SYSTEM CHANGE
A personal favourite of mine; I was a big part of it's conception. At one time, mutes were for one day only, except the 5th, which was permanent. I think, the new system is far better.

Oh, I could go on, especially if I went through the New Version Announcements forum. There have been so many updates to the game since I first started three years ago; it is hardly the same game anymore. Again, a huge happy birthday to FT, and a huge congratulations to compbatant, and a huge thank you to everyone who has supported the game, whether through ideas, purchases, or even "simply" being an exemplary player (this includes, "good guys" and "bad guys" both). Oh, and how could I forget, a big shout out to all GMs, past and present, for all your efforts.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Good examples, Mad :)

Don't forget changing the base formulae so that mages damage is spread out amongst multiple targets and hp/regen doesn't make everybody impossible to kill ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

blitzcraig wrote:Good examples, Mad :)

Don't forget changing the base formulae so that mages damage is spread out amongst multiple targets and hp/regen doesn't make everybody impossible to kill ;)
This was, I believe, before my time, you old timer.
But, very good points just the same.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Post by Leone »

And not only diagonal movement, but how close you can skirt between objects. That's been a massive change.

Is the silv city freebie still open?

Comment by MadMikael
Another very good point, the thinning of trees was another huge addition!
No, I think the back door to Silverwood's has since been fixed. My very first post actually, was a report of this "bug".
And, sorry for posting on your post, but I don't want to "spam the thread" lol
stephen12345

Post by stephen12345 »

Happy birthday!!!

4 years of exploring, questing, and warring.

Great job to gm's for putting up with us all especially when things get dirty :) and well done to creators of maps and game for keeping this game fun :)
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Blackthorne wrote:Nice bit of nostalgia and I like the background of the original maps...like a scroll to a lost continent or world ;-)

MadMikael,
All are great points and all have mage huge impacts on the game, I too have spent much money on many purchaseables, all for the betterment of the game, many changes have been made, and game is always evolving, this time next year who knows what all will be new...

I listed only a few things in my original post, to allow others to post things as well and not have everyone saying the same thing, or at least cut down on the frequency of somewhat duplicate posts.

My time with FT online hasn't quite been 2yrs yet, but I January 15th of 2015 i believe is when I first starting playing offline, so just over two years since my discovering the world of FT.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
levi pt-br

Post by levi pt-br »

compbatant wrote:If you are interested how big was world of FT at beginning look below :)
The first picture shows offline version and second MMORPG and third is actual version ( with two maps from future ) :)
Hi! Yes, is this map that I need, ty by posted it
Levi pt-br
Game Translator: Portuguese
Spoken Language: Portuguese, English, Spanish.
Links Úteis: Show
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

DOOM FEED MAPS TO GOLGREN!!
William

Post by William »

Keep up the good work, you guys are awesome.
Ps. Please update item list
Your friend William88