super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
MadMagus

Re: I quit.

Post by MadMagus »

Anger fades, emptiness remains.
Reading this thread again, I wonder if this was the right decision.

MadMikael
you were my hero
you were everything I ever wanted to be
...that included someone who never gives up
that's who I created you to be

There are still many who could use your help
and you left some work unfinished that needs doing

the sadness is now gone
the fires are again burning
and as always, the path is not easy

will you rise to the challenge?

there are yet hurdles to overcome
do not fear
for even if this does not work
it does not matter
your greatest powers have returned
and only I can take them away
I say it is time to finish your work
and clear your conscience
then, you can move on if you wish

!!!: Show
lionbiteoffmorethanicanchew.jpg
lionbiteoffmorethanicanchew.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

There's always a welcome mat out for the lion…

And a bigger GM team in support, to call on when players get unruly
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I vote yes
BOO!:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

YES! »»»»» Bring back "THE" lion!

Revive!
- Crawl out of the hole!
- - Let the King of Beasts walk the land again!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yep. A very welcome return to th team.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

phoenixdown.jpg
phoenixdown.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 6691 times
My work is not yet finished.
See you around.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ventyrer

Post by Ventyrer »

MadMagus wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 am When MadMikael first thought of becoming a moderator (now called GM), he made it clear he did not want to be a moderator in the game - just the forum.
Gandalf himself said this was not possible. It's an all or nothing thing.
So, reluctantly, he took on the full job. He never wanted to punish anyone, he just wanted to keep the language down, and get rid of spam.
As time went on, he accepted more responsibility, understanding that to keep the game fair, he had to sacrifice parts of himself to do so.
He did not like people that had any of the following qualities: greed, lack of manners, selfishness, rudeness, the insulting types, bullies, liars, thieves, scammers, those with false sense of entitlement, snobs, bigots, two-faced, and any other "negative" qualities you can think of.
In real life, he'd not associate with any of these types of people; in fact, he'd never talk to them again.
In the game, he chose to be exposed to them, and deal with them on a regular basis.
It tore at his heart. But he did that for others.
More than once, it became overwhelming for him.
More than once, he'd walk away, vowing never to return.
More than once, he felt compelled to come back and do the right thing, as he knew that there aren't many who can do the job.
Not fairly, anyway.
No, he was not perfect, but he'd spend countless hours chasing down ghosts, either a report of a rumour, or looking through evidence to make sure that the one he punished really deserved it. BTW, 95% of players lie when they are punished, to try and get out of it. He'd still try to make sure that the one in front of him was not in that 5%.

Fact is, he tried harder than he should have, and repeatedly got dumped on anyway.
MadMikael is dead. RIP.

The game is full of lazy crybabies who would rather give a GM hours worth of work than do 15 minutes themselves.
To you I say: stop being so lazy and rude; get off the game and make a bug report if you want something fixed, instead of giving a GM grief over it. They are actually LESS responsible for it than you are; they do not program. You know the bug, they don't. Make the report you lazy crybaby.
Yes, I'm specifically referring to those crying over a bug that's "been around for over a year, and kills everyone", and yet, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAS MADE A SINGLE BUG REPORT ON THE FORUM AS OF YET! A GM's job is not to do this. Don't tell a GM what their job is, when you really have no clue.
And stop, for the love of everything, calling everyone else lazy when you can't be bothered to make an effort at all, except to complain and belittle someone else for your lack of desire to contribute in any way (save maybe your wallet).

