Personalized items

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Personalized items

Post by rearrow »

@ryaca

can you please tell us why you think these changes are good?
for creator it generates revenue to put in his other (or even this) games, so that argument is clear.

I dont like what happened to ft over the 4.5 years i played (becomming p2w) but one reason i come back (except for old friends) is that for most major changes compbatant gives the players a chance to comment,critisize and suggest improvements. he may ignore them but we have a chance to influence where the game goes.
thats more then other games do and it creates a strange kind of loyalty.

so my question to you is to explain why changes ate good and not just suck up.
that was my neutral comment. now the biased one:

why is it good for the game that high lvl players get multiple times more stat points for the same money as lower lvls?

why is it good that if you have cash you can buy nodrop for your character and run no risk in pvp?
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

After your suggestions and thinking more about it I decided that the max level for such items will be 2000.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

rearrow wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:15 pm @ryaca

for creator it generates revenue to put in his other (or even this) games, so that argument is clear.

I dont like what happened to ft over the 4.5 years i played (becomming p2w) but one reason i come back (except for old friends) is that for most major changes compbatant gives the players a chance to comment,critisize and suggest improvements. he may ignore them but we have a chance to influence where the game goes.

why is it good for the game that high lvl players get multiple times more stat points for the same money as lower lvls?

why is it good that if you have cash you can buy nodrop for your character and run no risk in pvp?
I don't owe you or anyone else any explanation

I can an will do as i please

If you don't like it i don't care
BOO!:ghost:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

rearrow wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:15 pm I dont like what happened to ft over the 4.5 years i played (becomming p2w)
So that means you do not like 99.85% of the games at Google Play Store.
Even the "Offline" games there have "Online Purchases" to help you "win the game"
Windows has "Shareware" or "Crippledware" -> you have to p2w these too.

Now, for some of those "offline games" that my wife tried, she deletes after a while because at point X she cannot continue unless she pays $$$. Those are p2w.

FT is playable without $$$. Sure if you are 20 you might be 50 when you get to level 2000. But there is always someone selling Real$ items for "game gold" ... so it takes longer, but it is "playable".

Sit back, relax and enjoy the game. It's the ONLY one I play, and that's because of a bunch of people I've met here. As long as FT is here, in the real world, and I'm here, in the real world, I'll be playing in the pixel world of FT.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Ryaca wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:33 pm

no. you are not required to explain or do anything.
But you are the who asked for opinions and suggestions on personal items in your topic in sugestions.

as you will see in this topic compbatant does read and consider the sugestions and may change things if he agrees.

what you do here asking for sugestions from others and then be rude about it doesnt help anyone or the game.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

@lostknight

actually you are mostly right in that i dont like or play 98% of the games in playstore.
the difference is however that most of these havent changed as drasticly since their beginning as ft.
when ft started there were many p2w games around.
others were not p2w but required large amounds of data which would be very expensive for those who did not have foxed internet connections.
ft was grind to win and you could be a top player if you put in the hours instead of money.
one of the main strengths if ft is that it changes and expands with new quests new mechanisms (skills) . new challenges. and players have had a voice in that which is much bigger then in other games.
the one change i dread and why some reactions of older experienced players are worried is a change which makes ft not P2W but pay2play.
we have been around in ft long enough to remember changes where a single account in the space of a few hours could and did destroy complete cities which large clans had build over a period of years.
or changes which meanth that suddenky your character could be killed without you even have time to realise it.

often these changes were often somewhat changed and balanced by other updates, but in the meantine a lot was lost.

so imo its a very good idea to react, sugest and critisize.
compbatant gives us that chance. lets use it.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

rearrow wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 am
Ryaca wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:33 pm

no. you are not required to explain or do anything.
But you are the who asked for opinions and suggestions on personal items in your topic in sugestions.

as you will see in this topic compbatant does read and consider the sugestions and may change things if he agrees.

what you do here asking for sugestions from others and then be rude about it doesnt help anyone or the game.
This is new version announcements not suggestions and you were rude to me first calling me a suck up

I retaliated in kind like i do when i feel I'm attacked so I'm sorry if my response seemed rude but you won't see me calling you any names.
BOO!:ghost:
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think comp's post saying max 2k personalised items validates that he listens to players and GMs about the longevity of the game. We genuinely do have an input. We need to express it constructively.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 am We genuinely do have an input. We need to express it constructively.
DING!
We have a winner!

EDIT:
@ rearrow 5 months playing - I can't discuss what was, only what is. And it's awesome to see compbatant reads and listens - within reason.
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

+1 leone

anyway. im actualy excited about this.
Those who know me know iv always wanted a pig skin.
That isnt possible yet but now i finaly can have a personalised pig helmet, maybe even pigfeet boots, gauntlets etc.