Auto Disconnect for AFK players

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Auto Disconnect for AFK players

Post by Leone »

Not happened to me. The game is running as normal.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I think, if you're just chatting, there may be a chance it's not working 100% correctly - if that is the case, please report with account name and approximate /time
the afk kicks are logged, so we can tell if it was because of that or not

I've heard a few say that it has happened, but I've yet to receive an accurate report.
I myself, was kicked once unexpectedly; but I think it was in fact at my end.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I do not supporr this AFK Kick Feature.

Time limit currently is 5mins imo this is unreasonable, 10mins is much better, I'm not even concerned about auto clicking, not my problem, I don't pvp, and I don't kill others unless they ask, then of course I give them the "Express to Start" as they requested.

Let's ger real, remember when we all first started playing, took awhile to learn that +6 dex is needed to kil a mob in a timely manner, otherwise you were stuck hacking away at red spider for a good amount of time, of course unless you were mage starting with yellow spell.

5mins is ridiculous make it 10mins please and be fair to all.

Yes low level accounts matter too.

Oivu,
-DT
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Easily bypassed if they move, or click attack during that 5 minutes.
They will have to learn, like we all do.
Hopefully, this information will get added to the manual as well.

But I don't think 10 minutes is reasonable at all.
In fact, if anything, I think the time should be reduced, not increased.
I've had so many friends over the years - even low level - that suffered because they had to jump up for something in real life.
Some, who fell asleep too.
There's an old post of mine from years ago - a friend fell asleep on me while we were playing.
I stayed and defended him for over an hour, before he logged.
To those innocents, I think the time reduction is more fair than an increase.

We all had to learn to log out in when needed. Even more so, with pets and rule 13 being added.
Now, we all need to learn again.
It's not new - this game has changed so much over the years; each time, we accept and learn, or we move on.

No, this feature may not be 100% ironed out yet, but it's not going away, and I highly doubt it will be increased.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I think it should be less than 5 minutes and I am glad to hear that it probably will not be increased.
BOO!:ghost:
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

I think this is the correct way to go.
Here's the the thing, If you are not interacting with the game for 5 minutes, YOU ARE AFK! Idc what anyone says. Anyone who thinks it should be ten minutes is an afk-er, end of. Building cuts off after 2 minutes max, that's more than reasonable. 5 minutes is more than I'd give you.
As for autoclickers, yes, you *ARE* a problem. A big one, if you ask me. It is because of *YOU* *ahem....Mike, ahem, Tapok* that our game lags the instant you walk on the map *Tapok*.
You autoclickers are the reason the game lags so much. You only get 6 clicks per second but you set your autoclickers to 200 clicks per second thinking it makes a difference but all it does is lag everyone out. Thanks, now I can't walk 2 steps without getting thrown halfway across the map.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

RyoHazuki wrote:I think this is the correct way to go.
Here's the the thing, If you are not interacting with the game for 5 minutes, YOU ARE AFK! Idc what anyone says. Anyone who thinks it should be ten minutes is an afk-er, end of. Building cuts off after 2 minutes max, that's more than reasonable. 5 minutes is more than I'd give you.
As for autoclickers, yes, you *ARE* a problem. A big one, if you ask me. It is because of *YOU* *ahem....Mike, ahem, Tapok* that our game lags the instant you walk on the map *Tapok*.
You autoclickers are the reason the game lags so much. You only get 6 clicks per second but you set your autoclickers to 200 clicks per second thinking it makes a difference but all it does is lag everyone out. Thanks, now I can't walk 2 steps without getting thrown halfway across the map.
Next time you see such a thing, note the player name, and /time. Send it to me asap please.
EDIT: map number may help too.
EDIT2: do edits still bother you? ;)
EDIT3: that thread and those posts are still one of my favourite forum memories
EDIT4: I've hit forum level 2100 now... miss seeing you post like you did back then.

NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

RyoHazuki wrote:I think this is the correct way to go.
I like you, who are you? :lol:
You speak the truth ;)
Does life really get better?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

NightBaby wrote: I like you, who are you? :lol:
You speak the truth ;)
Ryo is a long time player, we started playing around the same time.
We used to grind together back in the day.
I can say, I've always thought him to be honest, and unafraid to voice his opinions, regardless of what others think.
He also has a long time passion for the game.
I think, always within the rules too (maybe one or two posts edited in almost 4 years? if that)
Those are qualities I admire.

As for who he is, and more of his story, I hope you meet up with him.
It's a long tale, full of ups and downs, some good things and some bad.
And he can entertain you for hours in game chat ;)

RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Thanks, guys. I appreciate that.