Then there's those who claim favouritism in whatever petty little clan war going on.
Whatever, get over yourself. Most of you are only believing partial (and half true) stories told to you by others.
GMs do not care who "wins", nor do they care about your little soap clan drama.
It's really rather a simple concept. If a GM catches someone breaking rules, they get punished.
"BOTH SIDES' have been punished, "BOTH SIDES" have cheated in some way, "BOTH SIDES" are at fault. Stop pretending like you're the victim, and grow up.
Countless hours are wasted on silly and petty reports.
AFK sieging. Hundreds of reports. Maybe, 3 were true?
Clan spamming: originally, was not against the rules; you whine; a rule is made, both sides get caught and punished, you whine of favouritism.
Heal blockers. That requires programming. Many of us have made suggestions, and had heated forum debates over it. Yet you "experts" don't get on the forum and participate at all. You just want to whine and berate GMs for it.
Unclanned on clan map. Sure, a rule could be made, but people would still break it, and some would be impossible to catch. But, it really seems the mechanic is deliberate, so I doubt a rule would be made anyway.... Of course, if the community got on the forum and unanimously supported it, it could happen... but again, you're too important to do so, you're above that sort of thing, and leave it to others that you think should do it. You're so good at knowing what is best for the game, that others should just do what they're told by you, and make it happen, you already made an effort by typing it into the small game chat, or a vague comment in the forum minichat.
The list goes on.

The thing is, many of you "cheat", or push the rules as close to the limit as possible, to gain an advantage and "win", and rationalize it to yourselves somehow.
And all of those that do, try and manipulate GMs in some fashion to rule on their side; whether they do or don't, you still treat them like garbage.
If you would stop for a second and think, you'd realize how much worse you're actually making things.
What are you trying to accomplish, really?
To "win" by any means necessary. Well, good luck.
Keep it up, let's see how long the GMs will put up with it.
Personally, I thought of just destroying every clan map. Decided I'd keep my integrity instead.
And as mentioned above, how good would your war be, if there were no GMs left?
Then all of you can sit and whine at each other of how lousy GMs are for quitting, and how everyone cheats.

I honestly hope you lazy whiners all end up "losing". You're losers already in my book.
Sad that there's actually a lot of good players that lose out now too.
Oh well. Life goes on. Good luck in your ventures.
Well said MadMagus.. Very well said.. RIP MadMikael...
It takes a man to rock pink ;)
Main-
Ventyrer: Swordsman (Pink Skeleton)
Alts-
JegErEnGud: Swordsman
Cripple: Dark Dwarf
JegErMagi: Mage
FettTroll: Ogre
Bueskytter: Archer
8-)
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ventyrer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 pm Well said MadMagus.. Very well said.. RIP MadMikael...
Thanks for the compliment
(yes, MadMagus is me)
but I just came back from the dead, today, in the post above yours.

I was angry. Very angry.
I knew I could no longer be objective - and walked away.
55 days later, I formally applied to rejoin.
I hope, not too many are angry with me, but I'm sure if you read my posts, you could agree that I was too angry to be a fair GM.
I've always put tons of heart and effort into this, and sometimes, I put too much.
So, I get hurt.
I'm only human, trying to live to a higher standard in the game, and it's very taxing sometimes.
But the rewards of helping people is totally worth it.
I'm looking forward to the coming days, and to see what we can accomplish.
Thank you everyone, for your support.
See you around.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ventyrer

Post by Ventyrer »

MadMikael wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 am
Ventyrer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 pm Well said MadMagus.. Very well said.. RIP MadMikael...
Thanks for the compliment
(yes, MadMagus is me)
but I just came back from the dead, today, in the post above yours.

I was angry. Very angry.
I knew I could no longer be objective - and walked away.
55 days later, I formally applied to rejoin.
I hope, not too many are angry with me, but I'm sure if you read my posts, you could agree that I was too angry to be a fair GM.
I've always put tons of heart and effort into this, and sometimes, I put too much.
So, I get hurt.
I'm only human, trying to live to a higher standard in the game, and it's very taxing sometimes.
But the rewards of helping people is totally worth it.
I'm looking forward to the coming days, and to see what we can accomplish.
Thank you everyone, for your support.
See you around.
You're welcome, lol I kinda figured MadMagus was you because I remember back a couple months ago when i was adding all the Admins as friends I remember seeing MadMagus as one of your alts..and I didn't read past MadMagus post So welcome back 8-)
It takes a man to rock pink ;)
Main-
Ventyrer: Swordsman (Pink Skeleton)
Alts-
JegErEnGud: Swordsman
Cripple: Dark Dwarf
JegErMagi: Mage
FettTroll: Ogre
Bueskytter: Archer
8-)