stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

I quit.

Post by MadMikael »

I'm sick of it.
I quit.
Don't send me PMs.
Contact another GM, I'm not a GM anymore.
I've already disabled my game GM accounts.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Re: I quit.

Post by Leone »

Really sorry to read this, Mad. There's a good 95% (hopefully more)of us who appreciate what you and the other GMs do on a voluntary basis. I guess it's the others.

Take note all: this is what happens. People don't quit without a valid reason. Without GMs this game will fail.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

:(
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Sorry to read this, old friend :/
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

*purrrrs and gives the bestest most shweetest kitty luvins ever full of rubs and head bumps and ofc the most annoying tail in the face* meow <3
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Sad news indeed. I certainly understand it. I've been on the brink of quitting multiple times, and have had to be talked into not quitting. The daily grind can be excruciating for a GM - especially when there are so many players that give us non-stop grief. We all play the game because we love it (or at least most of us), and that is true for a GM as well - but there are certainly times when a GM hates it. There is almost never a day that goes by that someone on the GM teams goes without being harassed, cussed at, or given some type of grief.

We lost a good one today.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I do not understand why this happened, but I know that you've done a lot in the last six months to make it easier for the Russian community and helped me personally in many game situations for which I want to say many thanks.
Maybe you boiled from the fact that we have toxic players who are constantly bored in all senses and do not want to communicate with them but becoming GM you had to listen to everyone I understand how hard it is
I think it's worth taking a break from playing for a specific time, it really helps
If possible, I would like you to return to GM after a while because this game still needs our Lion @Mikael
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

When MadMikael first thought of becoming a moderator (now called GM), he made it clear he did not want to be a moderator in the game - just the forum.
Gandalf himself said this was not possible. It's an all or nothing thing.
So, reluctantly, he took on the full job. He never wanted to punish anyone, he just wanted to keep the language down, and get rid of spam.
As time went on, he accepted more responsibility, understanding that to keep the game fair, he had to sacrifice parts of himself to do so.
He did not like people that had any of the following qualities: greed, lack of manners, selfishness, rudeness, the insulting types, bullies, liars, thieves, scammers, those with false sense of entitlement, snobs, bigots, two-faced, and any other "negative" qualities you can think of.
In real life, he'd not associate with any of these types of people; in fact, he'd never talk to them again.
In the game, he chose to be exposed to them, and deal with them on a regular basis.
It tore at his heart. But he did that for others.
More than once, it became overwhelming for him.
More than once, he'd walk away, vowing never to return.
More than once, he felt compelled to come back and do the right thing, as he knew that there aren't many who can do the job.
Not fairly, anyway.
No, he was not perfect, but he'd spend countless hours chasing down ghosts, either a report of a rumour, or looking through evidence to make sure that the one he punished really deserved it. BTW, 95% of players lie when they are punished, to try and get out of it. He'd still try to make sure that the one in front of him was not in that 5%.

Fact is, he tried harder than he should have, and repeatedly got dumped on anyway.
MadMikael is dead. RIP.

The game is full of lazy crybabies who would rather give a GM hours worth of work than do 15 minutes themselves.
To you I say: stop being so lazy and rude; get off the game and make a bug report if you want something fixed, instead of giving a GM grief over it. They are actually LESS responsible for it than you are; they do not program. You know the bug, they don't. Make the report you lazy crybaby.
Yes, I'm specifically referring to those crying over a bug that's "been around for over a year, and kills everyone", and yet, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAS MADE A SINGLE BUG REPORT ON THE FORUM AS OF YET! A GM's job is not to do this. Don't tell a GM what their job is, when you really have no clue.
And stop, for the love of everything, calling everyone else lazy when you can't be bothered to make an effort at all, except to complain and belittle someone else for your lack of desire to contribute in any way (save maybe your wallet).

Then there's those who claim favouritism in whatever petty little clan war going on.
Whatever, get over yourself. Most of you are only believing partial (and half true) stories told to you by others.
GMs do not care who "wins", nor do they care about your little soap clan drama.
It's really rather a simple concept. If a GM catches someone breaking rules, they get punished.
"BOTH SIDES' have been punished, "BOTH SIDES" have cheated in some way, "BOTH SIDES" are at fault. Stop pretending like you're the victim, and grow up.
Countless hours are wasted on silly and petty reports.
AFK sieging. Hundreds of reports. Maybe, 3 were true?
Clan spamming: originally, was not against the rules; you whine; a rule is made, both sides get caught and punished, you whine of favouritism.
Heal blockers. That requires programming. Many of us have made suggestions, and had heated forum debates over it. Yet you "experts" don't get on the forum and participate at all. You just want to whine and berate GMs for it.
Unclanned on clan map. Sure, a rule could be made, but people would still break it, and some would be impossible to catch. But, it really seems the mechanic is deliberate, so I doubt a rule would be made anyway.... Of course, if the community got on the forum and unanimously supported it, it could happen... but again, you're too important to do so, you're above that sort of thing, and leave it to others that you think should do it. You're so good at knowing what is best for the game, that others should just do what they're told by you, and make it happen, you already made an effort by typing it into the small game chat, or a vague comment in the forum minichat.
The list goes on.

The thing is, many of you "cheat", or push the rules as close to the limit as possible, to gain an advantage and "win", and rationalize it to yourselves somehow.
And all of those that do, try and manipulate GMs in some fashion to rule on their side; whether they do or don't, you still treat them like garbage.
If you would stop for a second and think, you'd realize how much worse you're actually making things.
What are you trying to accomplish, really?
To "win" by any means necessary. Well, good luck.
Keep it up, let's see how long the GMs will put up with it.
Personally, I thought of just destroying every clan map. Decided I'd keep my integrity instead.
And as mentioned above, how good would your war be, if there were no GMs left?
Then all of you can sit and whine at each other of how lousy GMs are for quitting, and how everyone cheats.

I honestly hope you lazy whiners all end up "losing". You're losers already in my book.
Sad that there's actually a lot of good players that lose out now too.
Oh well. Life goes on. Good luck in your ventures.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

WILL BE MISSED!
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Madmik...very sorry to hear this. Thank you for all the assistance,direction and camaraderie. I can only hope that those that pushed you to the limit, to make this decision, are exposed so we as an FT community can blacklist them.